• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin What size needle/syringe should you use for Heroin IV injection?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
Should i just get insulin needles? 30g size with a half inch long needle, that holds 1cc? Or is there a better kind?

Insulin needles are actually made for subcutenateous injections, a "proper" IV needle is anywhere from 25 to 28 gauge and between 1/2" and 1 1/2" long.

Sekio is definitely right, but I find any shorter is easy to slip out and any longer and I have to look snake it in my vein or leave half out. My veins pop, but those with deep veins would likely need longer.

Insulin needles are actually made for subcutenateous injections, a "proper" IV needle is anywhere from 25 to 28 gauge and between 1/2" and 1 1/2" long.

Yes, but conditions for injection drug users are rarely optimal. It's correct that a standard insulin syringe is the most commonly used rig and can be picked up at most pharmacies for ~4.00 American for a pack of ten. Depending on the state of your veins, you can get what are called "Long Tips" and "Short Tips". This is in reference to the length of the needle, not the gauge. If your veins are super prominent, you might prefer a short tip. If you are, say, overweight, you will probably go with a long tip, as you will need the extra length to actually access a vein.

If insulin syringes are available to you, yes, these are going to be the rigs that you will use for most of your career as an injection drug user. Welcome to the club!

Thanks for all the replies! Appreciate it! Guess ill be picking up some insulin needles :)

i like 31 gauge too, the smaller and thinner the better. leaves less of a mark if you IV a lot. A bit bigger gauge like 28 is actually easier to hit with if you have a good vien