• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaden I know where your going with this.. Glubras use has little to do with the discussion at hand.

-GC

Anyone who goes to a rave to 'observe' people so that they can post their 'findings' on the internet needn't wonder why people around them seem so inhibited.

Maybe focus less on what others are doing..

@Kaden_Nite I really think you need to ask yourself what your intentions are with making some of the posts you make in this thread. I am not sure if you just skim what has been posted and then post in quick reaction without fully reading everything, or if you intend to sow negativity, or if you want to make people feel bad or what. Your posts come across in a very combative fashion.

If you had read my comments in full you would see that I was a chaperone for a younger family member. That meant I was the designated driver. I had to stay sober and make sure she stayed safe and out of trouble. Had you fully read my post, you would also have read that I danced for four hours straight, the whole time we were there. Not sure how else I could participate as a designated driver for a young person other than dance the whole time. I am capable of dancing and also making observations, especially since there were breaks between the DJs when everyone just stood around and waited.

I am an observant and analytical person in general, no matter where I am.

Instead of levying personal attacks against people participating in this thread, maybe there are other more positive ways you could participate in the conversation.

Okay. And what were your experiences with MDMA like? Tell us about a few of them.
I did not have multiple ones, but the experience was so profound that it changed my attitude to other people permanently (for the better). e.g. I couldn't believe that downtown could be so beautiful - it was never so beautiful before! I went into a club. The music felt like it was enveloping me and carrying it in it wings. I could actually talk to strangers without being stiff as usual and I imagined that I felt what they felt as the conversation unfolded (or maybe I really did). I actually touched other people on the dancefloor (I would never go there nor do that before). A day prior, I was an antisocial mega nerd ...but a week after it I started to learn dancing.

From the pharmacological side it was 85mg of the racemic hydrochloride salt that was A/B purified with various solvents and column chromatography with extremely low yield. I won't even mention the testing regime. Think "nerd" and go figure.
Anyway, I dissolved that in orange juice for ingestion on an empty stomach and had a tingling comeup within half an hour, 5.5h duration, full mydriasis and associated optical consequences, strong trismus, higher pulse and BP, slight hyperthermia, heightened skin sensitivity, impotence, changed sense of taste. The physical comedown lasted 2 days and was not severe (just blue). However I think I experienced cognitive slowdown for approximately 3 weeks afterwards because I could not solve a technical problem that I should be able to solve normally in a day, or I was just distracted with the newly discovered emotional dimension and could not concentrate.

...all that from 85mg in a 85kg male first-timer....and I still remember every minute of it after all this time.

Last edited:
heightened skin sensitivity
That is a point. One specific effect of MDA which stood out very strongly for me above MDMA, was tactile sensation.

I remember when later reading about MDA's tnedancy for greater tactile sensation enhancement than MDMA, and it rang so true to my ears. It was always a noticeable and enjoyable part of the MDA experience for me.

The heightened tactile sensation element is significant, IMO. I saw that in the people on Friday night, and it is something I recall as being a "front and center" element of the MDMA I used to get. It is almost entirely absent in the batches I have had access to more recently, and it is not something I observe in people on MehDMA.

That is a point. One specific effect of MDA which stood out very strongly for me above MDMA, was tactile sensation.

I remember when later reading about MDA's tnedancy for greater tactile sensation enhancement than MDMA, and it rang so true to my ears. It was always a noticeable and enjoyable part of the MDA experience for me.
yeah MDA can reach some levels just below LSD for tactile sensations. I honestly think alot of people dont realize what they like out of mdma and most those effects are alot stronger in mda. full pure mdma is a more couch locking vibe of love and chilling out while jaw clenching eyes wide open. I still have crystal of a mda and mdma mix which does what it does. a 120 mg mdma 80 mg mda is the perfect combo i discovered a long time ago.

Do you think we should add a second thread with a running summary of this thread? Le Junk does not seem to log on much anymore to update the 1st post in this thread, but maybe a more active participant could summarize what has been theorized so far, and update a second thread when there is significant info to add.

Do you think we should add a second thread with a running summary of this thread? Le Junk does not seem to log on much anymore to update the 1st post in this thread, but maybe a more active participant could summarize what has been theorized so far, and update a second thread when there is significant info to add.
I had the exact idea myself earlier. Not in relation to Le Junk, but it seemed sensible to restart the thread with a summary of sorts.

But I'm no good with these clerical things myself. This thread would serve as a resource for quotes and references.

We could also have a Google Docs document or Google Sheets spreadsheet that a few of us have editing permissions on, and then have that linked in the first post?

I tried restarting it at one point with a summary but the mods shut er down and remerged the new thread with this one..

I think we could probably start a new thread that maybe summarizes and compiles (as knowledge progresses) the information we gather here, so long as it doesn’t become a 2.0 version of this thread.

-GC

i wonder if those who are smaller size and dont have a sky high tolerance to mdma like myself are seeing acutally worse returns in these high dosed pills if taken at once and need to find a sweet spot dosage for themselves

imo 100 mg is to low of a dose for anybody but 200 mg at once is way to much for most users especially those without heavy mdma use. I have snorted lines of mda before and felt loving effects within minutes (50 - 75 mg ) lines for a short rush period of a hour.

Or mabye just buy out with all your avaible money if u do come across good product that should last a responsible user a life time.

In my peak useage i was blowing through 2 grams of mdma a month i know some people who went truly down the rabbit hole and destoryed their brain by using 3 grams of mdma a week NZ and australia is full of heavy cookers who will throw down harder than anybody i have seen overseas.

In my peak useage i was blowing through 2 grams of mdma a month i know some people who went truly down the rabbit hole and destoryed their brain by using 3 grams of mdma a week NZ and australia is full of heavy cookers who will throw down harder than anybody i have seen overseas.
At one period of my life, actually during my final university year, I took somewhere over 900 MDMA pills between September 2002 and June 2003. Which was about 25 pills a week average, but this would vary heavily and could be as much as 80 pills in one week was about the most.

And that was not normal just something which did happen a couple of times I think.those were messy affairs and I truly lost track and reference of time, what day it was...what anything was. Not clever.

Regardless a lot of things came on ravelled during that period and it's when I my incurred the most significant changes and harms from MDMA, I effectively developed a neurosis, a psychological disorder basically, most of all my ability to communicate verbally and emotionally was massively compromised.

So there is a line to be drawn, 2 grams of MDMA a month you might just about be able to get away with, but 2 or more grams a week is ludicrous and just asking for trouble.

This falls perfectly in line with what I’ve been saying. Thank you man for coming in to give your notes!! Leuckart and Al/Hg give good product but leucky gives that “dance your heart out, 90s raver style” roll whereas Al/Hg gives the clean pure love with less stimulation but all around the truest form of MDMA.

-GC

I appreciate all the time you've put into researching the history of production methods, but you surely cannot make that statement with even a shred of that certainty/confidence8)

Sorry to bust in and talk this way, but what is the point of this thread? The topic is useful but at 141 pages I don't even know what to do with it. I did come here to find out what's wrong with MDMA. Should I just start at page 1 and go from there, or should I make a whole new thread?

Yeah, theres new information every now and then but at least 100 pages of this discussion makes the rest of the investigation look like complete lunacy. On one page we've got new information about a research chemical that could possible fool lab tests, thats available to us, and we could send it in to see if it fools a test, awesome!! Then the next page its about how because at a EDM festival it was observed that the asian people there, in general, looked extra fucked so they must have the good shit, and that we know of course asians have the good connections...

At some point I'll try and compile all the useful information, theories that we've already looked into, things we've ruled out, a set of concise hypotheses, etc...

On another note, do we have any reason to believe that trace amounts of heavy metals like mercury would have any affect whatsoever on the acute effects of MDMA? The effects of mercury toxicity are quite well documented

Last edited:
I appreciate all the time you've put into researching the history of production methods, but you surely cannot make that statement with even a shred of that certainty/confidence8)

Yeah, theres new information every now and then but at least 100 pages of this discussion makes the rest of the investigation look like complete lunacy. On one page we've got new information about a research chemical that could possible fool lab tests, thats available to us, and we could send it in to see if it fools a test, awesome!! Then the next page its about how because at a EDM festival it was observed that the asian people there, in general, looked extra fucked so they must have the good shit, and that we know of course asians have the good connections...

At some point I'll try and compile all the useful information, theories that we've already looked into, things we've ruled out, a set of concise hypotheses, etc...

On another note, do we have any reason to believe that trace amounts of heavy metals like mercury would have any affect whatsoever on the acute effects of MDMA? The effects of mercury toxicity are quite well documented

Old bee reported it. And hive bees are the ones who make/made MDMA. They are the ones that developed routes and created new precoursers so yes old bee would know read the thread earlier

Solvents wise I have isopropyl, acetone, DCM, xylene, MEK and Heptane. Which ones do I try?

I also read something about have solvent mixes. So should I do 1 solvent per plate, or mixtures of?

My first ever TLC, MehDMA in MEK. Sample was dissolved in deionised water. Not much going on as far as I can tell:
View attachment 15343
Yes, that smear is something. The low contrast is due to your lamp being unfiltered (if you can see the lamp, this means that it emits some visible light that decreases the contrast) .
Your sample consists of four visible components. The one that stayed at the origin was insoluble in your solvent. Since silca gel is polar then the spot that traveled further is less polar. The fact that the eluent front is not clean means that your starting spot was too big. Go break a thermometer or sth and get yourself a capillary.

Solvents wise I have isopropyl, acetone, DCM, xylene, MEK and Heptane. Which ones do I try?
The one that dissolves your sample well. e.g. when you are at the base stage of your A/B extraction use heptane, toluene.
When your substance is in the salt form use polar solvents such as distilled water, isopropyl alcohol, ethanol, etc...

I also read something about have solvent mixes. So should I do 1 solvent per plate, or mixtures of?
One mixture of solvents per plate. Aim for clean origin and front (as in this video) and the best separation.
Allow the container to be saturated with vapors, before putting the plate in. Cover the container afterwards. Experiment with binary solvent mixtures of the same kind (polar with polar ...and non-polar with non-polar) in the range of 25% - 75%. Once you find the solvent mixture (solvent system) that gives you the best separation, you better have its proportion written down so you can make more of it later.

It is possible to make a 2D TLC with two solvents (or solvent mixtures) per plate. Drying them in-between is a must. First immerse the short edge of the plate, let the front ascend, dry and then immerse the long edge in a different solvent (or mixture) and let the front ascend in the perpendicular direction.

You can also place the dried plate upside down over iodine crystals in a container. Don't let the crystals touch the plate. They will sublimate, react with the fractions on the TLC plate and may uncover something that is not visible under UV alone. Mild temperature increase helps the sublimation.

You can also do a small amount of reagent testing on the spots of interest (when the plate is dry). Don't mix this with iodine staining.

You can purposely contaminate your sample with a known substance to gauge their relative retention factors....or put it in a different lane.

Last edited:
Thanks @Glubrahnum I'll work on all that. I did have a brief look at filters and they seemed really expensive so I skipped. I've now had a fiddle in editing the levels on the image and I can bring the smear out better. But I take the point that filtered light would be preferable.

Status
Not open for further replies.