• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What is there to do during lockdown apart from drink?

Sorry for being a dick but I'm in lockdown since february 2020 and things like that just got to be shared more that the few visits during bug-in.

I hope it inspires people to good things <3

Using dissociatives extremely revved up my neuroplasticity, when that strain fell away and I was in a lockdown information, the only way to not kill the engine was get full speed into other types of information processing.

I insist that the heavy lifting my brain did with the intense dissociative use has improved my mental ability now that the pressure of those sessions is off. Even bones gets stronger if you beat them with a stick. Every part of you gets better if you use it more.

Last edited:
you know, being locked down with Covid, with supplies and a vat of rice like its a developing nation.. being confronted with the fact that given my health situation Covid might well kill me.. It brings your mind to the people who truly have next to nothing, have the rice at best, you think of your own mortality. What if you die, what do you leave behind? What have you done for the world?

What have you done for the world?
What has it done for me?

iu

@Asante i am confused- if you have been doing shit in africa and planting trees in orphanages you haven't been under lockdown? or you've been donating money? cos if the latter, well, i donate money but its a direct debit so i don't have to 'do' anything so it still gives me plenty of time to drnk and go insane looking at the same 4 walls.

well done for getting yourself off dissociatives especially in these trying times.

i have done productive stuff. i've got slightly less shit at the bass. i can now run 15k without having to crawl into bed straight after. i've shagged triss and yen in witcher 3. continued studying buddhism cos i think it'll make me happier and a better person. i've got a new job so ditched the abusive boss.

in terms of what i've done for the world under lockdown, i provided data analysis for a pilot study that killed off 80-100% of glioblastoma multiforme cells (this cancer is called the terminator for a reason) in mouse xenografts (i.e. fuck knows if it'll translate to humans) but that won't go anywhere cos the post doc who designed it got sacked and a 1st year phd student was given the project. ffs.

i am now working on an approach to helping out with covid that science deniers and anti vaxxers physically can't sabotage.

but i can do all that and still drink to the extent it significantly impacts my quality of life.

done a bit better these past 2 weeks, drank on more nights than i intended but not got insanely wasted at all.

What has it done for me?

iu

Maybe the world should repo what it did for you. You are what you eat, so your whole body is made from the foods the world grew for you, water the world pumped and purified for you, and oxygen the vegetable kingdom secreted for you. The world ejaculated for you, carried you to term, raised, educated, clothed and housed you and supplied you with the computer hardware and internet infrastructure to be ungrateful on.

On the signs by my wells I had 3 sentences put in their local language

I AM BECAUSE WE ARE
HELPING YOU HELPS ME
TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER

That goes for you too.

1) realize that you owe your existence to the community.
2) realize that helping others is in your selfinterest
3) realize that if we better work together we will achieve more

Chinup, excellent, what a fine use of your time, and the world truly is a better place because of it.

"He who saves one life saves the world entirely."

It starts with you.

You can pull a condom over your head as a means of very late contraception. If you didn't want to be born, try to make yourself useful, to yourself, to others, preferably both. I have a non healing ulcer on my leg since december. It hurts like hell. I didnt ask for that either. I make due, regardless. Life's a blessing and a curse, its up to us to flow with it or deal with it however we choose.

I have an objectively super miserable, fucked up life, but I give it meaning with things that resonate positively with others and myself. Therein lies my happiness and its robust now, despite the fact that objectively, to the outsider, its considerably more shit than for most. I work around that which is unchangable towards that which is desirable and achievable. My life is an artificial oasis that stays green because I haul the water for it every day, otherwise, it would be nothing but arid desert.

iu

I was born in this place, I'm meant to be grateful for that? Or my family members being executed? Or my city crumbling to the largest non nuclear blast in history? The world sure has a funny way of giving me gratitude.

I was just kidding with the above posts btw, don't be so srs all the time!

I'm happy you're happy.

I've helped people not die on this site, does that count?

Or does it have to be a village in Africa for sanctimonious points? ;)

to be fair that ugly building did need to go, a bit like this one:

BBC_picture_Arndale_centre_after_1996_bomb.jpg

its annoying i now have to specify which bomb was the best thing to ever happen to manchester after the more recent one where people actually died. wouldn't want to be accused of bad taste.

also is that not beirut? but i thought you were jordanian? i demand to see your passport!! bank details too just to make sure.

iu

I was born in this place, I'm meant to be grateful for that? Or my family members being executed? Or my city crumbling to the largest non nuclear blast in history? The world sure has a funny way of giving me gratitude.

I was just kidding with the above posts btw, don't be so srs all the time!

I'm happy you're happy.

With the news cycle as insane as it is, it is far too easy for issues such as this disgrace to fade from the front of folks minds but after spending my entire life as a professional rubbernecker with regards to the select tragedies the media have chosen to highlight over the years the Beirut disaster is something I have recently been looking at again, as notwithstanding the Karmic irony of such as reckless and random event occurring to a city and peoples that not only deserve so much better but that has been through so much pain in my living memory alone it was, being honest, the coolest looking awful thing I have seen since the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami back in 2011 and as is the case with such tragedies combined with the excess amount of time on my hands.

So, with that in mind one of my favourite YT mathematicians produced this video a few days ago...

...and with nothing of use, comfort or even basic humanitarian regard to offer, this cold and forensic look at what happened is one of the only ways that I have still managed to acknowledge, if not ever really appreciate, the pain and evil visited upon the residents of Beirut by this inexcusable display of societal recklessness.

You have plenty of family in the city Bella? Tell me to fuck off if I am being nosey but as I said, this will never be as real for me as it was for you or anyone else on and /or connected to those on the ground that fateful afternoon last August.

fucking hell that video is nuts, i had no idea what the actual root cause of that explosion was. so much destroyed and lives lost to save a bit of money.

the clinical delivery somehow makes it hit home more. if i feel like someone is telling me to care about something the contrarian in me will try not to.

been doing shit in africa and planting trees in orphanages you haven't been under lockdown? or you've been donating money?
I love how this main bit has been ignored completely. This fucknugget is deffo on some jankem.

the clinical delivery somehow makes it hit home more. if i feel like someone is telling me to care about something the contrarian in me will try not to.

That's the idea I was driving at, its almost impossible for stuff like this to get through to the majority who cannot relate, but having the raw physics explained as opposed to be told what to think is the best and least bias method for contemplating just how awful things like this are.

That's the idea I was driving at, its almost impossible for stuff like this to get through to the majority who cannot relate
yeah i completely get that.

it sounds awful but i kinda don't want to be able to relate. there's a lot of intergenerational trauma in my family and that is bad enough, really fucked my dad up. i don't know how people cope with having to deal with it first hand/having had shit happen to really close family members. its important for us to respect tragic global events, learn from them, and do what we can to prevent them/help in the aftermath, but hopefully we can cultivate compassion without needing direct experience. really wish @Bella Figura and his family all the best.