• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending you a hug from the Midwest indigo :)

The process outlined above is ideal for getting nice crystals. It's also nearly impossible to mess up so long as you keep all washing/recrystallization solvents after use in case they still contain product. I'd willing to give it a go myself too on a small amount of product although I haven't had mdma in awhile I'd feel needed it. If you can't find one indigo or need help ever just PM me, I can help you with whatever questions you have.

Also I hate to be a stickler but technically the above isn't a dual solvent recrystallization, it's a solvent wash followed by a single solvent re-X. Still the most ideal way to do it though for most anyone looking to try. This is how most chemists clean their product after an A/B.

Scatterday so what exactly is the match heads purpose? As a boiling stone to reducing bumping? That part confused me.

-GC

This thread is super interesting to me. Following intently.

And yeah, I'm confused with the matched end too. Are you just talking about the wooden end the lightey end?

It prevents the liquid from superheating and acts as a boiling stone from memory.

Mdma can breakdown if the liquid is superheated so the matchstick prevents this.

Make sure the phosphorous isn't on the end though (just the wooden bit in the mixture.)

Use new matches too not old ones. That have been sitting around for years.

This is what I was told to do and it worked. My experience was nearly identical to the erowid report here.

Your mdma just needs a wash and recrysyalization.

You'll know if you've done it right because the crystals will be see through like glass or clear ice.

DISCLAIMER- Make sure all solvents have evaporated and been wiped clean prior to consumption.

Last edited:
Scatterday, I am intrigued by your proposition. However, I have 0 chemistry experience. I would have to find a more thorough step by step guide (ideally with pictures). What are the risks of attempting something like this and botching it?

Death, Permanent/Temporary organ damage or wasted/impure product.

Last edited:
Ah ok I see, thanks for clarifying..

How would someone die from botching the above procedure? I'm assuming you'd have to drink copious amounts of solvent for that to happen. Wasted product from carelessness seems more likely.

Also man I'm curious, did you get to compare the product before washing and re-X and after?

-GC

Last edited:
If you let the solvent evaporate I assume you would recover most of the lost product.

^^^Exactly. You'll recover ALL the product. So the chances of messing up so long as you don't throwaway any solvents is nil.

-GC

In reference to the the R62/S38 3,4-MDMA tartrate test on Friday, I am happy to report that everyone has recovered with only 8-12h of sleep and has gone to work on Monday without problems.
The duration of the effect was 6-7h with approximately 30min onset, without redosing.
The most experienced person, that has taken it before, reported feeling depressed on Sunday but not on Monday, but the other two virgin users reported being warm with a pleasant memories and afterglow on Saturday and Sunday.

Apparently, they were dancing all night on Friday and were suffering from calf-cramps from the overexertion, the next day. They also complained about sore jaws and eye-wiggles, while under the influence.

Psychologically they reported very loved up experiences, especially with interactions with other people at the party. One of the virgin users said "Oh my God, the people were so wonderful, I never realized they could be so wonderful before!".
Apparently the two virgin users were feeling so good being together on the back seat of the taxi, that they were procrastinating getting out of it until the driver got exasperated with them and started swearing.

There is much more that I could write, but I am generally an uptight person and words describing other people's feelings do not come easy to me.

Ah ok I see, thanks for clarifying..

How would someone die from botching the above procedure? I'm assuming you'd have to drink copious amounts of solvent for that to happen. Wasted product from carelessness seems more likely.

Also man I'm curious, did you get to compare the product before washing and re-X and after?

-GC

Yes I have compared both product prior and post solvent wash and they were 2 completely different experiences. Though I have a small amount of even better MDMA I'm willing to do a solvent wash on.

Pre washed product left me with brain zaps, Depression post 2 days of consumption which lasted upto a week, Anxiety on the comedown, Little to no nystagmus and bruxism.

Post washed product left me with an experience identical to the erowid report or identical to the MDMA we all know and cherish. I was left with a warm afterglow for days and it changed my perception on life towards others. I feel as though since experiencing the washed product I'm more of an empath and put a priority in looking after others before myself.

You could say it helped me connect with my former self in a way.

My anxiety disappeared post experience and it was extremely therapeutic. Sure my company could have been better. I noticed my eyesight was less blurry too (Something I experience strongly for most of the mdma highs/experiences I have.) and I was more clear headed.

Strong nystagmus throughout the night, Feelings of openness and communication towards others, feelings of sincere love and connection with others. Everything appeared to visually look more beautiful and music sounded fantastic.

Death or injury as a result of consuming the crystals which haven't had the solvents completely evaporate off them prior to ingestion. Or alternatively with a duel solvent wash there is the probability of contaminating your product even further if you don't know what you're doing.

I need to do some more testing in a few months with the better product I obtained because this MDMA unwashed was just as good as the washed stuff I previously had and I'm happy to wash this even better product I have and publish a comprehensive erowid roll report.

@Glubra- Hell ya man thank you!
I think the initial assessment that the R-isomer is to blame is false after this experiment.
...and I think, the jury is still out because the 12% enantiomer skew of this case is too small to be conclusive.

Way back I made quite argument for there being variation of MDA, and while the difference between the isomers of mdma is less than that of MDA, it's still noticeable enough to someone skilled in differentiating between minor molecular changes.
Detecting small enantiomer skews "in vivo" takes an experienced connoisseur. Unfortunately experience often comes with tolerance.

I believe both isomers are pleasurable just different. For instance right now I have two batches that I feel one is S heavy and one is R heavy. Completely theorized remember..
Since my machines cannot quantify subjective effects I can only quote Shulgin writing that 3,4-MDMA enantiomers are magical only in mutual synergy. I do not know if the best synergy occurs at the racemic 50/50, though.
Does anyone ?

The supposed S heavy batch is a bit more potent, with 80-100mg producing strong outwardly social effects and seemed highly desired by those that tried it. Only thing is it lasts max 3-4hrs, come up in 30min.
The supposed R heavy batch is less potent requiring 110-130mg dosage with a much longer overall comeup which started at 45min and doesn't seem to let up until hour and 30min in.
I remember Shulgin writing, that the S enantiomer is more potent (dosage wise) than the R enantiomer, too.

Yes I have compared both product prior and post solvent wash and they were 2 completely different experiences...
Pre washed product left me with brain zaps, Depression post 2 days of consumption which lasted upto a week, Anxiety on the comedown, Little to no nystagmus and bruxism.

Post washed product left me with an experience identical to the erowid report or identical to the MDMA we all know and cherish. I was left with a warm afterglow for days and it changed my perception on life towards others...
Strong nystagmus throughout the night, Feelings of openness and communication towards others, feelings of sincere love and connection with others. Everything appeared to visually look more beautiful and music sounded fantastic.
That suggests a strongly active contaminant was present.
I wish I could stick it in my spectrometer and determine exactly what it was.

Thanks so much for that update!! Sounds like they had a great time!

I'm not so sure on that Glubra, while we definitely could use more research on it I think it can be safely assumed that the R-isomer isn't what's causing the problem. It is the longer lasting of the two, for both MDA and MDMA.

The fact those guys had a 6-7hr roll with no redose likely confirms that R-isomer heavy product will lengthen the experience not shorten it like is claimed with lots of the crap Dutch mongy mdma. I had a feeling they would be rolling for awhile and I think we can all agree 6-7hrs is on the long end of duration for most (likely racemic) batches of MDMA.

With that said it could still be an isomer issue, but as I said before if it is, the likelier of the two would be the S-isomer. With its shorter duration, but I'm doubtful of that as well. The S-isomer is reported to produce mydriasis at dosages as low as 60mg.

In regards to the best isomer ratio. I feel I recall somewhere that a 70/30 S/R ratio was ideal but I can't remember where I read that so don't quote me on it. I personally think it all comes down to preference. I'll look around to see if I can find anything on that.

Also I should mention with my theory regarding MDA and varying isomers, that was based solely on experience reports from the early days compared to more recently, in combination with the info in PIHKAL. It seems in days back, MDA found resembled the R-isomer in effect and duration. (People claiming it can last 12+hrs.) Nowadays many batches only last 3-6hrs depending and less trippiness than reported before... (Which resembles the S isomer.) In fact PIHKAL even changed the duration they had listed (originally 8-12 down to 4-6), I feel this was done because so many people were trying the "new" MDA and not getting the same duration. Looking at these variances they match perfectly with the two isomers of MDA.

And to finish..

Your right that tolerance can come with experience but "can" is the main word here. Tolerance with MDMA comes from neurotoxicity, preventing this is fairly easy if the right precautions are taken. I myself have zero tolerance built to MDMA after 13yrs of use because I studied neurotoxicity extensively and know how to negate it. Unfortunately this isn't the case for most :(

Edit- Agreed on an active impurity being the problem. Thanks for the response scatter :)

-GC

Last edited:
Here's a few refs regarding drug substitution in animals with the two isomers of MDMA. Below I think will help prove that R-MDMA isn't to blame for mongy crap mdma.

"Discriminative stimulus effects of psychostimulants and hallucinogens in S (+)-3, 4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) and R (−)-MDMA trained mice. KS Murnane, N Murai, LL Howell, WE Fantegrossi."

To quote..

"In this regard, among the substituted phenethylamines, R(−)-enantiomers tend to have hallucinogen-like effects, whereas S(+)-enantiomers tend to have stimulant-like effects. In the present study, mice were trained to discriminate S(+)- or R(−)-MDMA from vehicle. Drug substitution tests were then undertaken with the structurally similar phenethylamine dopamine/norepinephrine releaser S(+)-amphetamine, the structurally dissimilar tropane nonselective monoamine reuptake inhibitor cocaine, the structurally similar phenethylamine 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT)2A agonist 2,5-dimethoxy-4-(n)-propylthiophenethylamine (2C-T-7), and the structurally dissimilar mixed action tryptamine 5-HT2A agonist/monoamine reuptake inhibitor N,N-dipropyltryptamine (DPT). S(+)-amphetamine fully substituted in the S(+)-MDMA-treated animals but did not substitute for the R(−)-MDMA cue. 2C-T-7 fully substituted in the R(−)-MDMA-trained animals but did not substitute for the S(+)-MDMA cue. Cocaine and DPT substituted for both training drugs, but whereas cocaine was more potent in S(+)-MDMA-trained mice, DPT was more potent in R(−)-MDMA-trained mice."

What's interesting to note here is that cocaine substitutes for both isomers but obviously the S being more potent. If R-MDMA was unpleasurable and mongy I doubt this would be the case.

The next I'd like to show is this...

"Assessment of the MDA and MDMA optical isomers in a stimulant-hallucinogen discrimination. Baker LE, et al. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 1997."

To quote..

"Substitution tests were administered with the isomers of MDA and MDMA. In the second experiment, substitution tests were also administered with lower doses of each training compound and with the stimulant cocaine and the hallucinogen 2,5-dimethoxy-4-methylphenylisopropylamine (DOM). In both experiments, all of the isomers produced very few responses on the S(+)-amphetamine lever. In the first experiment, R(-)-MDA and R(-)-MDMA produced nearly complete substitution for mescaline. The results of the second experiment revealed partial substitution for LSD with both isomers of MDMA and S(+)-MDA, and nearly complete substitution with R(-)MDA for LSD. The present findings do not support previous reports that S(+)-MDMA and S(+)-MDMA substitute for S(+)-amphetamine."

What's interesting to note here is that both R-MDA and R-MDMA produced near complete substitution whereas the S isomers did not. I'd consider pure Mescaline a stimulating empathogen with psychedelic/visual properties. The fact the S-isomers didn't substitute is indicative to me that they are likely more stimulating than anything else.

It's also interesting to note this study found S-amphetamine didn't sub for the S isomers like previously found..

As has been said, the S isomer is more potent but the "magic" of mdma is lost. My guess is the empathogenic effects may be more from the R-isomer, it seems the R-isomer has much greater impact on hormone levels. As we know oxytocin is released during an mdma experience which helps with the bonding we feel while we roll. My guess is the S-isomer provides more the socialability and euphoria whereas the R-isomer provides more the empathogenic and psychedelic aspect to MDMA.

I also want to say I don't trust much the information given in PIHKAL regarding r-mdma, everything else out there seems to contradict what it says and I have to conclude that there was some factor which skewed the notes (tolerance maybe? expectations?) not everyone is perfect even good ol shulgin.

So after looking at the facts we have to conclude R-MDMA is definitely not the cause for the sedating, zero empathy, short acting experience people report.

-GC

Last edited:
That suggests a strongly active contaminant was present.
I wish I could stick it in my spectrometer and determine exactly what it was.

There are always left over contaminants and by-products/precursors in the MDMA.

Chemists have found a way to disguise that in the reagent test though.

I lost little to no product after the wash therefore the product wasn't strongly contaminated. I calculated the loss of product pre and prior wash and it wasn't much putting the MDMA at around 85+ % purity

Last edited:
I have tried to find an answer to why MDMA won't work on me. And have read a lot on this thread and many others. I have tried 4 times with the same product. Fear goes away and its nice to talk with my friend that i have done it with all times, but no euphoria or magic that i read about. We always waited 1-2 month between.
Quick question, when we haven't gotten euphoric. Do we still need to wait 1-2-3 month til we try again? I have sample from another "batch" and would like to try it and see if there is a difference. 11 days since last time. No euphoria, not emptied serotonin "storage"?

Interesting thread!

I just want to add that I think people need to take into account how much interpersonal variation there can be with all things being relatively equal.

What I mean is this: I've been rolling for nine years now. I have used the same supply almost every time (lab tested safrole smelling old school pokeballs that I wisely invested in a long time ago). Almost every time I have almost every variable the same: setting, length of break, dose, music, company, temperature, health, empty stomach, etc. etc. etc.

I've kept a journal of every roll and still have had a wide variety of experience. I would say that of the 31 rolls that I've had in my life, I would put 12 as being truly magical, with the rest being good but not worth the recovery and a few being miserable.

I have no idea why that is. For a long time I was doing the same and investigating racemic ratios and the like, but I think the main variable is my brain and how it happens to respond at the time.

I have a feeling there are other like me but have multiple added variables on top of that...

Not saying in the least that there isn't something going on with today's pills, but know that even with proven good quality MDMA and stable variables there can still be widely varied experiences!

I am still in firm belief piperanol is synth is the precursor to blame here. All reports of "different MDMA" all trace back to 2008 when the safrole treaty was signed. Safrole just makes the most sense to me and synthesising MDMA via other methods outside of alexander shulgins method is why the experience doesn't feel the same and it feels as though the "magic" has disappeared.

There was a huge dry spell that hit Aus around 2008-2009 when the treaty was signed and any sights of MDMA completely vanished for years then all of a sudden we have these super strong dutch MDMA pills being manufactured and MDMA is so readily available again.

There have been official studies done and this is when the meth epidemic hit Australia. I remember reading somewhere about Aus being the top country in the world for meth usage which took a strong incline/influx around 2008-2009 as users were looking for an MDMA replacement.

The treaty that was signed is the problem why there is such a huge meth epidemic in Australia.

Something about that just seems off to me.

Neurotoxicity, Set and setting can be to blame but I feel as though the magic is never lost just how careless the chemist is when synthesising the MDMA.

The authorities don't realise what they've done when they do things like this because there was a strong incline/influx of meth usage from 2008-2009 onwards where users were looking for a replacement then started smoking meth via the pipe and/or ingesting it. I've confirmed this with numerous friends I used to consume ecstasy with years ago and they agree meth was their "party replacement" which has now turned into a habit.

I refuse to touch it outside of some experimental testing. Too many of my good friends have been taken and changed by meth permanently.

I was told some time back directly from an online MDMA chemist that the perfect combination for an ecstasy pill consisted of combinations of mdma, mda and amphetamine sulphate. That's where you would get your "smacky pills" MDMA heavy and the amphetamine containing "speedy" MDMA pills.

Can't recall the dosages correctly but if I can roughly guess it was 90-100mg MDMA, 25-35mg MDA and some amphetamine sulphate.

Most of my friends enjoyed the speedy ones because of social gatherings and party purposes and the smacky ones for 3 people or less for more deep and meaningful conversations, bonding, feelings of intimacy and connecting with others on a strong emotional level. I recall strongly having great difficulty sleeping afterwards thanks to the amphetamine present within the ecstasy I used to consume although have no difficulty sleeping after MDMA I obtain now in it's crystal form. Smoking cannabis would always potentiate and bring back the high once it was gone so we used to smoke straight cannabis and generally get a 12 hour roll.

Smoking cigarettes used to feel good, We would always shake hands and call say "Best mates forever" and give each other kisses on the cheeks, Hug and cuddle each other forever and the warmth and connection between everyone was phenomenal.

I'd always want to have sex with girls I was with but never used to be able to maintain an erection. I just remember always being so horny on good MDMA around people of the opposite gender despite how attractive they were which is something I don't get on MDMA now unless I use meth whilst under the influence.

This conversation ties back to amphetamine sulphate again due to the large amounts of dopamine released.

I even went as far as truly building up a connection with my house partners sister at the time whilst under the influence and asked her to date then snapped back into reality from the experience and realised what I had done. Needless to say this relationship lasted a long time although I didn't feel much for this girl but the MDMA definitely brought us closer.

Though as I said the key is safrole and because piperanol can be obtained so readily and easily as a precursor chemists had no other option but to synthesise our beloved MDMA with piperanol.

When washing my MDMA the old feeling was back though the MDA and amphetamine were and certainly notably missing from the experience. The question to what is missing I feel is the small amount of MDA and amphetamine sulphate along with incorrect methods of synthesising the drug via piperanol and not safrole.

After all ecstasy is the party/rave drug. It was used in large social gatherings to give people energy to dance. Clean and pure MDMA is fun but nobody likes to be a couch potato all night with no motivation to dance.

The amphetamine potentiates the MDMA high too I feel and gives it legs from recent experience smoking meth whilst taking MDMA.

Some notable pills we used to take were disables/retards (handicap logo), crowns (3 point), Armani's, Doves, CK's, Euro's.

Consuming X purple crowns was one of my best experiences to date.

I still remember the old safrole smell of MDMA. The best way I can describe it was like a misty/dusty/feint aniseed/licorice/root beer smell.

I would remember that smell anyday.

Anyways off to edata to try trace back some of these reports to see what I can dig up.

The quest for enlightenment, answers and knowledge still remains I'm afraid, Although I'm fairly certain I know what the answers are and nobody can do anything about that unless they're synthesising their own MDMA and experimenting with other drug combinations like the ones mentioned above.

Last edited:
I am once again amazed at how far this discussion has come. I?m especially loving the references to articles that look at the effects of enantiomers on neurochemistry and endocrinology. That?s fantastic. I was skeptical of the importance of racemic ratios, but I read just a tiny bit and it does seem that S is more potent and speedy, possibly via amphetamine-associated mechanisms, while R is more ?hallucinogenic? and binds serotonin and dopamine receptors with high affinity than S.

The last few pages of threads focused on several things, and I kept noticing the question of the precursor substance. I honestly think this is the key to everything. In my last post I included a link to a 2016 EU Drug Market report.

Two things were very clear in this article. First, the precursor availability determines everything about the synthesis, distribution, and sale of MDMA on a massive scale. As a result, the legal powers that be focus on the sale of these precursors (frequently sourced from China) in addition to the presence of said precursors and by-products in confiscated drugs.

Starting in 2008-2012 the amount of seized safrole oil-based precursors dramatically declined, while the seizure of piperonal, PMK glycidate/PMK glycidide and their saltsincreased. As of 2015, the production of mass MDMA focuses on novel ways of making alternate precursors, so any number of things are possible.

@G-Chemyou pretty much state this to a tee in post #538. This time period of safrole decline matches exactly the reports on this site when users began to experience a significant change in the quality of MDMA. Furthermore, different routes of synthesis have different yields, so clearly mass producers will go for the third option in the table below because they make more money. I did read an article on MAPS that indicated back in the 70s they were using both safrole AND piperonyl acetone to make MDMA, so perhaps safrole as the ultimate precursor is not the most accurate answer. I do think whatever additions they are making to the new precursors and the changes in synthetic steps are having the effect. What is the relevance of glycidate? Although I have to admit that I agree with Scatterday that safrole is an ingredient I'd place a bet on in a horse race. It just feels like the right answer.

According to this reference, the answer to the question ?are they using MD-P2P as a precursor? is yes.

"Between 2006 - 2009 differences were observed in the amount of precursor chemicals seized that could have been used in synthesis of MDMA (Table 1.4). Various factors could have caused the difference in the amount of seized precursor chemicals such as changes in enforcement and changes in manufacture and trafficking [127]. However, the low amount of the precursor chemicals seized considering the amount of ?ecstasy? tablets on the market suggest that much of the precursors used for MDMA synthesis are not detected [36].

"In Europe in 2004, there was a decline in the amount (about 17 mt) of reported seizures of 3,4-MDP2P, with the last seizures reported in 2007. The decrease in 3,4-MDP2P seizures could have been caused by tighter controls on the manufacture of this chemical in China (traditionally the source of this chemical), after an agreement between China and the EU in 2009 to improve precursor controls [36]. However, it was also suggested by the UNODC in 2010 that the decrease in 3,4-MDP2P in Europe could have been caused by an increased demand of this precursor in other parts of the world where MDMA manufactured had increased, such as North America, South-East Asia and Oceania [36]."

Thus, the mass production of MDMA (in contrast to smaller labs) will constantly shift and the determination of contaminants will shift with it, making testing for the ?undesirable components? very difficult. What we DO know is that the shift from safrole as a starting point to piperonal and finally, and even worse, to glycidate/glycidide and novel salts is one important factor in the change in street MDMA quality, even though it tests as pure.

Finally, several references I saw said that the purity and concentration of seized MDMA was consistently increasing, starting in 2010. This means that whatever the change is in synthesis and the resulting structure of the ?mongy? MDMA is so subtle that even narcotic control agencies aren?t finding it (or looking for it) .

So something about these changes in synthesis is creating a product that tests as more pure, yet also contains something that qualitatively alters the effect. That could be a ton of things, no?

Whatever the case, looking at government or narcotic institutional reports provides some valuable information into what the mass producers seem to be using in their synthesis.

Secondly, the discussion of washing MDMA is veryinteresting. Scatterday said that his experience was very much like what he remembered from earlier years, simply by ?cleaning? the MDMA. So, what exactly does that process do from a chemical standpoint? I understand that it ?removes contaminants?? but does it separate something like 2,3. MDMA from 3,4-MDMA or have an effect on racemic content? Does it remove MDA? Can someone explain briefly and simply what a process like that does and then tie it in to the more complex debate that has been laid out here? What does a washed product like he made look like on machine analysis before and after cleaning? I think someone already asked this question, but it seems like a great next step to me.

I think this paper is really interesting. It gets super in depth about the chemical analysis of MDMA, how it is made, how it has changed over the years, etc. It had way more information than I could digest, but it included discussion of enantiomers and every type of analysis/machine that you guys have used.

https://kclpure.kcl.ac.uk/portal/files/37538701/2014_Mifsud_Mario_94L00643_ethesis.pdf

?The Physical and Chemical Characterisation of 3,4-MDMA Ecstasy Tablets. Kings College, London

Last edited:
Secondly, the discussion of washing MDMA is veryinteresting. Scatterday said that his experience was very much like what he remembered from earlier years, simply by ?cleaning? the MDMA. So, what exactly does that process do from a chemical standpoint? I understand that it ?removes contaminants?? but does it separate something like 2,3. MDMA from 3,4-MDMA or have an effect on racemic content? Does it remove MDA? Can someone explain briefly and simply what a process like that does and then tie it in to the more complex debate that has been laid out here? What does a washed product like he made look like on machine analysis before and after cleaning? I think someone already asked this question, but it seems like a great next step to me.

I think this paper is really interesting. It gets super in depth about the chemical analysis of MDMA, how it is made, how it has changed over the years, etc. It had way more information than I could digest, but it included discussion of enantiomers and every type of analysis/machine that you guys have used.

https://kclpure.kcl.ac.uk/portal/files/37538701/2014_Mifsud_Mario_94L00643_ethesis.pdf

?The Physical and Chemical Characterisation of 3,4-MDMA Ecstasy Tablets. Kings College, London

The washing of MDMA will not wash any amphetamine based substances out of your product only purify/clean any contaminants and left over by-products from the manufacturing process. Whether or not this alters the isomer ratios is another thing to investigate.

If R-MDMA produces more hallucinogenic properties then by my limited experience in chemistry theory the wash would purify and isolate this isomer then remove or at least purify it and result in a S-MDMA stronger isomer ratio since it has more amphetamine like properties.

As I said just a theory which needs to be investigated on a higher chemistry level degree potentially via a mass spectrometer or another device capable of distinguishing isomer ratios.

Happy to do some more testing with some washed MDMA, MDA and amphetamine sulphate combinations.

The key is getting the product as pure as possible by washing it and getting the dosage ratios correct.

Then again this all goes back to whether or not safrole alone is the cause here and if safrole synthesis could be affecting the isomer ratios in some way.

EDIT- After some more research it appears that some of the statement I made to safrole appears to be correct

"Any route that proceeds through the nitropropene or the P2P will produce a 50:50 split unless an asymmetric catalyst is used."

The question is why would the chemist bother to alter the isomer ratios with an asymmetric catalyst when one wasn't needed before with safrole if the route they take to manufacture their MDMA is via p2p with piperanol and it's much cheaper/safer for them to produce it this way without their precursors being intercepted by authorities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.