• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What's that smell?

1nanny

Greenlighter
My upstairs neighbor has recently started smoking something that smells like burning pine-sol! This old historical house has thin walls. It comes in my apt. And often makes me nauseated and gives me headache. Any idea what coúld be?

My upstairs neighbor has recently started smoking something that smells like burning pine-sol! This old historical house has thin walls. It comes in my apt. And often makes me nauseated and gives me headache. Any idea what coúld be?
Hi there. I am going to move your thread to our drug Culture forum where it may get more answers. How do you know your upstairs neighbor is smoking anything at all? Could be a new cleaning agent they are using or a pesticide of some sort.

Any reason to suspect he is ingesting something?

Maybe one of those herbal tobaccos?

I tried one for short while in 1999 I think. For cannabis joints only.

It was ghastly. My friend Dom who I visited one weekend at his university residence in seaaide Eastbourne near Brighton, that stag do like birthday weekend, he refused to allow me to smoke my herbal tobacco joints in his room.

"It smells like cat's piss" he declared.

Maybe some dank ass bud?
The numerous possibilities are are baffling.
How long has this been going on?
Smoke detectors going off?
One person or more?
What kind of people are they?
Do they have any pets?
What's your favorite drug?

Welcome to bluelight. How'd ya hear of us or were we just stumbled upon in a rando fashion?
Take care and be safe.
:hear4t:
Hope to hear back

I lost my daughter 9/2020. She had bad wreck and Dr. Gave her percoset. She loved it. She had 5 children and husband who cheated. She just couldn't give it up. She's not hurting anymore. She smoked with guy upstairs and I could barely smell it. That was heroin 0r so she said. Lot of nodding. But she worked every day scheduled. Lately this chemical smell happens only when hes home about 15 minutes. Its not weed. I was just curious. Reading some of posts made me feel closer to her. Thanks for your responses.

I can't really think of any drugs that might smell like burning pine sol.

Is it a pungent vinegar/sweet like smell? -> heroin

to me, I describe black tar heroin smell as if you poured vinegar in a bowl of BBQ sauce and lit it on fire.

It is definitely a chemical like smell. It changes from time to time. I can only imagine how strong it must be in his apt. His mama comes once month to clean. He cleans with detergents and febreeze before she comes. I digress. Like I said, I'm just curious. Thanks for any insight you provide.

Even tho we have both ttlived here for many years, he doesn't want anyone to know for sure that he indulges. The closest he's ever come was after my daughter died he said IF YOU NEED ANYTHING TO HELP YOU GET THRU THIS YOU LET ME KNOW. When the guy in the new Navigator comes they go in his living room. Put something on table and begin to chip/ chop. Then the smell. But there's a lot of chopping that goes on before Navig. Leaves. Then there's few people that come through out night. The walls are very thin. But since I'm older the 3 folks that live in these apts. Are protective of me. But no one speaks about drugs.

My only clue was when a friend of mine brought my laundry to me said MAMA! ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK? SMELLS LIKE CRACK IN HERE! Of course she knows I don't smoke it but I wonder if that could be it?

My only clue was when a friend of mine brought my laundry to me said MAMA! ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK? SMELLS LIKE CRACK IN HERE! Of course she knows I don't smoke it but I wonder if that could be it?
Probably ...

Ive heard of it referred to as burnt styrofoam?

Thats close. Definitely burning, but the chemical smell is scary. When his use escalated the smell woke woke me one night @3am. I thought apt was on fire. When he hears me coughing & gagging I hear him raising windows. I know its none of my business. I just don't want anyone else to die. To tell you the truth I don't know what good it would do me to know what it is other than satisfy my curiosity. I thank everyone who replied.

Pine sol is an all purpose cleaner used to mop floors and do general household cleaning. Strong pine smell.

Ah, got ya.

Amphetamines often smell very much like cleaning products due to residual solvents, but if it smells that strong through the floor it's more likely to be some very aromatic strain of cannabis in my opinion.

I'm curious as to how this smell is getting down there, air vents? air conditioning?