• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc What should i strain my kava with?

Joey24x18

Bluelighter
I have a pound of what's supposed to be very strong kava kava root. I bought it for going through phenibut withdrawal, but never used it Lol

Well I'm 9 days off phenibut and I want to use this kava root to try and catch a buzz tonight. My only problem? I don't have a strainer bag. Any house hold items I can use instead? I'm thinking coffee filters will be too weak and rip easily. I'm contemplating asking my mother for panty hose but I'd really like to avoid that conversation xD

Thoughts?

A (clean) sock?

See Im contemplating that, or maybe a piece of a t shirt. My main concern is chemicals in the fabric leeching off into my brew. I would think a 100% cotton shirt would work. But I'm sure they bleach that shit so idk.

a clean white tee shirt or sock should be just fine. ive used coloured tees for poppy tea but, depending on how new they are, the colours sometimes leech.

I'm going with a clean nylon panty hose. I'mma probably double layer it.

Wish me luck. Lol

My kava guy sold along with kava' a material I think called cheese cloth.....it was like a non-streching panty-hose like material. You made me want to try kava tonight.

I cut the bottom off a plastic cup & wrap a nylon over it. You can pre-filter with a wire strainer to get the bulk of the fibres out first.