• Oxymorphone (opana)

Votes: 79 9.2%
  • Hydromorphone (dilaudid)

Votes: 68 7.9%
  • Morphine (kadian, avinza, mscontin)

Votes: 44 5.1%
  • Meperidine (demerol)

Votes: 10 1.2%
  • Oxycodone (percocet, roxicet, oxycontin)

Votes: 200 23.3%
  • Hydrocodone (vicodin, norco, lortab)

Votes: 56 6.5%
  • Codeine (tylenol 3)

Votes: 20 2.3%
  • Dihydrocodeine

Votes: 3 0.3%
  • Buprenorphine (suboxone, subutex)

Votes: 9 1.0%
  • Opium

Votes: 40 4.7%
  • Kratom

Votes: 18 2.1%
  • Propoxyphene (Darvon, darvocet)

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • Tramadol (ultram)

Votes: 22 2.6%
  • O-Desmethyltramadol

Votes: 7 0.8%
  • Other Not Listed - Post and I will make option for any forgotten ones

Votes: 13 1.5%

• Total voters
For me it has to be oxymorphone then oxycodone and luckily (and by the grace of God, there go I) I'm currently prescribed them. I have to admit I've never tried dilaudid or H before, so for the time being, that's it.

I can't believe Fentanyl is sitting at number 1.

I voted for heroin of course. But i don't see the results for it?

With no tolerance, a 2mg line of subutex has me in ducking heaven. Better than smack in my opinion and I love smack.
Also of note are dhc (my first love) and methadone and oral morphine (in the 100mg ER tabs chewed, the itchy, fluffy buzz lasts aaages!)

With no tolerance, a 2mg line of subutex has me in ducking heaven. Better than smack in my opinion and I love smack.
Also of note are dhc (my first love) and methadone and oral morphine (in the 100mg ER tabs chewed, the itchy, fluffy buzz lasts aaages!)
morphine for parentheral use is the true and real opiate, and this comes from a heavy oxy addict back in the day.

You can extract crystalline morphine in the kitchen out of these ER 💊 at least when they are European or the same manufacturing (200mg dark red, 60mg dark green, "MS ID" written on them - possibly exist different brandings, what is relevant is that they are capsules and contain little waxy balls of different sizes. They are pretty soft and can be crushed e.g. with a credit card).

They melt at below 100°C and the morphine is soluble in water, the wax isn't -> heat some water, add the content of some pills & wait for it to dissolve. Discard the oily layer swimming on top (or put in refrigerator/add cold water to solidify it first). Let the water evaporate slowly, either on low heat or at room temp. Just not too much heat or you'll pyrolyse the morphine. Voilà, crystals waiting for you to harvest them!

The result is pretty pure, does not contain talcum or other fillers and can be used as you like, snorted (works for me with certainly more than the 10% bioavailability Wikipedia states but mixing with chitosan might heavily increase potency), vaped (depending on your equipment, never tried but should be soluble in PG), plugged, sublingual (horrible taste), oral if you like and while I don't recommend that for HR reasons, I know from others it can be i.v.'d when carefully prepared.

What's the sublingual BA for M Btw? I think orally taking ER morphine but chewing first gives a nice mix of IR and ER, giving a good come up but long lasting high. Sure its BA isn't great but with even a fair tolerance 250mg oral M is very pleasant! (Unless you're at the point you're Iving 250mg)

30mg roxy is the best one, great high, you can function on it, as it gives you energy. But too bad, its so costly in my city. They go anywhere for $20 to $33 a pill

Tapentadol because it absolutely helps my pain and it’s got no recreational value in my eyes so I wouldn’t dream of using more than my daily prescription dosage. It’s also got no side effects I’ve found, I take an extended release and I have a quick release for breakthrough pain and it literally just takes the pain away.
Have been on tramadol before and experiencing the horrific side effects from it and then having to deal with the horrid withdrawal and it was pretty shit at pain relief. It just made me drowsy as fuck and maybe people sleep away pain but I have a child and I need to be functional. So I got off it as soon as I could.

I’m a chronic pain sufferer, I’m young and I will need opioids for the rest of my life. They are a medication I will never abuse because they will be something I will need badly in later years as my condition is degenerative.

I’m a chronic pain sufferer, I’m young and I will need opioids for the rest of my life. They are a medication I will never abuse because they will be something I will need badly in later years as my condition is degenerative.

@PrincessDiz Did you ever try NMDA antagonists? Specially when you're young and got to take the meds for life, anything which helps to limit tolerance development, withdrawal and increase efficacy might be worth a try :)

I like the acute effects of morphine, when taken without tolerance or increasing dose but don't like how it feels on the long term. Avoided them for long because I didn't want to mess with something that induces so heavy dependence and also as you say, an accident requiring pain killers can happen anywhere and anytime. Gave this up when I required something to cope with my emotions that docs could prescribe, they unfortunately can't Rx dissociatives. But with them it's the same, I just pray that I'll never require surgery involving ketamine anesthesia or I'm fucked (at least docs will notice that it doesn't shut me down, unlike pain which isn't visible from outside). There are other ways for anesthesia but they require intubation.

@PrincessDiz Did you ever try NMDA antagonists? Specially when you're young and got to take the meds for life, anything which helps to limit tolerance development, withdrawal and increase efficacy might be worth a try :)

I like the acute effects of morphine, when taken without tolerance or increasing dose but don't like how it feels on the long term.
You know I actually have been looking into that within the last few months. To be honest though, I’m really good with managing my tolerance. I take my own tolerance breaks without drs guidance and just move myself back to cocodamol for a few weeks which is codeine and paracetamol. It can be a bitch because I have more pain but it’s meant that I’m on a really low dose of tapentadol for my issues. People who have my condition and have the same dislocations as me are already on fentanyl lollies and I sure as shit don’t want to be getting to that stage for a long time yet.

People who have my condition and have the same dislocations as me are already on fentanyl lollies and I sure as shit don’t want to be getting to that stage for a long time yet.
If we assume that the pain killing features of opioids against mental and physical pain share the same mechanism (!= euphoria) and your origin of pain isn't something that increases steadily like a tumor then nmda antags might at least heavily extend that period of time. I know too little about the mechanisms of physical pain, but they seem to be able to prevent or even reverse pain memory so a combo with something anti-inflammatory sounds promising to me.

Nmda antags don't come without a price, I'm completely researching about their long term effects in regard to receptor upregulation but as the dosages required against pain are very low, way below what K addicts use for example, things don't look that bad. The most side effects will be initial, pain relief is instant but they can induce confusion, motor impairment etc. which fade away after some time.

Another thing you might already have read about is ultra low dose naltrexone, in the range of maybe 1mg. There are some good reports and publications about and it doesn't interfere with opioids like higher doses do.

If we assume that the pain killing features of opioids against mental and physical pain share the same mechanism (!= euphoria) and your origin of pain isn't something that increases steadily like a tumor then nmda antags might at least heavily extend that period of time. I know too little about the mechanisms of physical pain, but they seem to be able to prevent or even reverse pain memory so a combo with something anti-inflammatory sounds promising to me.

Nmda antags don't come without a price, I'm completely researching about their long term effects in regard to receptor upregulation but as the dosages required against pain are very low, way below what K addicts use for example, things don't look that bad. The most side effects will be initial, pain relief is instant but they can induce confusion, motor impairment etc. which fade away after some time.

Another thing you might already have read about is ultra low dose naltrexone, in the range of maybe 1mg. There are some good reports and publications about and it doesn't interfere with opioids like higher doses do.
I already commented on the LDN thread I think it’s definitely something I’m gonna mention to my dr.

Oral opium... poppy seed tea from good strong seeds. It's naturally time-released so it lasts 24+ hours, and keeps withdrawals at bay for another 24 hours. Plus very heavy, euphoric, just lovely. I like it the best of all the ones I've tried. I also really like buprenorphine a lot. Super functional and it lasts ages. Stimulating and motivating.

I've never IVd so that's a factor.

Well hmmm well... I always had trouble personally with fentanyl, thats what I found to have the best rush, be the most compulsive and destructive. and I have done every drug on that list. That being said when I was younger I had some magic experiences with tramadol and opium. For whatever reason ( tolerance most likely), those drugs don't do much for me anymore :(

When I'm not on fentanyl(which is 99% of the time) I'm on suboxone. Even though suboxone isn't really meant to get people high and even though I have a large tolerance and have been taking it for years... When mixed with some sunshine and a walk in nature, there are plenty of beautiful and euphoric suboxone enhanced sensations to be had. It settles down my legs when they are restless, it helps me get up and be productive when I am feeling lazy. If I had to pick one opioid to use everyday for the rest of my life based upon how it affects me NOW, suboxone no question.

I don't think I'm going to vote YET, its a hard question to answer because there are so many factors to take into consideration. Maybe I'll come back to this later and add more. Lots of other opioids to talk about.