• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

what's pcp like?

he read it in the drug myths thread but forgot to read the title

hmmm....a new thread

the new thread should be....the best drug myths that u thought were true:\ :\

Aaaahhh...

I'll never forget an article that I read in that right wing bastion of truth,"Reader's Digest." The article was "a true account" of how a "hippy" took 2 tabs of acid and then stuck scissors in both his eyes and removed them because he felt that he was seeing the world in all its ugly truth. I miss those innocent days...Utter nonsense...

i'm confused now. my sister smoked some "pot" at a party ... took a few bong rips and said she started tripping really hard. she said there were oil rainbows swishing all over the walls and that there were no corners, everything rounded together. she eventually started flopping around on the ground like a beached dolphin thrashing around. she came home the next day still shaking and twitching a bit, petrafied. we figured it must have been that infamous pcp ... and i thought that until i read this and the description doesn't corrilate. i wonder what the hell she was on?!

Yeah, it wouldn't be PCP unless she specifically asked for her herb to be dipped in that water and ehw wouldn't be getting it for free, thats for sure! PCP is starting to become more rare and if anybody has got it they're gonna make sure they get every penny out of it. Marijuana will no longer be laced with PCP anymore, if it ever was.

I have no idea what was in her pot but it is possible that she just had a panic attack and flipped out. After a panic attack the person may still feel strung out the following day. Why the hell would someone waste their money for someone else to het high off the chemical. I'm thinking....

1.) Really potent buds
2.) She smoked some herb
3.) Fipped out and had a panic attack
4.) Came to conclusion of PCP becayse the myth that everybody

it was years ago

in 1981 or so i smoked a joint-like material that had a dissociative-disorientative unpleasant head to all 4 or 5 who smoked it...we each took like 5 hits off of it...and damn if it did not seem like parsley we were smoking....did not taste like weed.....my only run in with pcp.....other than crazed people in the ER...but that is another story

and its really ez to make....cause the technique used to make it is like taught inall first semester organic chemistry lab...a grinyard reaction or something like that....distant memories from the early 80's

of course..the needed starting compounds are watched...since it is ez to blow yourself up doing this....usually some poor organic chem student has his step up blow up on his.....but it in a lab....and just suffer embarassment!!!

grignard reagents should not be messed with unless you've been trained and understand whats going ong (by, say, taking organic I & II at college). you can start a fire or blow something up reasonably easily. not that i think anyone here is about to run out and try to synth a batch or anything... but i think "bucket method" might imply a simplicity and lack of danger to some.

grignard reagent

the grignard reagent that is pretty close to the one used to make pcp was like the 5th lab in first semester organic chemistry when i took it

that was in the 80's and now there is a much tighter control on the solvent
needed.....cause so many pcp labs were blowing up

I find it damn funny, you don't have a sense of humor awatkins.

Come on, I mean, the guy was so stupid that he chopped his arm off (myth) because he was flipping out on PCP (myth). He didn't lose his arm due to natural causes. A good joke from a lame myth! :)

caige said:
i'm confused now. my sister smoked some "pot" at a party ... took a few bong rips and said she started tripping really hard. she said there were oil rainbows swishing all over the walls and that there were no corners, everything rounded together. she eventually started flopping around on the ground like a beached dolphin thrashing around. she came home the next day still shaking and twitching a bit, petrafied. we figured it must have been that infamous pcp ... and i thought that until i read this and the description doesn't corrilate. i wonder what the hell she was on?!

sounds like DMT, or DPT. PCP doesn't give you visuals like that.

ahhh, PCP... once my favorite D.O.C.

it's like sitting in a black hole...the void.

as for you people comparing it to smoking a lot of weed, you're not even close to accurate. you sound like the Spanish conquistadors who went back to spain comparing a mushroom experience to a drunken state....way off.

anaesthetic dissociation is a state completely different than any other altered consciousness state...where as psychedelic tryptamines and phenethylamines may show you "something" (and sometimes nothing ness, with a high enough dose), dissociatives show you "nothingness" ...the void.

I've heard many myths about this compound, which I've had extensive experience with, and researched on my own quite a bit; for one, not everyone who does it "freaks out" and rips out someone elses heart, thinking they're the devil; some just sit quitely in a seemingly catatonic state (and actually enjoy it); I did. Like most other substances, it affects people differently.

Also, there is no formaldehyde (embalming fluid, which is actually formalin, a 34-37% formaldehyde in methanol soln.) in PCP; formalin deactivates proteins, thus rendering life processes null.

I have to give credit to mad_chemist. He's the one who got me interested in this drug and what dose to start off at. It put all those myths I've heard to rest. What a pleasant, but yet intense, drug. Mind freezing....

K'dOUTinAZ said:
Mind freezing....

thanks, and that's a good description ("mind freezing")...in fact, when PCP is administered to a stroke victim immediately after a stroke, a lot of potential brain damage is avoided, as the hyperexitatory effects of glutamate are blocked. PCP is a very potent NMDA/glutamate antagonist, and binds strongly to sigma ligands (you already know that), making DXM seem tame in comparison.

yeah, PCP and K are a couple of my all-time fav compounds; I love loungin' in a black-hole.. it's strangely comforting.

Mad Chemist...

Actually, in thinking of something to compare it to the description "like inhaling a half ounce of weed in one puff" seems to descibe it to a tee. Unless of course you imbibe too much, but that is another story...Of course chemist is correct about formaldehyde...that would probably be the most common "urban ledgend" about the substance.