• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

what will happen if i pee dirty for my insurance company to stay on suboxone

• Thread starter wrkngtwrdanewlife
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wrkngtwrdanewlife

Ok so I have been on suboxone for close to a year now and I Havent touched any pills or street drugs other than weed. I use to be badly addicted to Percocet and vicodine and even tramadol and once or twice I used heroin but that was only because I couldn't get any pills I was not ever addicted to heroin. Pills was my main problem I had a lot of days of withdrawl not by choice and they were the worst days of my life. I have been so scared of going thru withdrawl for years now. But not=w that I am clean of all opiates I feel so much better about myself, but now I have to get off the weed and then later down the road off the suboxone and be 100% clean. But that's down the road. Anyways I just wanted to tell you alittle about my history I was on the pills for a good 6 years so yes I am so happy to be done with them! So back to my question..... So its not my doctor who wants to test me it is my insurance and it seems to me that they want me to get cut off to save them money I am insured thru the state I have three kids that I love and adore and would give my life for and they deserve a clean mommy. I am a great mother and I am taking the steps towards a full recovery. But anyhow although I am 100% clean off the pills the weed is ging to be a hard one to kick. I only smoke one maybe two bowls of weed at night after my kids have gone to bed, It relaxes me after a stress filled day. I like to just chill on the couch smoke a bowl eat some munchies and catch up on my shows that's my thing its how I unwind from the day. Its mommy time and I look forward to it because other then those couple hours I get late at night the entire day is children time and husband time and take care of the house the pets the yard everything and everybody else time. So yes its going to be hard for me to get off the weed. I know I can do it and I am going to do it no matter what because I believe in myself and I know I can overcome the addiction. But the big problem is that I am going in for a drug test ordered by my insurance company which is caresource incase you were womdering or have been thru this. so I take my suboxone as prescribed I take two a day both at once in the morning so I am pretty positive my levels for the suboxone will be perfect, but my vig worry is that I know there will be marijuana in my system so the big question is will they cut me off of my suboxone because I have weed in my system, there will be nothing else just weed and my suboxone of course. My doctor has a small office and he works for himself he also does weight management but its not my doc that I am worried about he isn't even who is giving me this drug test its my insurance place and we all know that they don't like to pay for skripts unless absolutely necessary so I am very worrie dthat they will stop covering my suboxone if I pee dirty for weed so does anyone have some advice about this has anyone else gone thru this and can give me an answer on if they will actually do that to me after I have come this far and really have made a difference in my life?? I am so worried please someone help! if I get cut off I do not want the temptation of going back to pills I believe that I wont do it because I have my three beautiful children to be a good roll model for they are growing up and will notice things like that now. But not all people have children and reasons not to go back and if they just cut people off like that then they are ruining lives. They must give some kind of warning or something wouldn't you think? please I need truthful answers so please all I ask is that you know what your talking about and don't give me an answer that you think I want to hear I just want the truth good or bad please!!!

wow I'm quite surprised to hear you were administered Suboxone for that habit in the first place. I know insured people who have been turned away by clinics because their heroin habit was too small. for example I'm a 1-2 'bag' a day heroin user. the WDs i experience are very mild. Nothing Id truly need suboxone for. It was in fact recreational suboxone use is what lead me to heroin. Quitting suboxone was a son of a bitch and i jumped off at 1mg a day!! heroin is easy. I would never enter a clinic although id love a legal fix, its just that I dont want the big ass dose i know they'd make me eat!! that's if i wasnt simply turned away bc im only snorting a few bags a day. Anyway, i highly doubt marijuana usage is grounds for your insurance cutting you off. I really wouldnt be worried! my honest guess is they want to make sure youre actually taking the suboxone.

I have never heard of an instance in which someone was kicked off of their insurance for relapsing during medically monitored suboxone treatment. I feel like legally it would not be allowed. Mental health parity and addiction equity act applies to a large portion of insurance plans aside from Medicare.

Last edited:
No one here can really answer your question as even with all the data is the situation there's unlikely anyone here qualified to comment and even then no one knows if you'll have an angel or asshole makin be the judgements.

What are your state laws regarding cannabis?

maybe call the insurance company and ask them? as anonymously as possible of course.

no drug testing questions.
please consult the BLUA.
closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.