• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

what's pcp like?

I doubt he tripped for days on one dose of pcp, no matter the dosage..

Church said:
First of all, synapse, simmer down. I don't think anyone was attacking you or flaming you.... personally, I just wanted a source. I clicked your link and all it brought me to was erowid's page of PCP links. It seems you should have been a little more specific, rather than saying "I got the information from erowid, this page." On the same page that you posted as your source, there is a link to the DEA's website. So that page isn't a very good source...

Church

The link to the DEA site on Erowid is listed as a "Prohibition Site." Don't be dissin' erowid, that site is great.

sn0wburt0n said:
my friend used pcp once. i think his weed was laced with the shit, but he i heard he did wayyy more than ur supposed to. so the kid was fuckin trippin out for a few days. telling everyone he owned all these businesses and that he had millions and millions of dollars... the funny thing is he actually believed that this was tru and that he was so rich... until his sister said "hey , give me 100 dollars..." then he knew that he realized he wasn't a millionaire hahaha

I always wonder why people lie like this. Are they attention-seeking?

sn0wburt0n said:
my friend used pcp once. i think his weed was laced with the shit, but he i heard he did wayyy more than ur supposed to. so the kid was fuckin trippin out for a few days.

Even if your friend used a really large dose of Phencyclidine (30mg+) there would be no way in hell that he would be tripping for 3 days. Shit, the initial high only goes for like six hours and the after effects usually settle down after 24 hours. The guy must have been exaggerating or either you heard this from some third party. I dunno...but 72 hoyrs...

In any case, if anybody was interested in how PCP got the slang term "Sherm", the original brand name of Phencyclidine was Sernyl, when pronounced, sounds like "sherm". I was just thinking about it so I decided to look around the internet and found my hypothesis to be correct. Horray :\

~Dr. Sleepy

K'dOUTinAZ said:
Even if your friend used a really large dose of Phencyclidine (30mg+) there would be no way in hell that he would be tripping for 3 days.

my sister has dosed pcp and had a trip lasting around the same amount of time. not quite sure why that is... but i wouldnt completely regard it as an illegitimate experience.

All I know is that if ya'll cant find it come down to Houston. That's all I ever hear about round this way.

Nemisis...

Kdou is right. Noone would feel any amount of PCP for an entire day let alone 3 days.

Never even seen it in these parts, although a one time usage definitely interests me. Seems pretty crazy, although I think I'd take some K first, didn't really get shit the only time I had the tiniest of bumps, before I knew IM was the best method, poop.

what forms are PCP usually seen in? i've only seen it as cigarettes dipped in liquid and on herb/tea leaves.... but i remember hearing about pressies having PCP in them a couple years ago...

Forms of PCP...

Back in the 60s when it first gained currency as a street drug it was often pressed up [poorly] as pills. From the early 70s to early 80s the most popular form was as a white crystalline powder [often sold as "THC," shortened to "T"]. From the early 80s to early 90s it was mostly on inert vegetable matter [oregano, tea, or more often mint]. From the early 90s until now liquid has become more popular. The dipping cigarette thing really took off in the late 80s.

I think the big problem with PCP is that its misinformation is self-propagating and on fertile ground. Let me explain..

PCP is not exactly the most common drug nowadays. Most people have never seen it or known anyone who has taken it. Therefore all the info availabe to them is that given out by misinforming government media, or people who tried it and freaked out because they weren't expecting what they got (dissociatives tend to do that...).

And then WHEN people get access to it, all they "know" is that it is some kind of really fucked up high and stay away, thus limiting the ability for PCP to expand (network-wise). And so on. Those who use it are isolated and those who don't, enforce this isolation due to misinformation.

Another self-defeating problem with PCP is that it is rather a hassle to synthesize and since there is very little demand for it, most cooks would go for Meth or Ecstasy for money rather than PCP.

For me, PCP is like a drug holy-grail. I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to find it. Apparetly Angel Dust was very common here (university town in Sowthwestern Ontario) in the 80s, and I know a uy whose mom loved PCP back then. But today? a lot of people have no idea what PCP is!

lorenzo_benzo said:
^ now that i think about it, i think i'll stick to k, violence is not what i need or a criminal record. I hate dilusions and paranoia, i thought the effect was more lsd like. At least with k, you won't be able to harm anyone cause your ass will be on the floor... I can get anything, well mostly anything i want, but pcp is not one of them, and now i realise why.

Like the 98% pure coke? There is no PCP in Australia as far as I am aware, and if it is, it's in very small quantities and not very available.

Btw it's probably not the wisest thing to say that you can get pretty much anything, that's just a dick sizing comment.

i really wanna try smoking a dippy... heard it's wonderful in combination with LSD

Jamshyd...

It is actually rather simple to synthesize. There are 5 schemes the easiest is nicknamed the "Bucket Method."

As far as being the holy grail, it is still easily found in large American cities. There is a spot 4 blocks from here. It has been easy to find since the early 80s. Hop on a Greyhound.

I knew this guy who took PCP and he thought that there was a snake wrapped around his arm and he took a large knife and ended up chopping his arm because he was hallucinating that a snake was atttached to his arm.

Hes walking with one arm know.

Where did you hear about that one ka3ajm? I'm sure it never happened. Chopped off his arm....LOL Did you hear it from your friend who heard it from his brother who heard it from his girlfriend who knew the best friend of the guy who chopped off his arm?

:\ 8)