Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

What movies affected you so much that you can't bear to watch them again

^^^ roald dahl: the greatest children's author of all time, also author of charlie and the chocolate factory, james and the giant peach, the bfg, the twits and so on and so on :)

i love that film. when he gets turned into a mouse...brilliant.

Requiem & Kids...the end of Kids just makes me sick :(

In the same sort of vein I want to see Hotel Rwanda, but I know it's going to be one I'll probably only see once.

Roger & Me- Not because I was so digusted GM's uber-coperate greed but becasue of the scene where that woman killed/skinned that poor bunny. :(

Hotel Rwanda

I have never been more torn up by a movie, it chewed up my heart and spat it out on the floor. Probably the saddest and most terrifying movie I will ever see, and the fact that it is based on a true story makes it so much harder to bear.

The rehab scene in Ray was pretty hard to watch the first time around, and I don't really want to see it again anytime soon. :\

talk about 'cringe in disgust'

Legend of the Chupacabra

me and my bf rented this not knowing anything about it, we are just horror lovers...we didn't even get halfway through this movie, it's THAT AWFUL. The acting is terrible, the story is stupid, everything about it is just dumb aaagh! I remember it so much because i mean, we actually PAID to rent this flick and while watching it we both agreed to turn it the fuck off. And return it right away. it just blows that bad.

on the other hand i guess it's kinda funny that way lol.

And on Requiem...yeah i like the way it was done, but also it's just like ::sigh:: big surprise big whoop yawn.

We also own a copy of I Spit on Your Grave (i know someone mentioned earlier) I haven't seen it yet...just reading about it gives me the ickles <shudders> my bf says it's pretty hard to stomach and he hasn't even bothered to watch it in forever.

onetwothreefour said:
^^^ roald dahl: the greatest children's author of all time, also author of charlie and the chocolate factory, james and the giant peach, the bfg, the twits and so on and so on :)

i love that film. when he gets turned into a mouse...brilliant.

That's the one. Thanks ;)

It scared me when I was a child.

Million Dollar Baby, House of Sand and Fog, Dancer in the Dark...

deeply depressing movies. Shock value violence and gore doesn`t have such an impact on me, such as I Spit On Your Grave, Last House On The Left etc.

^a beast.

im up for watching anything that doesnt involve animals dieing.

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE is fuckin AWESOME!!!! Yeah it might be really cruel in the beginning, but those fuckers get what's coming to them.

Requiem: was very disturbing, made me glad I've never done heroin.

Indecent Proposal: Just cause I love Woody to death and to see his hot sweet Demi leave him for that prick Robert Redford made me very upset. Fuckin rich scumbags. Go buy someone else's wife, not Woodys!!!!

The Green Mile: Makes me re-realize how mean racism can be.

Faces of Death: I don't I need to explain on this one...

I tend to avoid movies tahat are extremely fucked up, ie. Irreversible. It's not something I want in my head.

Having said that, I am a sucker for a really sad, tragic movie. House Of Sand And Fog was one of these. Great movie, but I was a whimpering wreck by the end. :(

Atarnishedheart said:
The Cook, The Thief, his Wife & her Lover.

the last scene is one of the most disturbing things i have seen on film. Apart from the fact it is generally and obnoxious movie all the way through and is just, well, out there as far as a script goes.

Kudos to Dame Judy Dench though, she looked hawt all the way through.

I think you mean Helen Mirren. Not everyone is a fan of Greenaway. I personally like his movies, but they are definitely out there.

My choice is Twentynine Palms. It didn't say anything, and it totally brutalizes the viewer.

Requiem For A Dream. great movie and although i've been wanting to watch it again i haven't as of yet. i just keep thinking about that guy's arm and him sticking the needle into the infected wo... :|

another movie that effected me quite a lot that i actually didn't expect to, at least to that degree was Adrian Lyne's version of Lolita. fantastic film but it would be really hard for me to see it again because of how sick it managed to make me feel by the end.

they're the first two that spring to mind.

i will echo the sentiment that dancer in the dark and requiem for a dream are nigh un-rewatchable.

Pure_XTC said:
Simon Birch- I don't think I've ever cried harder over a movie in my life. I loved the movie but I was traumatized over it :\

Was that the movie about that goofy little guy with problems?

onetwothreefour said:
i won't give it away, but it's really, horribly depressing.

It's easy to make a movie sad when you needlessly and irrationally victimize the protagonist for the full length of the film...;)

Saw did my head in yesterday.
Although, I was in a fairly fragile state of mind.
Was a good movie.

^^^^^ Really?!
The movie may be dark, violent and a little morbit.....but i think there are far more ghastly movies out there ie: se7en......that movie is far more fucked up and shows far less violence...