Votes: 3 12.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
I thought this movie was going to be good.

According to this movies theory, it should have been good.

Instead it sucked.

What a paradox.

I rented this movie tonight and I must say that I am deeply disappointed. In a nutshell, this film 'somewhat' cleverly attempts to juxtapose a very cultish brand of philosophy/pseudo-religion with the legitimate and truly amazing mysteries of quantum mechanics in the hopes that the viewer will form a mental association between the two that does not in fact, actually exist.

I do not mean this to sound condescending in the least, but I do feel sorry for those without a solid background in the sciences who watch this film and take it with anything less than a grain of salt, or are seduced into believing the rediculous Ramtha concepts and rantings simply because truly mind boggling science is intentionally discussed in the same breath. I too, would be pissed if I were one of the legitimate scientists interviewed for this film not knowing that my coments would be taken out of context and blatantly manipulated to bolster the credibility of the film maker's personal beliefs.

New age mindwashing has been candy coated with a very, very thin layer of incredibly sexy science - nothing more. If you were truly moved by the actual science that was addressed in this film I suggest you do some more reading: Start with Stephen W. Hawking's "The Theory of Everything" and do some web searches on the double slit electron experiment. I know Wikipedia has a nice bit on the work that has been done on the "observation effect" on the particle/wave manifestations of electron streams. As I remember some of the discussion section is actually written by Prof. Shahriar Afshar himself.

finally downloaded it

just watched half of it
and i won't be watching the rest

as others have said here, it's pseudo-science flashing out the magic words "quantum mechanics" to make the credulous believe theories that are far from verified and examples that are plain lies

the initiative of a documentary on quantum mechanics and consciousness is very positive, but this one stinks of wishful thinking and disinformation

New Age Garbage...

I live in a very liberal town that flipped their shit when this came out, they wen't totally gaga for this trash...

I know that some of the scientists involved were furious about being misquoted and edited in order to make statements that they would never support.

here is a quote from a salon article:

David Albert, a professor at the Columbia University physics department, has accused the filmmakers of warping his ideas to fit a spiritual agenda. "I don't think it's quite right to say I was 'tricked' into appearing," he said in a statement reposted by a critic on "What the Bleep's" Internet forum, "but it is certainly the case that I was edited in such a way as to completely suppress my actual views about the matters the movie discusses. I am, indeed, profoundly unsympathetic to attempts at linking quantum mechanics with consciousness. Moreover, I explained all that, at great length, on camera, to the producers of the film ... Had I known that I would have been so radically misrepresented in the movie, I would certainly not have agreed to be filmed."

This move was DIRECTLY supported by the Ramtha cult.

The Dr. Emoto water crystals segment is a hoax. His articles were never peer reviewed and are totally nonsensical from any perspective other then artistic.

The story of the Native Americans not seeing the initial ships is beyond moronic...

Their usage of quantum mechanics to support free will to the nth degree is silly bullshit as well.. They know jack about quantum mechanics except for the tiny parts which SEEM to support their system of understanding the universe.

They turn the wonders of positive thinking into some sort of magical bullshit involving water molecules and quantum mechanics...

As they say, "Lets not be so open minded our brains fall out".

Psychedelic Gleam said:
New Age Garbage...

The Dr. Emoto water crystals segment is a hoax. His articles were never peer reviewed and are totally nonsensical from any perspective other then artistic.

that's one thing that is being looked at and more researched now. he has continued and recreated his ice crystals over and over now using music, written forms of words, and spoken words, it is becoming a big thing in communities of yoga/complementary medicine and therapy practicers/so on world

wanderlust said:
that's one thing that is being looked at and more researched now. he has continued and recreated his ice crystals over and over now using music, written forms of words, and spoken words, it is becoming a big thing in communities of yoga/complementary medicine and therapy practicers/so on world

Its total bullshit though... no serious scientist would believe this. AND multiple groups offer cash rewards $1,000,000 from one group for ANY proof of the paranormal, which this would definately fall under, but since this is such a scam its worth Emoto more money to pretend its real then try and prove it to real scientists.

He uses no control groups, and only shows ONE water chrystal per each "message" to the water.

He claims that heavy metal music made water chrystals ugly, as if water has musical preferences.

He spoke at my school and claimed the tsunami was caused by dragon spirits and showed us pictures of these dragons, then proceeded to sell us ridiculously overpriced bottles of "magic" water. He went on to talk to us about a bunch of other nonsensical far fetched garbage too...

Oh and he isn't even a real Dr. he got it from some holistic healing school, which doesn't make you a "doctor" or "scientist" that is qualified to study this.

The only people who buy into this are new agers and the gullible, because frankly its art not science.

You can freeze water and pick out the pretty or ugly ones ones and attribute it to the beautiful or ugly things you said to it.

Yes I see it all over my New Agey town. In the chrystal shows they have Dr. Emoto books, in the herb shops they have his books, and in the health food store. But, the fact of the matter is, like intelligent design its bullshit faith disguised as science.

They used to call it positive thinking. Hey Ill say happy things, be happy, don't be too vulgar, listen to unstressful music, and then my life will be easier/less stressful and thus I will be healthier. It has nothing to do with magic water and positive thoughts acting on the crystals and everything to do with the power of the human mind and the workings of the human body (which is miraculous enough without going to this bizarre water crystal garbage).

Look at this and tell me if its anything but a scam:

http://hado.net/products.html

60 dollar bottles of water my ass!

and listen to this silly description

"A geometrically perfect water with the "Message" your body is waiting to receive.￾@Dr. Emoto's Indigo Water contains eight ounces of highly charged hexagonally structured concentrate . By mixing one ounce of concentrate with one gallon of distilled water, you are creating eight gallons of structured water from this 8 ounce Indigo water. This is about a one month supply of structured water."

Please, first they convince us we need bottled water now we need "geometrically perfect water" with a "message" in it. And phrases like "highly charged hexagonally structured concentrate" thrown in just to make people think its fancy.

I don't hate on all things that fall under "new age" or "holistic healing".

I meditate, do yoga, am a vegan, and stick to organic foods. I even have a few crystals by my bed. But as they say, "We must never be so open minded our brains fall out."

Here is an excerpt from another site: (http://www.aquatechnology.net/emoto.html)

SUMMARY

So...where does this leave us?

Emoto is not a scientist...he openly admits that. He knows so little about the mechanics of the science that he had to farm out the testing to a young technician who apparently couldn't "...get it right" for months at a time.

He has never subjected his testing protocols or results to independent, third party evaluation and review so that it can be considered validated science.

The only published journal where he has submitted his work considered his paper a "photographic essay". Essay?

He seems to make it up as he goes along...conjecturing that all of earth's water comes from outer space; that a group of oriental priests, standing at the edge of a highly contaminated lake, can remove all of these contaminants by repetitive chanting. It gets even more unbelievable as one moves through the chapters of each of his books.

He admits on his website that the results he has obtained may well come from the spirit world(much like water dowsers openly acknowledge "assistance" from such paranormal sources).

He claims that writing happy or damning words on the side of a jar containing water can change the physical format of the molecules.

He readily admits that there is no guarantee that successive tests of the same water sample will yield results similar to the original test...this is similar to "selective sampling", something that goes on in virtually every science lab where the analyst looks for a result that validates his assumptions or pre-conceived test results. We also see this "sampling" process regularly being applied to skew public polls.

Is this science or simply crass data manipulation?

And this list could go on for some time.

Emoto belongs with the New Age crowd; he belongs precisely where his books are selling like mad; talking about crop circles, UFO's, out of body experiences, witchcraft practices and such.

Emoto's work is not science, and it does not in any way deserve a stature which would intimate that it is science.

AN EXPERIMENT

If Emoto's process works, the following experiment should validate the process. Take a magnifying glass and look at a snowflake or ice crystal which has formed on the outside of the window on a freezing day. The crystal is hexagonal in shape, beautiful to observe.

Now, take a magic marker and write the word "devil" or some other bad word on the inside of the window. Look again at the water crystal to see if it distorts into an obtuse and discolored array. Other crystals around the one you initially observed should also be distorted and discolored if Emoto's hypothesis is correct. Let us know what you find.

Oops...I forgot...Emoto says that this experiment will only work if the words are written in Japanese!

Oh and check this site out

http://www.its.caltech.edu/~atomic/snowcrystals/

and a quote from it

"Do I know Mr. Emoto does this? No, which is why I called it a guess. Mr. Emoto has never published his work in a reputable scientific forum, where it would be scrutinized. He only presents it in self-published books, where he is free to say whatever he wants. Basic physics says the work cannot be correct, and Mr. Emoto has not convinced the scientific community that his experiments have any merit whatsoever.

I know one thing for sure, however. If Mr. Emoto's work were correct, it would immediately be worthy of a Nobel Prize. (And I should point out that not only is a Nobel Prize a great honor, it includes a cash prize of several million dollars!) But the work is not correct, and to date it has not attracted even the slightest scientific attention. It's simply another example (there are so many out there!) of New-Age nonsense trying to disguise itself as science."

water crystals (also called snowflakes and ice crystals!) are often beautiful and sometimes ugly completely separate from "the vibes" you or your words are sending off.

Sorry to ramble so long but Emoto is trash, his followers are fanatical, and his scam disgusts me.

Last edited:
psychetool said:
^^^
You can't expect anyone to take that as a serious source for information... What the hell are we supposed to be 'thinking' about ?

It's on a joke site. Why would I expect anyone to take it seriously?

However the science behind it is factual and I find it fun to think about.

ive been to hado.net before now. and ive read a good bit about the experiments.
i ike them, i think positive energy has greater power than most people realize.
but i didn't state that it is all scientific fact and so on, just that it is been looked at more and more by emoto and others.

and no i would never buy his water, but really all you have to do (he suggests) to make his water is leave water with written intentions still for 24 hours, pour some, smack the bottom of the glass a few times to get things moving and then drink it.

I thought this movie was great only because it teaches you that thoughts are very powerful, and the way alot of people think inside the box is harmful to the advancement of civilization. The promoting of a cult i have never noticed even after seeing the movie a few times before even reading about it on the web. I do believe somewhat in the water part only because it says we can shape ourselves with our thoughts, of course its not an immediate process, and looking at my chest to make it bigger wont make my chest any bigger or stronger, i'll have to lift weights for that, but the theory to me is sound. Think positive about anything you're about to take on and you can be successful. I enjoyed the movie, i just bought the extended versions mainly for the interviews with the professors, i thought some of them were very credible and they had alot to say but i felt they were cut short by the film.

totally agree bud!

i think this movie actually discredited the concepts they were trying to promote.:\

I found the acting terribly b-grade and off putting, the concepts were too lightly brush over and loosly connected and some of the experts looks abit unstable to say the least.

having said that i am very interested in the concepts they were discussing and am hoping to see this reworked and dilvered in a more logical and authoritve way. maybe if it was done by the BBC or something.

although if this movie opens peoples minds to some new ideas then thats gotta be a good thing.

Last edited:
I didn't mind it and I'm handing a very generous rating because it makes a pleasant change from most of crap I've seen of late. I'm choosing to watch this movie only once, because I know that if I do so again that I will find too much to pick about it. Unlike most films I've have recently seen at least this one I am coming out thinking about what I have seen, but agreed much of that was because it wasn't the most coherent peice of work.

i, too, agree that the way the movie was presented made you less apt to believe in what was being said

really, swirling numbers and cheesy effects do not drive home the point like a nice solid theories explained well and pointedly

i think there was a reason for the cheesy effects though, they wanted to simplify what they were saying, this reminds me of something they might show in school if religion werent such a touchy subject in most places. really though when you think about it, the cheesy acting and effects are there for a reason, i dont think they are trying to dumb it down so much as just get their point across, after all there is alot to think about with this movie

^
14.gif
^

i agree with this, i watched more segments of it last night and i must say they really do use alot of visual effects that just end up deterring my thought patterns instead of helping me understand the concepts, but i can also understand that some people might have a harder time understanding. I think this is why they sell the new version called "Down the rabbit hole" that has just the straight interviews without all the malarke they put in. I defenitely understand the unedited interviews better than the actual movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I know is, I just saw it for the first time yesterday while on acid, and I thought it was brilliant, even with all the silly special fx. I will definitely seek out the newer version that realm mentioned above.

I don't know if it was just because I was tripping or not, but some of those scientists looked like they were 'blowing up' while they were explaining some of the quantum theory... like they were tripping on their understanding of quantum physics, and how everything is all One.

Brilliant!

Maybe they could consider interviewing some actual scientists next time as well (or at least not misquote them).