• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

What is wrong with the MDMA available today? - v2

Fuck Yes. Someone finally said…very eloquently, what needed to be said on this 5 YEAR OLD thread. I agree with all your posts above @Kaden_Nite
I second that sentiment nicely put, @Kaden_Nite.

EDIT: to be fair, I think if nothing else, this whole thread certainly calls to question the reliability of drug sample testing services.

Last edited:
You mean the MDMA powder that you've never produced a sample of for testing? The stuff made by your 'chemist friend' who can't even provide a basic analysis of his product or contribute some simple tests of the problematic imitation MDMA that you claim has flooded the world.

Sorry, but that's all bullshit, and I'm not going to be lectured on the effects of quality product by someone who started a thread complaining about their MDMA and has continued to do so for five years.

Your attitude regarding MDMA (and drugs in general) is unbelievably ignorant and doesn't at all reflect the realities of long term use, side effects or personal variability. Keep telling yourself that MDMA is some perfect drug with no potential downsides if you want, but don't give me that crap
You mean the MDMA powder that you've never produced a sample of for testing? The stuff made by your 'chemist friend' who can't even provide a basic analysis of his product or contribute some simple tests of the problematic imitation MDMA that you claim has flooded the world.

Sorry, but that's all bullshit, and I'm not going to be lectured on the effects of quality product by someone who started a thread complaining about their MDMA and has continued to do so for five years.

Your attitude regarding MDMA (and drugs in general) is unbelievably ignorant and doesn't at all reflect the realities of long term use, side effects or personal variability. Keep telling yourself that MDMA is some perfect drug with no potential downsides if you want, but don't give me that crap.
Lol okay Karen. You’re getting all worked up and babbling over something of which you apparently know nothing about. Haven’t sent any samples in? I sure did sweetheart. To EcstasyData.org. MDMA:1 same as all the crap I sent in. No difference in results. Where have you been? You want to call bullshit on what? Your arrogance? When did you start doing ecstasy Karen? I mean since you’re so knowledgeable. What, 20 years, 30 years ago? Probably more like 5 and all of a sudden you’re gonna write a book on the subject. Open your fucking mind. Listen to what I’m saying. Don’t try and pretend you’re some knowledgeable pessimistic glass half empty kind of drug guru who just happens to write very eloquently. You’re not. Not even close. You’re just some chick online posting bullshit about something you know nothing about and trying to convince others that everything is bullshit. It’s not. The MDMA today sucks. Period. It ain’t me, it’s the shit. You live close to me Karen? I’d be half tempted to shove some of this down your throat and listen to what you have to say then. Hypothetically speaking of course. PM me if so. Back to the subject. There are markers and indicators that are visual that can easily detect new shit from old school shit. Complete pupil dilation. This is non-negotiable. If your MDMA does not dilate your pupils all the way to the outer edge of your eyeball, there is something wrong with your MDMA. Again, non-negotiable. Tactile enhancement. If tactile sensitivity is not increased 1000 fold, there is something wrong with your MDMA. Taste sensitivity. If taste sensitivity is not increased 1000 fold, there is something wrong with your MDMA. You talk about people with negative experiences on MDMA. For the first 25 years I did ecstasy of which I did it very very often and with many many others, no one ever said that. That’s weird don’t you think. The only time that ever came up was when someone did something sold to them as ecstasy that actually wasn’t. Piperazine, meth laced pills etc. But nowadays that kind of statement is commonplace. You don’t find that odd Karen? But again, you know more than I do so what the fuck am I even talking about. I can tell you that I partied like a rockstar from the mid-80s all the way until the early 2000s but you’ll just call bs so what’s the use. I’ve done more drugs than many who’ve overdosed and died over the years. Many of them my good friends including my best friend in ‘97. I started doing blow when it was an enjoyable drug and started making my own In the early 2000s once good blow became a thing of the past. I’m going to tell you this even though you obviously already know the answer…cocaine is a wonderful drug. Conversation flows like newborn Buddhas, extremely animalistic sexually, you can see for miles, a complete feeling of euphoria and a feeling of being on top of the world, better than anyone else, as good as it gets, a complete contradiction to the blow available on the streets today. I’m sure you already knew that though, right? I’m not a chemist but I learned how to make it on my own by listening to those more knowledgeable than me. Something you should probably take note of biscuit. You want to sit back in your little chair at your computer and bash on others more knowledgeable than you because you got some stick up your ass then that’s your choice. My suggestion is that you listen to what I’m saying and believe it and be a part of the solution rather than just adding to the problem. It happened to cocaine and now it’s happened to ecstasy. That’s a fact whether you want to believe it or not. I’m not going to sit here and go back-and-forth with you arguing over who knows more or who’s done more. I already know the answer. This is the last time I will engage with you. Unless you have something constructive to add to the conversation. Have a great Christmas and a happy holiday. Le Junk drops the mic.

Last edited:
Yo

EDIT: to be fair, I think if nothing else, this whole thread certainly calls to question the reliability of drug sample testing services

EDIT: to be fair, I think if nothing else, this whole thread certainly calls to question the reliability of drug sample testing services.
Your EDIT is 100% correct.

Quick update. The 84% MDMA sample that turns Simon's purple did not show any additional contaminants or byproducts on a second evaluation at higher concentration.

The 80% MDMA sample that turns Simon's blue showed MDDMA on second evaluation.

I will try to get two photos of the two different reactions to post here.

Anyone with chemistry knowledge care to theorize on these two different Simon's responses?

Lol okay Karen. You’re getting all worked up and babbling over something of which you apparently know nothing about. Haven’t sent any samples in? I sure did sweetheart. To EcstasyData.org. MDMA:1 same as all the crap I sent in. No difference in results. Where have you been? You want to call bullshit on what? Your arrogance? When did you start doing ecstasy Karen? I mean since you’re so knowledgeable. What, 20 years, 30 years ago? Probably more like 5 and all of a sudden you’re gonna write a book on the subject. Open your fucking mind. Listen to what I’m saying. Don’t try and pretend you’re some knowledgeable pessimistic glass half empty kind of drug guru who just happens to write very eloquently. You’re not. Not even close. You’re just some chick online posting bullshit about something you know nothing about and trying to convince others that everything is bullshit. It’s not. The MDMA today sucks. Period. It ain’t me, it’s the shit. You live close to me Karen? I’d be half tempted to shove some of this down your throat and listen to what you have to say then. Hypothetically speaking of course. PM me if so. Back to the subject. There are markers and indicators that are visual that can easily detect new shit from old school shit. Complete pupil dilation. This is non-negotiable. If your MDMA does not dilate your pupils all the way to the outer edge of your eyeball, there is something wrong with your MDMA. Again, non-negotiable. Tactile enhancement. If tactile sensitivity is not increased 1000 fold, there is something wrong with your MDMA. Taste sensitivity. If taste sensitivity is not increased 1000 fold, there is something wrong with your MDMA. You talk about people with negative experiences on MDMA. For the first 25 years I did ecstasy of which I did it very very often and with many many others, no one ever said that. That’s weird don’t you think. The only time that ever came up was when someone did something sold to them as ecstasy that actually wasn’t. Piperazine, meth laced pills etc. But nowadays that kind of statement is commonplace. You don’t find that odd Karen? But again, you know more than I do so what the fuck am I even talking about. I can tell you that I partied like a rockstar from the mid-80s all the way until the early 2000s but you’ll just call bs so what’s the use. I’ve done more drugs than many who’ve overdosed and died over the years. Many of them my good friends including my best friend in ‘97. I started doing blow when it was an enjoyable drug and started making my own In the early 2000s once good blow became a thing of the past. I’m going to tell you this even though you obviously already know the answer…cocaine is a wonderful drug. Conversation flows like newborn Buddhas, extremely animalistic sexually, you can see for miles, a complete feeling of euphoria and a feeling of being on top of the world, better than anyone else, as good as it gets, a complete contradiction to the blow available on the streets today. I’m sure you already knew that though, right? I’m not a chemist but I learned how to make it on my own by listening to those more knowledgeable than me. Something you should probably take note of biscuit. You want to sit back in your little chair at your computer and bash on others more knowledgeable than you because you got some stick up your ass then that’s your choice. My suggestion is that you listen to what I’m saying and believe it and be a part of the solution rather than just adding to the problem. It happened to cocaine and now it’s happened to ecstasy. That’s a fact whether you want to believe it or not. I’m not going to sit here and go back-and-forth with you arguing over who knows more or who’s done more. I already know the answer. This is the last time I will engage with you. Unless you have something constructive to add to the conversation. Have a great Christmas and a happy holiday. Le Junk drops the mic.
Man, chill down. There's plenty of good MDMA out there. I assure you. 💞🤍🙏

Quick update. The 84% MDMA sample that turns Simon's purple did not show any additional contaminants or byproducts on a second evaluation at higher concentration.

The 80% MDMA sample that turns Simon's blue showed MDDMA on second evaluation.

I will try to get two photos of the two different reactions to post here.

Anyone with chemistry knowledge care to theorize on these two different Simon's responses?
Interesting. Was it the same bottle of Simon's? Apparently the standard Simon's reagent has contains Acetaldehyde and gives blue in response to secondary amines, but some preparations substitute that with acetone, which gives purple in the presence of primary amines.

My first (approximate) use started 32 years ago, So about 19888 it was already ilegalized. Mdea was legal in that beginner era for me. They were blisterpacked. I discovered MDMA quite late but after getting a bit used to it. I begin to notice a difference between pills'

As example there were Marlboro's going round with a high dose. There was even an emergency newspaper announcement. 110 mg be aware. But the Audi's. That were also available , which contained only 70 mg. Felt way better.

Like wise for the so called in a laboratory made white powder, I could get. Rubbish. There was a lot of variety in quality. And no clue what the cause was My first thought was wrong ratio of isomer's. But that was debunked pretty Early,

But a smple MDMA = MDMA is ime not true. . To bad I never bought MehDMA, as I quitted long ago,

Last edited:
Interesting. Was it the same bottle of Simon's? Apparently the standard Simon's reagent has contains Acetaldehyde and gives blue in response to secondary amines, but some preparations substitute that with acetone, which gives purple in the presence of primary amines.

Same exact bottles of Simon's from Dancesafe. Tests performed on the same day. Any time I get a weird Simon's reaction, I cross-check with a sample that I know turned blue previously. I do this to make certain that the reagent is not bad. Yes, it is an older bottle, but it turns one sample blue and the other sample purple.

I am going to order a new Simon's kit and see what the results look like with a brand new kit.

Man, chill down. There's plenty of good MDMA out there. I assure you. 💞🤍🙏

I see you are in Lima. After following this thread for many years, I have come to sincerely believe there are regional variations at play. Another vehement poster to the thread also disbelieved in the possibility of "meh" product. He was isolated in New Zealand and only exposed to that region's product. He did not believe in the validity of what we were talking about until he also started to see the "meh" product begin to appear in his area.

Please be open to the possibility that what you are encountering in Lima is not the same as what other people are encountering in other parts of the world. I recall a few other people in Peru who posted over the years about having access to good product, so it is very possible you have different supply chains in that region.

I don't doubt there is plenty of good MDMA out there as well as plenty of subpar MDMA. What you get seems to depend largely on your location and connections.

Same exact bottles of Simon's from Dancesafe. Tests performed on the same day. Any time I get a weird Simon's reaction, I cross-check with a sample that I know turned blue previously. I do this to make certain that the reagent is not bad. Yes, it is an older bottle, but it turns one sample blue and the other sample purple.

I am going to order a new Simon's kit and see what the results look like with a brand new kit.
Ah right ok. Well as far as I can tell, standard Simon's is either no reaction or blue for everything except MXE which goes from pink to red. Could it be MDMA + MXE = blue + red = purple? Maybe that's dumb but just a thought.

Ah right ok. Well as far as I can tell, standard Simon's is either no reaction or blue for everything except MXE which goes from pink to red. Could it be MDMA + MXE = blue + red = purple? Maybe that's dumb but just a thought.
Not according to IEC who ran the sample twice. They say there is nothing there but MDMA.

I see you are in Lima. After following this thread for many years, I have come to sincerely believe there are regional variations at play. Another vehement poster to the thread also disbelieved in the possibility of "meh" product. He was isolated in New Zealand and only exposed to that region's product. He did not believe in the validity of what we were talking about until he also started to see the "meh" product begin to appear in his area.

Please be open to the possibility that what you are encountering in Lima is not the same as what other people are encountering in other parts of the world. I recall a few other people in Peru who posted over the years about having access to good product, so it is very possible you have different supply chains in that region.

I don't doubt there is plenty of good MDMA out there as well as plenty of subpar MDMA. What you get seems to depend largely on your location and connections.
I've had meh before on like 5 occasions in a 10 year span but there's aloooooot of good MDMA out there. I've also came across some off white nasty RCs throughout the years, although as the years went by I've gained better and better contacts, trust me there's a shitload of good pills and powder here at least. I have a theory tho, it probably has to do something with the cocsine supply. Since Lima is a port city(they always have the best quality drugs) + it's a capital city. Now add to that the fact that we are the biggest cocsine supplier, we send tons and tons of 95%+ good quality yay to the NL ea year. I think in exchange of the blow some dealers make the Dutch peeps send good pills/powder here. Idk i could be wrong, it's just a theory I have but the quality here issssss very consistent.

Not according to IEC who ran the sample twice. They say there is nothing there but MDMA.
If that were true and it was standard Simon's reagent it shouldn't be turning purple, it should be blue.

I mean, we know IEC aren't analysing to a forensic standard, it's just a case of what percentage of what contaminant would be required to make the colour change. That is either falling below their detection threshold or not in their database

Mod edit: The old thread has gone over 250 pages a while ago, which is about the length we use as a soft limit for threads, which lessens the impact on our database. As such, this is the new iteration of the "What is wrong with the MDMA available today?" thread. The previous iteration of this thread can be found here

NOTE: A handy draft summary (work-in-progress) of some of the key content covered in this thread can be accessed ⫸HERE⫷

See the second post by indigoaura in this thread for a thorough explanation of the same concepts and an overview of relevant research and theories

Let me first give you a little background. I'm 51 years old and started doing ecstasy the last year it was legal in 1985. Needless to say the legal ecstasy from the so called "Dallas Group" was nothing short of spectacular. In 1988 I made a connection with someone from the San Francisco area who was in the production field of making MDMA. I have maintained that friendship and connection ever since with only small periods of downtime. The MDMA I get from him is an extremely fine bleach white crystalline powder that is fluffy and lays just like snow. The high from this MDMA takes about 10-15 minutes to take effect and the high is always the same. An extremely smooth come up followed by excessive love and empathy. You will literally melt into the person you're with and sex is out of this world. Touch and feel is heavenly. All you want to do is touch and feel on the person youre with and tell them how beautiful they are and how much you love them etc. There are massive eye wiggles and conversation flows like new born buddas. The come down is just as smooth as the come up. It drops you off just like a feather and sleep comes like a baby. The next day is nothing short of spectacular. You wake up feeling anti-depressed and chatty. You'll want to talk on the phone, visit friends or just drive around and enjoy the day with the top down. It's all I've ever known as an MDMA experience.

Now that brings me to modern day MDMA. There was a period back in the early 2000's when my connection was down and I scored pills from a local guy. They were great and with some very small exceptions, nearly as good as my crystalline powder. But once again I've been forced to score something locally and the stuff is just plain crap. And I mean crap. I've done both the orange Tesla's and the red Supremes. Absolutely awful, but from reading the trip reports on Pillreports, you would have thought they were the best ever. They're actually anything but. I had both of these pills tested on ecstasydata and both came back as pure MDMA.

Both of them took about 30-40 minutes to kick in and when they did, there was a slight feeling of euphoria and empathy that quickly faded and from there on out it was just a fucked up buzz. There were eye wiggles, but I wasn't feeling good when they were happening. I became extremely tired and kind of gacked out. The high from these pills seemed to last forever, maybe just because they sucked so much. I felt like a crackhead on the comedown and the next day felt like a bad MDA hangover. There was no next day afterglow at all. Just a different kind of fucked up than the night before. And that lasted the entire next day. There is a HUGE giveaway that youre doing todays crappy MDMA. Your pupils will not dialate all the way to the very edge like old school ecstasy. With old school ecstasy your pupils consume literally all of the color in your eye with only a microscopic sliver of color left around the outer edge. With modern day ecstasy your pupils will only dialate to slightly beyond normal if at all. Thats a big giveaway youre doing new school MDMA junk.

Before you jump to the assumption that this Le Junk guy is just old, hes done way to much ecstasy over the course of his lifetime and this is just a matter of tolerance, please re-read my post stating that I still have access to old school MDMA that Ive had since the 1980s. So in one hand I have modern day lab tested MDMA crap and in the other hand, old school MDMA heaven. So tolerance is out the window. Moving forward...

My question is this. Is this the best there is out there today? And since both pills tested on ecstasydata as pure MDMA, what is wrong with MDMA production nowdays? Does anyone else feel what I'm talking about here? My setting is pretty much always the same so that's not it. I always hear people talk about the setting as if that's an issue. With the crystalline powder, it doesn't matter where I am, it's always great. But with these Supremes and Teslas, it's just a sub-par, little euphoria, no real love or empathy, fucked up kinda buzz. Let me put it this way, if this was all that was available to me, I'd quit taking MDMA altogether. Terrible!
You got the real deal which came from Safrole and was made perfectly and probably 99% pure! Now MDMC is identical to that but 75% as strong. Has same exact properties but not as exhillerating. Thing is the molly is really just a key ; it's the dopamine and serotonin as well as other links that do the magic. There is NO creation of exact MDMA from Safrole to MDA to MDMA. Nobody is that capable except maybe ONE COUNTRY and damn well is NOT USA....shit nobody even drives American cars , maybe trucks but ie Engineers are BS scum bags with hired because of degrees and no chemical engineering is done in USA NONE! Got to look up what and where most Pharmacueticals come from and who actually creates the base for most. Well I can name only about 10 countries and they are in Europe or Asia. I looked up the amount of so called process -it's like something in uncle Fester's lab? Now good thing is the God of real MDMA bless his soul ALexander Shulgin did design so many many of the RCs that are even to my experience -Incredible !!! Just my past experience and I have had Sass , MDA and the Real MDMA. But times have also changed radically and we lost huge amount of that super Atoms ie brain receptors at our age. I am little older but raved like hell in 90s and early 2000s. Now there is one Hell of a Chem I found. Reply and tell you because I never ever knew it was created but Nichols who also worked with Shulgin creator of Molly made it in 60s. Got super cool street name too. This one is synthetic version of meth and safe ...but as all of them This DEMONIC GOVERNMENT banned it long ago. :shrug::headbang:

So what you are trying to find out was already happening in the 80's 90's there was meh and MDMA.

And dosage had no relation with this. Weird as the APB's don't seem to share this.

What response does the acetaldehyde give to primary amines (or does it only respond to secondary)? And vice versa for the acetone - same question.

I think no reaction, but don't take my word for it
Thus depending on which chemical the reagent contains, its results would either be consistent with the chart Dancesafe provides or exactly opposite, no?

One could theoretically determine which is the case by testing a known negative (such as sugar or acetaminophen as Dancesafe suggest). When reacted, my Simon reagent turns a deep indigo - I cannot discern if it's blue or purple.

Thus depending on which chemical the reagent contains, its results would either be consistent with the chart Dancesafe provides or exactly opposite, no?

One could theoretically determine which is the case by testing a known negative (such as sugar or acetaminophen as Dancesafe suggest). When reacted, my Simon reagent turns a deep indigo - I cannot discern if it's blue or purple.
Merry Christmas all. Well the primary/secondary ones would be swapped yes, but I think blank for everything else for either simon's preparation. Only other reaction that I know of is the red one for MXE from this page

But @indigoaura used the same bottle for both substances and it gave a clear blue vs purple for the two substances respectively, which as far as I can tell shouldn't happen unless there's some other stuff in there. Or maybe the MDDMA made the reaction bluer for some reason?

EDIT: Just looked at the bunk police site and they're suggesting quite a few substances would give the red tinge so I don't know
EDIT 2: And table 8 here

Last edited: