Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

What movies affected you so much that you can't bear to watch them again

I agree with all those who have posted about the death of "hooch", it upset me everytime when i was little....
Nobodys mentioned ONCE WERE WARRIORS.... it's a NZ movie, it's fairly well known here in AUS, i have seen it more than once i must admit, but it is very hard to watch in some certain scenes, namely the very real rape scene.....
Still an excellent movie.... and i can't help but cheer for "Jake the muss" when he fucks up the slimy uncle..

im gonna say dancer in the dark as well

i think just the angles it was shot from and the "crossing the line" theory that they didnt respect just made me cringe watching it. also horribly depressing.
good film tho.

I can't believe how many people mention Dancer In the Dark. That movies tragedy is equaled by, if not surpassed by, it's utter beauty. <3 Selma

It took me about 15 years to watch Jacob's Ladder a second time.

Razzie said:
The dildo scene... *shudders*

Hah, ASS 2 ASS!! That old man kills me every time.

But yeah, that would have been my first answer. Second, a movie that I haven't even worked up the nerve to watch once; Innocence: Ghost in the Shell. To be honest, it has been sitting unwatched on top of my TV for the past five months. Despite being animated, Ghost in the Shell is my favorite movie and I'm afriad that the sequel will somehow damage my opinion of the franchise. I'll cave in sooner or later.

Life Is beautiful, My Dog Skip, Passion Of The Christ, O, and others that I can't think of right now.

@grifty me and my friend always make fun of that guy and his voice when he sais ASS TO ASS!

anyway a movie that really touched my so much i couldnt see it again.. hm.. lee and harvey go to whitecastle. is that hte name?

lmao@my dog skip

i have to agree. animals dying in a movie upsets me more than anything else! I'm so lame :eek:

Gallipoli - It was just so frustrating. I wanted to smash, scream and claw when the movie ended.

Gremlins.

I'm almost positive now that if I watched it again, it would only make me laugh, but when I was very small, it would frighten me to tears everytime, and I like to leave a little mystery in my world.

The War Zone directed by Tim Roth. I actually walked out on this movie and have never seen the end. I am not one to walk out on movies normally.

I do not wish to see Irreversible again and wish I hadn't seen that worthless piece of shit the first time :X

I also avoid Requiem for a Dream even though it was a good movie.

These days I try to avoid any film that depicts sexual violence. I have not seen Boys Don't Cry for this reason.

Last edited:
Requiem and thirteen are the only two I can think of. Both were really good, but I don't think I could watch them again knowing how they made me feel the last time.

Requiem is definitely disturbing, but this gets less when watching multiple times.

A week ago, though, I watched 'das experiment' (based on the stanford prison experiment). It sickened me so much, I didn't wanna see it through to the end, but I kinda 'had to' see it. Never again, though.

Believe it or not, but any movie [or book] about WWII, Nazi's or Hitler will affect me in some way. I know this may sound weird, but it plays on my mind and gives me nightmares for weeks on end. I blame it on my year 9 English Text Study: "Elle - Coming of Age in the Houlocaust" for my fear of anything WWII or Nazi related.

The Witches.
It was a book by someone (I know his name but have no idea how to spell it, so I'm not even going to bother) and was made into a movie. I was petrified of it as a child, and still can't bear to watch it.
There are a few others, my brain just isn't functioning right now.