• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is mainly for tripsitter...I went and bought some pressed pills for a celebration for the closing of my business for the whole covid-19 lockdown... guess what? I had fun, they were nice pills (pink Porsche's)..I was silly, lots of giggles but still nothing like mdma pre 2003. There was more of a stoned feel to it, no energy at all, no happiness, no smiles and I even passed out .. it was very much like the mdma I've had a few times recently and yes, set and setting did have an effect...if I didn't have my other half with me and a smartphone, I would have just sat there, had a wank and passed out.
Thats because the new pink porsches are not mdma these days. Its some mix of a cathoine speed and some other shit mixed in with them even in late 2018 the pink posrches been pressed in NZ were been pressed with mdma and meth. I did OG pink porsches in 2017 and 2018 and had me rolling so hard i almost died on two of them.

I just want to emphasize again, that unless there is professional analysis of the sample, the data is compromised.

I could take a pill that has 25% MDMA plus caffeine and other fillers and that pill would look fine to reagent tests, but it would not be a very good time.

@G_Chem Eager to hear the results of your reagent tests. Curious how they line up with my recent test experiment.

So only 5 samples tested so far with the freshest reagents I’ve ever seen in my 10+yrs testing various drugs with these things for myself and others. I’ve bought more than my fair share.

I rated each sample based on both my and others experiences, with only one batch out of them all really feeling meh to me. (G6 SoCal press). The rest of them (8-9 total all said and done) were decent (one being just ok) to stellar.

I noticed something when comparing the best sample I had with the worst that two reagents id never used before were doing something different.

For the suspected “meh” sample the Froehde was going “very quickly to dark/black, hint of purple? later purple..”

For the “magic” sample the Froehde was going “quick flash of green to brownish black, no/little purple” the puddle stayed this color and did not eventually go purple like the other.

Another reagent, the Liebermann did the following the “meh;” “brownish/blackish.”

While with the “magic” sample; “violent, straight to black, later reddish/purplish hue.”

I noticed that another sample I’d rated really highly “magic” if you will, mimicked the first magic sample.

From there I noticed that all batches which seemed shorter acting, followed the “meh” sample in this reagent response.

Shorter acting seems to be a common complaint these days.

So of the 5 samples, I tried 4 personally. 1 felt meh, 1 felt ok but not special, and the other 2 were “magic.”

The meh sample, the just ok sample, and the one I hadn’t tried but appeared decent based on others experiences albeit shorter acting usually over in 3-4hours Max, all followed the same progressions with the reagents. (As stated above.)

The 2 magic samples reacted the same to each other as well.

I think my problem with the bioassay portion of these experiments is that once I try a batch I feel is meh I avoid it and it usually sits in the closet. I don’t get a true representation. That said, I can see that my tastes in product follow a pattern in the reagents.

The one batch that I haven’t tasted, I avoided it because people told me that while it was good it was short acting. When I roll I wanna roll 4-6hrs plus some residuals.

I’ve got 3-4 to go but need to try them first. 1 of the untested samples I have tried already and it was magic so it’ll be interesting to see if it’s following this pattern. I’ll actually be testing another batch first time tomorrow so within a few days I’ll have 2 more reagent tests up.

Once I get the next 2 done I’ll post the full results for all the reagents just for kicks and giggles.

My previous thought of the mandelin being a possible tool has fallen short, I’m not seeing any reliable pattern.

I’ll be back...

-GC

Last edited:
can people compare their samples of meh and magic and see if taking it orally or snorter would effect their "meh" sample. I personally enjoy taking some mdmd orally then snorting points usually rolling for 8 hours + as i redose the entire night.

can people compare their samples of meh and magic and see if taking it orally or snorter would effect their "meh" sample. I personally enjoy taking some mdmd orally then snorting points usually rolling for 8 hours + as i redose the entire night.

Dude. Read the fucking thread. Seriously.

To be clear, I'm only being a dick to you because you're running a pretty high level of interference, ie. tons of comments rehashing points we've discussed numerous times already.

To answer you, ROA doesn't seem to change anything, though snorting or plugging can actually make a sample feel more Meh sometimes.

So only 5 samples tested so far with the freshest reagents I’ve ever seen in my 10+yrs testing various drugs with these things for myself and others. I’ve bought more than my fair share.

I rated each sample based on both my and others experiences, with only one batch out of them all really feeling meh to me. (G6 SoCal press). The rest of them (8-9 total all said and done) were decent (one being just ok) to stellar.

I noticed something when comparing the best sample I had with the worst that two reagents id never used before were doing something different.

For the suspected “meh” sample the Froehde was going “very quickly to dark/black, hint of purple? later purple..”

For the “magic” sample the Froehde was going “quick flash of green to brownish black, no/little purple” the puddle stayed this color and did not eventually go purple like the other.

Another reagent, the Liebermann did the following the “meh;” “brownish/blackish.”

While with the “magic” sample; “violent, straight to black, later reddish/purplish hue.”

I noticed that another sample I’d rated really highly “magic” if you will, mimicked the first magic sample.

From there I noticed that all batches which seemed shorter acting, followed the “meh” sample in this reagent response.

Shorter acting seems to be a common complaint these days.

So of the 5 samples, I tried 4 personally. 1 felt meh, 1 felt ok but not special, and the other 2 were “magic.”

The meh sample, the just ok sample, and the one I hadn’t tried but appeared decent based on others experiences albeit shorter acting usually over in 3-4hours Max, all followed the same progressions with the reagents. (As stated above.)

The 2 magic samples reacted the same to each other as well.

I think my problem with the bioassay portion of these experiments is that once I try a batch I feel is meh I avoid it and it usually sits in the closet. I don’t get a true representation. That said, I can see that my tastes in product follow a pattern in the reagents.

The one batch that I haven’t tasted, I avoided it because people told me that while it was good it was short acting. When I roll I wanna roll 4-6hrs plus some residuals.

I’ve got 3-4 to go but need to try them first. 1 of the untested samples I have tried already and it was magic so it’ll be interesting to see if it’s following this pattern. I’ll actually be testing another batch first time tomorrow so within a few days I’ll have 2 more reagent tests up.

Once I get the next 2 done I’ll post the full results for all the reagents just for kicks and giggles.

My previous thought of the mandelin being a possible tool has fallen short, I’m not seeing any reliable pattern.

I’ll be back...

-GC
Haha, all in the name of science hey GC? 😁 Very interesting. I only ever saw one ecstasy pill tested myself in fact.
Exodus (the origin of of the famous Exodus Cheese" strain of weed) annual festival 1999 (illegal do, but hardcore Gypsies, police always kept a distance back then.)

They were huge 4 day parties in August. 3 mile grassy, hilly venue. Dozens of music teepees. Crazy but chill people. Lots of love and connection.

NO TROUBLE! Gypsies ran it good!

But the drugs- the ecstasy/MDMA pills.....wow, out of this world. And huge variety. You only had to walk a few feet to find a different press of very high quality mind-altering MDMA pills.

And sensational skunk, hash, aghghan black, Columbian weed etc.

So upon entering this grand outdoor complex at 5 p.m. on a hot sunny Saturday evening, after being sold acid on the road outside before even entering the party zone, a girl came up to me and asked if I wanted to swap a pill she had some really tasty looking white Mitsubishi pills which could be exceptional at the time in 1999.

We took with us some really clean Mercedes pills with us. I did not decline the offer and before I knew it she was efficiently testing my Mercedes pill in front of my eyes.

That was the only one I ever saw tested I believe, so no exact memory of the result but I just remember it going dark very quickly whether it was black or had noticeable purple in it I can't be sure now.

The big white Mitzi she gave me was top top notch.

What you report is very interesting I will be reading it again sometime when my head is not so wasted on kava, cannabis edibles and etizolam. No acid today at least, but nice and dreamily medicated.

I have grown increasingly tempted lately to actually try one of my Dutch Bowser pills. I'm thinking it should be safe enough hopefully. It would be extremely interesting to me in light of this whole topic and particular thread to see what sort of experience I would have have and to be able to report that here based on my extensive past experiences.

We will see folks. Hope you are all keeping well.

Big importers usually use Marquis, Mecke, Mandelin and Folin reagants together. Mecke is a interesting one as it can detect https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimethoxymethamphetamine. Never seen any acutal reports on somebody knowingly using this. But if your mdma is trash your usually getting it from trashy people so it could acutally be that.

Next contendor is what "meh" is acutally MBDB https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBDB And has been found has a containment many times by police forensic analysis. Its trip report effects line up with your meh experinces aswell.

Last edited:
To answer you, ROA doesn't seem to change anything, though snorting or plugging can actually make a sample feel more Meh sometimes.
Yeah that makes sense to me. There's no logical presumption that changing the route of delivery will make a sub par and lacking substance somehow better just stronger perhaps which in the case of substandard ecstasy I guess would only increase and highlight the lacking and dismal side of its effects.

Personally I was never a fan of snorting MDMA although combined with ketamine it could be very interesting and more enticing that way also snorting cocaine with ketamine at the same time was a totally different experience to either drug and surprisingly nice and enjoyable without being messy like ecstasy and ket.

For myself the high of snorting MDMA was always fairly short lived and came on quite intense and disruptively to my zen, level blissful mindset I would achieve whenever I took good quality MDMA or ecstasy pills and maintain this for a very long time, without peaks and troughs and periods of of confusion and kind of regret at how messed up I felt like you can with certain drugs and certain sessions when the light of day hits.

@G_Chem

If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy the test kits from? I would like to get tests from the same supplier and check the samples I have to see if they match what you are seeing or not. Also, how noticeable is the difference in test results between the meh/magic samples? Would it be easy to tell if you were not seeing the reactions side by side?

I currently do not have Froehde or Liebermann in my arsenal. I just have Marquis, Mandelin, Mecke, and Simon's. Honestly, they are all a bit old at this point and I may just order a full new set.

@G_Chem

If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy the test kits from? I would like to get tests from the same supplier and check the samples I have to see if they match what you are seeing or not. Also, how noticeable is the difference in test results between the meh/magic samples? Would it be easy to tell if you were not seeing the reactions side by side?

I currently do not have Froehde or Liebermann in my arsenal. I just have Marquis, Mandelin, Mecke, and Simon's. Honestly, they are all a bit old at this point and I may just order a full new set.

Bunk Police, their full most complete reagent set. I’ve purchased a few times from DanceSafe too but unfortunately have gotten older than I care for reagents from them in the past.

I do believe anyone could discern these two separate reactions apart. It seems too that they both occur simultaneously so may be a better indicator if we can continue to see this pattern with more testing.

Unlike most reagent reactions though it seems these color differences occur over time.

Once I get these next two tests done (likely tomorrow, gonna roll in a few hours hehe) I’ll have a better idea if this is an avenue worth further exploration.

Also that picture definitely has the more blocky looking crystals, that’s what meh seems to look like based on my understanding.

Get back to more later :) Prepping for a post cancer (hopefully) quarantine roll sesh with my girl.

-GC

Prepping for a post cancer (hopefully) quarantine roll sesh with my girl.

Great minds think alike. I will be participating in my own quarantine roll within the very near future. @G_Chem, have an amazing time!

@TripSitterNZ
"8 hours + as i redose the entire night."
I believe you had a meh.
normal mdma duration is 4-6 hours even shorter im snorting points instead of orally. The longest roll i ever had was 7 pm til 4 am the next day as i just took more as it faded. I always redose mdma as the peak fades to bring peak back. I would also do it weekly so my tolerance was off the charts i would use upwards of 300 mg on those nights.

@G_Chem These Bunk Police kits look nice. They have some more complex items as well. I will order the full kit and post my results for comparison.

Get back to more later :) Prepping for a post cancer (hopefully) quarantine roll sesh with my girl.

All the best mate!

I've been thinking that the more meh things have been getting, the more that all reagents (apart from Simon's) turn straight to black. I see no subtlety at all. I'm not confident in knowing what to expect, but it has been nagging me. For example, my current reagents are from reagent-test.uk chart and for marquis, liebermann, froehde, mandelin and mecke everything goes black with no purple, brown, green etc... But still, if you have to pick just one substance from the list, you'd still have to pick mdma.

To all the amateur analytical toxicologists out there, how about considering running some TLC plates before staining with your Marquis/Mecke/etc?

SWGDRUG has a handy monogram detailing a bunch of testing methods for MDMA. http://www.swgdrug.org/Monographs/3,4-METHYLENEDIOXYMETHAMPHETAMINE.pdf

If anything it would give the ability to seperate out the MDMA from the impurities and provide a more accurate ID (as the individual 'spots' will be seperate compounds rather than a mixture).

Also, in the interest of reproducibility, I would be weighing out equal-mass samples and using a fixed volumetric pipette to deliver the color-change reagent... I suspect that dilution will effect the intensity of the colot reaction too.

To all the amateur analytical toxicologists out there, how about considering running some TLC plates before staining with your Marquis/Mecke/etc?
Hasn't ThreePointCircle done this already?
AFAIR he could separate the different components of the mixture but it was not easy since he had to get different solvents and UV filters and light.
Didn't sth weird happen when he tested the spots on the TLC plate with the reagent ?

Hasn't ThreePointCircle done this already?
I gave it a go but wasn't very successful. If the mdma spot moved at all it tended to smear, and there was a hint of something else but not clear. I assume sample prep, system choice and visualisation methods were all factors but I'm a beginner with this stuff so kinda just guessing. Willing to give it another go

Status
Not open for further replies.