Votes: 3 12.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
They chopped the shit out of the interviews so it made it look like legitimate scientists were agreeing with them. That's misquoting.

lostpunk5545 said:
They chopped the shit out of the interviews so it made it look like legitimate scientists were agreeing with them. That's misquoting.

thats just a part of the stardard editing proces dude and everyone does it.
how else are you supposed to present an arguement? (even if it is an eneffective one).

while im not totally behind this movie i am abit surprised by all the haters on here preaching their faith in cold hard science.

Scientists used to believe the world was flat and that the sun orbited around the earth.8)
i believe that concept that the world is round was was out of their "Paradigm'....

I'm amazed at the hatred felt for this film... don't get me wrong, it's not on my top 10 or anything, but it wasn't really that bad. Funnily enough, from my own minor research into quantum physics (good old wiki) I found myself making many of the same conclusions presented in the film. Up until the plastic faced women started making her stupid one line closing statements (I think the best was when she said something like "god is all powerful" and had this look of awe... damn that was funny)

But what was funniest was how no one seems to have been able to pull apart their arguments... it's pretty easy. By their own definitions, they are too ingrained in their current evolution to be able to grasp such concepts that they preach.

I enjoyed the kid on the basketball court... he was fun, and the heroin was pretty cool too. I think the only place this movie really falls short is in it's attempts to explain the ramifications of their observations. Too many times someone would look down the camera with this half crazed glint in their eye and make a claim irrelevant to their current topic, which would then continue onto the whole religious bullshit they were pushing.

As far as the Washington DC study goes... *sigh*... you people should really look more into the 40+ other studies briefly mentioned (well, only referenced as '48 studies' or something)... I remember one such study of two fertillization clinics in Mexico where one group was prayed for, the other not. Result = 50% succesful fertillazation to 25%. There are others but meh...

Actually, no I think the funniest part of this movie was the part where I read all these responses... fuck some of you people are close minded. Even the fkn Bible can teach you shit, just like this movie. Don't walk out! I'm not saying believe what other people tell you (which you obviously do anyway seeing as pretty much all of you AREN'T scientists)... I'm saying there's a lot to be gained from listening, regardless of the level of intelligence your subject has.

All in all, this movie is one that will allow the masses to gain a minor understanding of quantum physics, which is a good thing. The other good thing that this movie can teach us (and to a degree I think tries to), is that you should take nothing as absolute, and always question how you experience things, based upon your own biased perspective. fuck, it made you all think about how you experienced this movie (even if some of you were to retarded to experience the entire thing). Unfortunately this second lesson obviously won't be picked up by everyone.

great post knight!!!

though, i think instead of referring people to this movie when other possibly universes are brought up, can we all agree they should see the elegant universe instead?

and, no, not just cause i have the hots for brian greene :D

knight_marshall said:
All in all, this movie is one that will allow the masses to gain a minor understanding of quantum physics, which is a good thing. The other good thing that this movie can teach us (and to a degree I think tries to), is that you should take nothing as absolute, and always question how you experience things, based upon your own biased perspective. fuck, it made you all think about how you experienced this movie (even if some of you were to retarded to experience the entire thing). Unfortunately this second lesson obviously won't be picked up by everyone.

really.
any movie brought to the masses that makes people think, and not just for the two hours in the theater, i believe is a wonderful and ambitious undertaking that way too many people, film companies, producers, directors, and so on shy away from these days.

I just tried watching it again last night, sober, and I have to admit it wasn't as captivating as it was while I was tripping... but it was still good! I just sat there smoking my pipe and daydreaming about what it would be like to achieve the full power of Intent.

^ i don't think it's unduly popular but it's certainly, i would argue, overexposed.

there's no real way to gauge a movie's average popularity (whatever that means) but rottentomatoes normally does a pretty good job of quantifying the zeitgeist. it rates 34% (from the critics) there. i would say that a distinctly below average response.

is there a more populist publication that entertainment weekly? ew's owen gleiberman said: "i kept wanting to change channels, so repetitive and stupefying is all the pseudo-mystical psycho-banality."

:)

alasdair

^ there was, but it's gone now.

i watched about 75 % of this last night before the disk crapped out. i think i got the bulk of the message by then, anyway.

first, i was very high and i think this greatly enhanced my enjoyment of the movie and my reception of some of the content. i was quite taken with it for about the first hour - i think they did a realy good job of translating quantum physics into a description for the layman and also what it means at the (sub)atomic level and how that relates to how we choose to live our lives. i also liked the format they chose - the fictionalsied stuff with marlee matlin (she's cute :) ) intercut with talking heads.

it started to derail a little around th etime they introduced the hidden messages in water and i found some of the claims to be less based on scientific theory and more on new age conjecture.

whatever, it was thought provoking and that's alwaysa big plus in any movie. if there was a poll, i'd give it 3 out of 5. you just gotta choose to make it happen :)

alasdair

Last edited:
film: What the BLEEP do we know ?

rate this movie

alasdair

no, the thread was still there
i was scared for a moment since the last thread had a good five pages of yelling and stating of both sides

so merged

edit** but it seems that the polling has been eraed in the merge.... so people vote again or we wll figure out how to find the last poll

Oh and Knight, isn't it a little harsh to call people retarded because they don't like a documentary enough to bother sitting through the whole thing? I watched it from beginning to end and looking back, I consider doing so a waste of time. There are far more deserving doco's to watch than this one IMO.

only as harsh as it is for them to stop watching it half way... i mean, i could listen to their entire point of view... but instead i acknoledge that they might not return the favour and just give in. when i say retarded, it stems from my childhood, and other childish insults like 'gay', 'fatcunt' and 'genious'.

^i like that post more than i liked this movie, and i didn't mind the movie.

Some of the shit is just too far out, and i got a feel that this movie was made specially for the ignorant public. Changing water with emotions?

They brought up some interesting science but it was too philisophical, far out and unscientific; trying to come off like science.

I bet most people with a college education in sciences (like me ;)) will be dissapointed and agree with me.