• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What was the NO. 1 single when you were born?!

i'm totally gonna steal this thread idea for EADD.

sue me. :p

=D

Can't remember the single. WHere do you check that?
Anyway, the first album (LP) I bought was Iron Maiden The Number of the Beast, I was seven years of age, hehehe, that was probably 1986... 21 years ago? Geez... I'm getting old :(

LittleSmoke, HERE is a link to the OP. But inadvertantly you have stumbled across a good thread Idea. (But surely its been done) :)

Congrats on the BLer status by the way. ;)

:D

The Australian one was: Joe Dolce Music Theatre - Shaddap You Face

The UK one was: St Winifred's School Choir - "There's No-one Quite Like Grandma" Awful song! :(

Thanks Klue,

Shit ! Don't have the courage to post it. The song is too awful. F#*# ! :X

Diana Ross and Lionel Richie "Endless Love", if I had of been born a month later it would have been that timeless classic, Physical by Olivia Newton John.. I'm cursing now :p

"I'll be Loving You" by New Kids on the Block.

Jeez those guys must be old now. A boy band with a bunch of 40 year olds seems kind of weird.

Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen

I love that song :D

Culture Club Do You Really Want to Hurt Me

I'm a little disappointed.

^ heheh

I got Joan Jett and the Blackhearts "I Love Rock 'n' Roll."

eh.

Last edited:
So we were born within 5 weeks of each other then. Its a decent song.

edited to add: So close to Tainted Love by Soft Cell!! I love that song.

dire straits - brothers in arms

got to be happy with that, grew up with the oldies playing all the dire' cd's

Laura Branigan - Gloria.

wtf? I don't know the song and it spent 7 weeks at no. 1... this calls for some research..

edit: oh wait! It's from flashdance! awesome.

A few birthdays ago my Mum bought me as an extra little present one of those CDs you get from newsagents which have the top 20 or so tracks of your birth year on it. She fucked up and got me one for '81 instead of '82 (thanks Mum). But it was pretty cool anyways because it had Ghost Town by The Specials on it, one of the coolest songs ever (excellent haunting vibe). If you don't believe me check it out (and it needs volume):

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=U4BCR3dGyBY&feature=related

'82 probably sucked anyways...

Oh and this just makes me really realise that I'm 26 now. Fuck, I liked being 25...

Last edited:
Dexy's Midnight Runners-"Come On Eileen" - 1983

I was born the same month that a band named after a crappy drug had the #1 single. hooray:p

My plan to steal all your identities is coming together... narrows it down a bit :D

Nah, I just wanted to wish you all happy birthday individually =D