• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today? - v2

Who is this? Id love to read more about that.

As you said earlier, a underground chemist isn't going to go through steriospecfic reactions because it'll make his ending product 15% stronger unless that 15% would correlate to X% more in profit. You have to realize any chemist that makes the choice to go the clandestine route in life not only has to, hopefully, have a PhD in orgo or Med chem but the knowledge of how to sell it. You can make all the illegal drugs in the world but without a crew so to say a "chemist" would not make a great business man. There are so many factors that go into this that is why @unodelacosa says what he says. I am a Legit chemist and I would NEVER make or extract anything illegal. For the simple fact I love working own cancer drugs, but if someone said ill give you a billion dollars to do X, then you gotta start thinking how much your willing to get paid to go to jail lol what's the salary ghat you think you should earn if you had to go to jail cause thats what it breaks down to. As @unodelacosa has said to me before, no none goes to undergrad then graduate school to become a clandestine chemist, they probably went pre-med and maybe couldn't get into medical school or life just happens... all Im saying is, for the most part, clandestine chemist are only doing it for the money probably could care less about the end user or the organization they are working for doesn't.
That was my point.

If they come up with an enantiomerically skewed synthesis because they are using obscure, UNCONTROLLED, UNWATCHED, precursors, ligands, and catalysts, because it is cheaper to NOT GET CAUGHT.

Do they really care that it's not truly racemic?

The literature is robust regarding asymmetric amination by reduction syntheses, using certain ligands and catalysts.

Certain precursors and reagents lend themselves to a single stereoisomer, which can be protected and carried through to the end product.

The moderators have said we cannot discuss specific reagents, asymmetric ligands, or catalysts, however, the literature is quite available. I think some may have been referenced by MAPS' cGMP synthesis.

Just thinking about gurning or jaw clentching.

Such a strange side effect to a drug 😂. Weird how it can't be noticed without a mirror or you can't feel it. Not once did I catch myself doing it or notice it.

Just thinking about gurning or jaw clentching.

Such a strange side effect to a drug 😂. Weird how it can't be noticed without a mirror or you can't feel it. Not once did I catch myself doing it or notice it.

Yea it’s actually kinda scary to me. I’ve had it where I’m gurning hard and hearing my teeth clicking but literally cannot feel it happening. Like what is going on in my head where I can’t feel my jaws clacking together lol.

-GC

Yea it’s actually kinda scary to me. I’ve had it where I’m gurning hard and hearing my teeth clicking but literally cannot feel it happening. Like what is going on in my head where I can’t feel my jaws clacking together lol.

-GC
Never ever heard or felt my teeth

Best idea would be to ask a friend to watch each others jaw

Strap in. This is long. I’ve edited it down and included some (hopefully) helpful emphases throughout.

TL;DR – Ppl become clandestine lab operators for a variety of reasons and motives, I would imagine. Seems to me mass producers are driven by profits mostly and they may, or may not, have much regard for the end user and the final purity of the product. I’d like to think most are not sociopaths and care at least enough to avoid grievously poisoning their customers, though they also likely don’t care about enantiomeric purity when racemic purity is good enough and more profitable. Small lab operators are different.

Who is this? Id love to read more about that.
Dr. Alexander Shulgin, best known for publishing PiHKAL and TiHKAL. To me, the late Dr. Shulgin and the retired Dr. David Nichols are the two giant luminaries in this field.

As you said earlier, a underground chemist isn't going to go through steriospecfic reactions because it'll make his ending product 15% stronger unless that 15% would correlate to X% more in profit.
This is contingent on two things:
1. that the chemist is driven by profits, not independent research (as I assume a small minority are), and​
2. that the drug in question would only show marginal improvements upon stereoselective refinement.​
a. Obviously, as pointed out, with dl-methamphetamine, stereo resolution to d-methamphetamine is worth the effort, because the product will be improved significantly enough to drive extra profits.​
b. There is not significant proof to warrant resolving dl-MDMA into either isomer, dextro vs. laevo, or if you prefer: rectus vs. sinestro.​

You have to realize any chemist that makes the choice to go the clandestine route in life not only has to, hopefully, have a PhD in orgo or Med chem but the knowledge of how to sell it.
Hmm, no, I don't agree. It does not take a PhD to manufacture illicit products with a relatively high and consistent purity. These syntheses are not difficult logistically speaking, nor are the purification procedures. It’s avoidance of unwanted attention that can be unpredictable and tricky to navigate. I’ll grant you though if someone is developing novel synthetic routes, a degree will help out a lot, the higher the degree, the better.

I propose to you that most PhDs have worked too hard to risk their careers on the huge legal liabilities associated w/clandestine manufacture. These people are infrequently criminals. Underground chemists are comprised of many types. On the small-scale, there are hillbilly “cooks” with a “recipe for meth”, skinheads and weird tweekers performing unsettling “shake ‘n’ bake” Birch reductions in tube-connected Mountain Dew bottles, and college kids with recent access to a University chemistry department…

…on up to: ex-Big-Pharma chemists w/BS and MS degrees, autodidacts of varying skill levels running the whole gamut (some becoming quite proficient & accomplished despite lacking formal education, see e.g.: Jeff Jenkins, aka Eleusis), some rank amateurs who get arrested after making a rudimentary mistake, and probably a handful of PhD types you described. Though a minority, I would speculate the PhD types solve the “how to sell it” issue by working w/their own versions of “Jesse Pinkman”, so to speak. It’s a motley bunch.

You can make all the illegal drugs in the world but without a crew so to say a "chemist" would not make a great business man.
Not necessarily. The two skillsets don’t have to be mutually exclusive. I know a PhD in biochemistry who went back to school for her MBA in order to startup and effectively lead a new business venture in the generics industry, for example.

Also, one can work as an independent agent and limit their contact w/ any crew to 1-2 ppl, provided one already has the means to produce on a level satisfactory to meet supply and demand needs. However, it’s maybe not wise. Orchestrating the structure of product distribution puts one at risk of being accused of leading a “Continuing Criminal Enterprise” and there are extra penalties for this that add years to a sentence.

I am a Legit chemist and I would NEVER make or extract anything illegal.
I would argue that you’re a chemist w/formal education and degree(s) working in legit industry. A person w/no degree is still capable of being a “legit chemist”. And for your claims of “I would NEVER [XYZ] illegal”, I’ll bet the thought has crossed your mind more than once.

For the simple fact I love working own cancer drugs,
May fortune bless you for this noble work. My hat goes off to you on this point. Truly. Thank you. 🙏 Because cancer has been taking more and more people I know, and just… motherfuck cancer. Worthy of mention / relevant: the aforementioned Dr. Nichols has done groundbreaking work on Parkinson’s treatments as an adjunct to his studies of psychedelics.

And but we each have our own station in life, right? Thank God for you and those like you who love working on cancer drugs. Meanwhile, though not of the same life-saving importance, thank God for those of us willing to make sacrifices and take the enormous risk of clandestine manufacture of psychedelics, empathogens, and useful stimulants. Without underground chemists, we would not have these blessed sacraments that mean so much to so many of us.

but if someone said ill give you a billion dollars to do X, then you gotta start thinking how much your willing to get paid to go to jail lol
The best of the best don’t go to jail. You never hear about these people of course because… they got in and got out.

Also, unless you‘re remarkably clever at hiding money, if you get busted, chances are that money goes bye bye. To be more precise, that money is confiscated by the Feds under forfeiture laws. They keep that money and spend it on their own extra-budgetary desires.

what's the salary ghat you think you should earn if you had to go to jail cause thats what it breaks down to.
I was incarcerated for manufacturing in the late 90s / early 2000s. I don’t want to reveal too many details, so let’s just say I had to do over a half decade but fewer than ten years. I was manufacturing MDMA, MDA, and methamphetamine primarily, along with a handful of uncommon phenethylamines like DMMDA-2 and its n-methyl derivative, DMMDMA-2, plus 2C-i, TMA-2, Mescaline, and a few other odds and ends.

These years of crime and subsequent punishment were an interesting experience when I think back and focus on the highlights. This is true of both the clandestine operation and the experience of incarceration. But again: highlights. The entire experience was emotionally and psychologically taxing, difficult on my family, and financially—though initially thrilling in how much money pours in—when considered along w/the period of incarceration making $0.45/hour in prison wages (read: 13th Amendment slave wages), overall it was a terrible financial move. I openly admit I made some mistakes and had plenty of time to think about them, refine my knowledge of the law and how law enforcement and prosecutors operate, and conclude that in terms of risk versus reward, future clandestine plans would not be worth it for yours truly. It takes the right set of circumstances, sophisticated means of deception in order to procure chemicals and equipment, a good industry cover / decoy motive in a legit industry, and some strong criminal defense strategies in place as contingencies just in case things go sour – plausible deniability and such. Then, it might be worth it for a payout of at least several million dollars. It cannot be understated how massive the risk can be though…

they probably went pre-med and maybe couldn't get into medical school or life just happens...
Or they’re naturally smart, know how to read and teach themselves chemistry and put effort into making sure they don’t miss any important blind spots in their self-administered education. People with formal educations sometimes find it hard to believe autodidacts exist and can possess knowledge equal to—or sometimes surpassing—that of their own.

all Im saying is, for the most part, clandestine chemist are only doing it for the money probably could care less about the end user or the organization they are working for doesn't.
If we’re discussing mass producers, then yes I agree. Otherwise, what’s the point of mass production if not profit? When discussing smaller lab operators who produce either very rare or very pure products, then I think the motivations are not solely monetary, if at all.

Last edited:
Strap in. This is long. I’ve edited it down and included some (hopefully) helpful emphases throughout.

TL;DR – People become clandestine lab operators for a variety of reasons and motives, I would imagine. Seems to me mass producers are driven by profits mostly and they may, or may not, have much regard for the end user and the final purity of the product. I’d like to think most are not sociopaths and care at least enough to avoid grievously poisoning their customers, though they also likely don’t care about enantiomeric purity when racemic purity is good enough and more profitable. Small lab operators are different.

Code:
[BeginRant]

Dr. Alexander Shulgin. He’s well published in the science journals mostly during the latter half of the 20th century. Probs best known for publishing PiHKAL and TiHKAL that detail a couple hundred phenethylamines (PiHKAL) and tryptamines (TiHKAL) he and his lay research group tested and discovered to be psychoactive in humans, along with the synthesis used and qualitative comments.

To me, the late Dr. Shulgin and the retired Dr. David Nichols are the two giant luminaries in this field.

This is contingent on two things: 1. that the chemist is driven by profits, not independent research (as I assume a small minority are), and 2. that the drug in question would only show marginal improvements upon stereoselective refinement. Obviously, as pointed out, with dl-methamphetamine, stereo resolution to d-methamphetamine is worth the effort, because the product will be improved significantly enough to drive extra profits.

Hmm, no, I can’t really agree with that. It does not take a PhD to manufacture illicit products with a relatively high and consistent purity. These syntheses are not difficult logistically speaking, nor are the purification procedures. It’s avoidance of unwanted attention that can be unpredictable and tricky to navigate. I’ll grant you though if someone is developing novel synthetic routes, a degree will help out a lot, the higher the degree, the better.

I propose to you that most PhDs have worked too hard to risk their careers on the giant, legal liabilities associated with clandestine manufacture. These people are infrequently criminals. Underground chemists are comprised of many types. On the small-scale, there are hillbilly “cooks” with a “recipe for meth”, skinheads and weird tweekers performing unsettling “shake ‘n’ bake” Birch reductions in tube-connected Mountain Dew bottles, and college kids with recent access to a University chemistry department… On up to: ex-Big-Pharma chemists with BS and MS degrees, autodidacts of varying skill levels running the whole gamut (some becoming quite proficient and accomplished despite lacking formal education, see e.g.: Jeff Jenkins, aka Eleusis), some rank amateurs who get arrested after making a rudimentary mistake, and probably a handful of PhD types you described. Though a minority, I would speculate the PhD types solve the “how to sell it” issue by working w/their own versions of “Jesse Pinkman”, so to speak. It’s a motley bunch.

Not necessarily. The two skillsets don’t have to be mutually exclusive. I know a PhD in biochemistry who went back to school for her MBA in order to startup and effectively lead a new business venture in the generics industry, for example.

Also, one can work as an independent agent and limit their contact with any crew to 1-2 people, provided one already has the means to produce on a level satisfactory to meet supply and demand needs. However, it’s maybe not wise. Orchestrating the structure of product distribution puts one at risk of being accused of leading a “Continuing Criminal Enterprise” and there are extra penalties for this that add years to a sentence.

Yeah that Uno character never shuts TF up. Does every one of his replies have to be a goddamn novel for chrissakes? Lol

I would argue that you’re a chemist with formal education and degree(s) working in legit industry. A person with no degree is still capable of being a “legit chemist”. And for your claims of “I would NEVER [XYZ] illegal”, I’ll bet the thought has crossed your mind more than once.

May fortune bless you for this noble work. My hat goes off to you on this point. Truly. Thank you. 🙏 Because cancer has been taking more and more people I know, and just… motherfuck cancer. Worthy of mention / relevant: the aforementioned Dr. Nichols has done groundbreaking work on Parkinson’s treatments as an adjunct to his studies of psychedelics.

And but we each have our own station in life, right? Thank God for you and those like you who love working on cancer drugs. Meanwhile, though not of the same life-saving importance, thank God for those of us willing to make sacrifices and take the enormous risk of clandestine manufacture of psychedelics, empathogens, and useful stimulants. Without underground chemists, we would not have these blessed sacraments that mean so much to so many of us.

The best of the best don’t go to jail. You never hear about these people of course because… they got in and got out.

Also, unless you‘re remarkably clever at hiding money, if you get busted, chances are that money goes bye bye. To be more precise, that money is confiscated by the Feds under forfeiture laws. They keep that money and spend it on their own extra-budgetary desires.

I was incarcerated for manufacturing in the late 90s / early 2000s. I don’t want to reveal too many details, so let’s just say I had to do over a half decade but fewer than ten years. I was manufacturing MDMA, MDA, and methamphetamine primarily, along with a handful of uncommon phenethylamines like DMMDA-2 and its n-methyl derivative, 2C-i, and a few other odds and ends.

These years of crime and subsequent punishment were a pretty interesting experience when I think back and focus on the highlights. This is true of both the clandestine operation and the experience of incarceration. But again: highlights. The entire experience was emotionally taxing, difficult on my family, and financially—though initially thrilling in how much money pours in—when considered along w/the period of incarceration making $0.45/hour in prison wages (read: 13th Amendment slave wages), overall it was a terrible financial move. I openly admit I made some mistakes and had plenty of time to think about them, refine my knowledge of the law and how law enforcement and prosecutors operate, and conclude that in terms of risk versus reward, future clandestine plans would not be worth it for yours truly. It takes the right set of circumstances, sophisticated means of deception in order to procure chemicals and equipment, a good industry cover / decoy motive in a legit industry, and some strong criminal defense strategies in place as contingencies just in case things go sour – plausible deniability and such. Then, it might be worth it for a payout of at least several million dollars. It cannot be understated how massive the risk can be though…

I said this? When? I mean, after all, it has happened before. I think the rate of chemists going rouge, as it were, probably drops off significantly from bachelor’s degree to master’s degree, and even more so with those who spring for their PhD. But that’s just my best conjecture.

Or they’re naturally smart, know how to read and teach themselves chemistry and put effort into making sure they don’t miss any important blind spots in their self-administered education. People with formal educations sometimes find it hard to believe autodidacts exist and can possess knowledge equal to—or sometimes surpassing—that of their own.

If we’re discussing mass producers, then yes I agree. Otherwise, what’s the point of mass production if not profit? When discussing smaller lab operators who produce either very rare or very pure products, then I think the motivations are not solely monetary, if at all.

Code:
[/ EndRant]

If you could look back on your time and think, and of course feel free to not answer this if it’s getting too personal but… What would you have done differently? What got you caught up? Was it sourcing stuff or someone with loose lips?

-GC

I'll throw a counter out there, everyone knows who gamma goblin is and his legendary acid... also his SUPER pure MDMA that he says all reagents are of a certain grade and even mentioned using HPLC grade water, EXPENSIVE AS HELL, for his productions, purify etc.... what would you think his motives are? Profit or Service to the HR community
Your correct the untrained chemist wouldn't know reaction mechanisms but could follow a cooke book But advance and change reactions if he was to run into sa problem of mine ore courser to another. Joe couldn't solve that problem because he was trained in only one synthesis route.

I'll throw a counter out there, everyone knows who gamma goblin is and his legendary acid... also his SUPER pure MDMA that he says all reagents are of a certain grade and even mentioned using HPLC grade water, EXPENSIVE AS HELL, for his productions, purify etc.... what would you think his motives are? Profit or Service to the HR community
Your correct the untrained chemist wouldn't know reaction mechanisms but could follow a cooke book But advance and change reactions if he was to run into sa problem of mine ore courser to another. Joe couldn't solve that problem because he was trained in only one synthesis route.
No, that's what I'm saying. Not all self-taught chemists are the same. Formal education mainly is there to verify that one has learned a thing. But if someone can demonstrate they have both the knowledge and the comprehension equivalent to having a degree, and especially if they have the relevant experience in industry, then the education being "formal" isn't necessary. It's just a nice thing to have, but please be careful not to underestimate those who self-teach.

As to GG, well now we're comparing LSD producers to MDMA producers (yes, I know GG offers MDMA as well, but primarily it's all about that LSD). Again, I'm generalizing and there will always be exceptions to prove the rule, so to speak. Either way, good counter. His motives are likely a mixture of profit and service.

What would you have done differently? What got you caught up? Was it sourcing stuff or someone with loose lips?
It was a combination. I was seeking a new source for sassafras oil because the local store I used ran out. Their new batch evidently had safrole replaced with something in a similar boiling range… So I get two new sources, but one had been compromised by DEA following a lab bust in Detroit that led to this source's discovery. This source was outside the U.S., meaning: I had imported what had only recently become a List I precursor, but this automatically made it federal jurisdiction.

Prior to this, sassafras oil was not watched and I was banging out modified p-benzo Wacker oxidations, going safrole → MDP-2-P, followed by reductive amination via drip addition of nitromethane, MeOH and dH₂O in the presence of an Al/Hg amalgam. Methylamine forms in situ and it was nice and neat, tidy with good yields. Cleaned it up meticulously, and it was pure 🔥

Regret is sometimes a useless emotion. I'm happy in life. I love my GF. I make good money doing things I enjoy, and I live in a cool city with lots of opportunities and culture. So it's hard to say I would've done things differently, ya know? But in terms of avoiding legal troubles, well, for one thing, I was young and impatient. Any time you think the heat is on and the fuzz is watching you, the best thing to do is lay low and be quiet. Stop what your doing and let time pass. Law enforcement doesn't have the budget to keep watching you in these situations if they are indeed doing surveillance. I could've probably avoided arrest had I heeded this advice. I had a feeling some agency was watching me, but I put it out of my head as merely paranoia. I shouldn't have let my guard down perhaps.

I also could've been more aware of both federal and state statutes for manufacturing so I would've had a better feeling of what the risk was I was running. Also, it would've been slick to have the front door to the lab house on a frame that is itself suspended on springs that attach to the rest of the house. The springs absorb shock to the point that battering rams become useless. This might've bought me enough time to destroy the sassafras precursor or flush it down the toilet, whatever it took to get that damning, time-fetching precursor out of my possession… Oh yeah and also the pseudoephedrine. But eh, you live; you learn.

Last edited:
I think you underestimate the depth of knowledge freely available from the Internet. And before this vast glut of knowledge, there was still a plethora of science journals available on microfiche. I'm just saying: if you can read you can teach yourself virtually anything.

I think you underestimate the depth of knowledge freely available from the Internet. And before this vast glut of knowledge, there was still a plethora of science journals available on microfiche. I'm just saying: if you can read you can teach yourself virtually anything.
You dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a f----n' education you coulda' got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public library.

You dropped a hundred and fifty grand on a f----n' education you coulda' got for a dollar fifty in late charges at the public library.

If you are determined enough…

I’m an example of someone completely self taught. When I was a young stupid teenager of 17-18 I dreamed of becoming a big time chemist that had the best parties. That never came to fruition but the knowledge is fun to have nonetheless. Maybe someday these things will be legal or society will be in such chaos it simply won’t matter. Either way I’ll be ready.

I remember at that age looking at methyl man and brightstars write ups. So simple and easy now but then it was literally like reading a foreign language. I just kept reading it, repeatedly over and over. In the end I’ve probably read those front to back over 100 times each. Each time I’d search words I didn’t understand, eventually gaining an idea of the concepts and chemicals used.

Next was the Hive Archive. I’ve probably read every post there a couple times each, some many more. With each new piece of information I was able to draw conclusions and bring it all together. I seem to have an amazing memory for visibly reading information.

Rhodium archive, research studies and patents, etc..

All of this was free and done by someone who barely graduated high school with a 1.0gpa and never excelled in academic settings. I made it less than week at a 2yr cuz I just can’t get myself to do it.

Drug experiences can be extremely powerful motivators to learn this type of information. For me at the time we were heading into the worst MDMA drought anyone had ever seen and in my mind ecstasy was going to be gone forever if I didn’t try to do something about it.

Now I’m twice that age, MDMA is freely available and cheap. There’s really no need to even try to synth these drugs when someone else can assume all the risk. I’m willing to pay the premium to not do the time.

-GC

If you are determined enough…

I’m an example of someone completely self taught. When I was a young stupid teenager of 17-18 I dreamed of becoming a big time chemist that had the best parties. That never came to fruition but the knowledge is fun to have nonetheless. Maybe someday these things will be legal or society will be in such chaos it simply won’t matter. Either way I’ll be ready.

I remember at that age looking at methyl man and brightstars write ups. So simple and easy now but then it was literally like reading a foreign language. I just kept reading it, repeatedly over and over. In the end I’ve probably read those front to back over 100 times each. Each time I’d search words I didn’t understand, eventually gaining an idea of the concepts and chemicals used.

Next was the Hive Archive. I’ve probably read every post there a couple times each, some many more. With each new piece of information I was able to draw conclusions and bring it all together. I seem to have an amazing memory for visibly reading information.

Rhodium archive, research studies and patents, etc..

All of this was free and done by someone who barely graduated high school with a 1.0gpa and never excelled in academic settings. I made it less than week at a 2yr cuz I just can’t get myself to do it.

Drug experiences can be extremely powerful motivators to learn this type of information. For me at the time we were heading into the worst MDMA drought anyone had ever seen and in my mind ecstasy was going to be gone forever if I didn’t try to do something about it.

Now I’m twice that age, MDMA is freely available and cheap. There’s really no need to even try to synth these drugs when someone else can assume all the risk. I’m willing to pay the premium to not do the time.

-GC

My boy's wicked smaht…

EDIT:
[crickets chirp]

No Good Will Hunting Fans in here?

Last edited:

-GC
I'm always somewhat aware of it. That's why I use bite guards or a pacifier, or a ring pop.

Yes, I used to go to parties and clubs with a pacifier, what the British call a dummy, in my mouth so I didn't chew the shit out of my cheeks.

Things have changed and I don't normally roll outside of the home, however, I still protect myself from the gurn.

I'm always somewhat aware of it. That's why I use bite guards or a pacifier, or a ring pop.

Yes, I used to go to parties and clubs with a pacifier, what the British call a dummy, in my mouth so I didn't chew the shit out of my cheeks.

Things have changed and I don't normally roll outside of the home, however, I still protect myself from the gurn.
Chewing gum better?

Chewing gum better?
No chewing gum is exponentially worse. When you're not paying attention. You don't realize you're chewing on your cheeks instead of just the gum. Plus pacifiers are better than sucking on candy all night cuz too much candy messes up the inside of your mouth.

Sucking on the pacifier also keeps your mouth from getting too dry. And you don't get crazy thirsty either. So no chance of hyponatremia.

Yea also if your forget the gum and keep chewing eventually it’ll get all nasty on you. I’ve seen that happen to people and much quicker than usual cuz of the gurn.

In the end, I’m of the belief if you’re gurning too hard you may have taken too much. I also consume enough magnesium which I think has negated any gurning as I’ve gotten older. A little is understandable but I’m not one to dose where my jaw is swinging.

-GC

Yea also if your forget the gum and keep chewing eventually it’ll get all nasty on you. I’ve seen that happen to people and much quicker than usual cuz of the gurn.

In the end, I’m of the belief if you’re gurning too hard you may have taken too much. I also consume enough magnesium which I think has negated any gurning as I’ve gotten older. A little is understandable but I’m not one to dose where my jaw is swinging.

-GC
I get it from any stimulant , if the dose is enough to be fun, it's going to cause me gurn.

So you walk around with a dummy in your mouth??🤣

Not anymore, but back in the day. I had one with the little clippy attached to my shirt so it couldn't get lost.

Definitely walked around with it in my mouth at the club because everybody knew what the fuck was going on.

This was late '90s early 2000s. If you were at a club, an underground party or rave and you DIDN'T see people walking around with pacifiers, that was strange.