• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What kind of fuck shit is this?

Joey24x18

Bluelighter
So I've decided to try and get a job, even though I don't really need one. I make my income online but I have a lot of free time, so why not right? I also recently had dental work and got a 3 day prescription for oxy.

I had an interview with a local pest control company yesterday. Everything went well, I basically got the job if I could pass the drug test right after. I brought the prescription for the oxy, along with the antibiotics I was given too. Before taking the test, I showed them the bottle with my name on it and explained that I would fail for oxy and had just had dental work. I also had my dentist write me a note, since I figured they'd be drug testing me.

These fuckers just called me a couple hours ago telling me im not getting hired because I failed for oxy...

What in the fuck? Is this legal?

Of course it's legal but it's a mistake. Simply tell them about your prescription and you should get the job. If you need to show the script again. Simple as that man.

Of course it's legal but it's a mistake. Simply tell them about your prescription and you should get the job. If you need to show the script again. Simple as that man.

I showed them the script already. I tried to question them on the phone about it and they got rude and hung up on me. Honestly there's no way id work for these people at this point. I've just never heard of being denied a job over a legal prescription. Its not like It was even a long teem prescription.

Well, we can't have legal discussions here, that said your situation does seem odd. You're right, you probably don't want to work for these folks. Perhaps they used that as an excuse, when they had a different motive, i.e., some form of discrimination that is clearly ethically wrong. Other than that, I can't say anything about the law around this... I'm not an attorney, and I think that may be why legal discussions aren't allowed, though I understand you may be asking the question and not be seeking legal advise.

If so, I misunderstood your question as wanting a legal opinion. In that case, ignore my ramblings about legal discussing not allowed.

Fuck them, they lost a motivated applicant. Keep at it, being busy really is best for our mental health, physical too, in most cases. I'm not busy enough (anyone reading this board daily could verify that) and I'm looking to be busier b/c not having enough to do does tend to lead me to using substances. I'd be better off working full time.

Yeah I wouldn't actually try to sue them. It just sounds weird as fuck to me.

But yeah man I try to stay as busy as I can. I'm the same way. If I have too much free time I end up slipping and falling into bad situations Lol

He´s done that already. It seems they don´t want to risk. After all, the media talks too much about Oxys and the problems it generates.
I believe they got the message when he showed the doctors´ notice and already explained it in details.
Unfortunately, due to ignorance or out fear, they are allowed to refuse IMO.

Yeah I wouldn't actually try to sue them. It just sounds weird as fuck to me.

But yeah man I try to stay as busy as I can. I'm the same way. If I have too much free time I end up slipping and falling into bad situations Lol

I´m really sorry to hear that. Keep trying. I find it difficult to manage too much free time.

I know it's a little too late, but what I would have done is wait til' you feel better and are completely off the Oxy so you could've tested clean.
Oxy at the MOST would last in your system 3-5 days.
Because you said so yourself it isn't a long term RX anyways.

Just use this as a future reference.

Don't feel bad man, people get denied for jobs all the time, for all kinds of reasons. Even stupid reasons as why the pest control didn't hire you for testing for a drug you have a Rx for.