• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

What is the worst what can happen on cannabis?

Renald

Bluelighter
What are the worst possible physical and psychical symptoms, what could happen if you overdose cannabis?

high BPM and panic attacks for the most part.

possible PTSD if your experience really messes with your head.

Renald;138006e93 said:
what could happen if you overdose cannabis?

I read somewhere that your heart stops but only for a little while, like a few seconds tops, and then kicks back on before any real damage is done. that's where the strain name "Train Wreck" came from, iirc, because this shit would happen all the time and when your heart starts back up you still feel really shitty for a little while, like you've been hit by a train.

Also, I saw a dude throw up once but idk if he was ODing or just a pussy.

Allergic reaction is possible.

Negative interaction with LEO is more likely to cause suffering.

Self concious, paranoia, panic attack, tachycardia, anxiety and if one have depression symptoms, these could make worst. Many people see cannabis like a total innocuous substance, and that is a huge mistake.

but most of these acute physical and psychological symptoms, except for allergic reaction, occur almost exclusively at high doses. as long as I don't get too high I don't feel like this at all. edibles, too, are a good way to avoid feeling scared because of how sedative they are.

but most of these acute physical and psychological symptoms, except for allergic reaction, occur almost exclusively at high doses. as long as I don't get too high I don't feel like this at all. edibles, too, are a good way to avoid feeling scared because of how sedative they are.
Edibles are the worst for this by far can't titrate dose

^Edibles are potentially much more 'in your head'. The change from delta 9 thc to 11 changes the experience to a more psychedelic high.

Some mental conditions like schizophrenia may be exacerbated by using edibles.

IME the personal self diagnosis goes into turbo on edibles, if you are up for the personal makeover great but if not I'd stick to smoking.
I

Also, I saw a dude throw up once but idk if he was ODing or just a pussy.

I threw up the first time smoked. I think two things came in to play: one was I accidentally swallowed some of the smoke. Two was that my first evident symptom of being high was such a massive case of the munchies that I started drooling. Like, I couldn't have kept all that saliva in. So my body just went 'nope' and I upchucked.

I threw up the first time smoked. I think two things came in to play: one was I accidentally swallowed some of the smoke. Two was that my first evident symptom of being high was such a massive case of the munchies that I started drooling. Like, I couldn't have kept all that saliva in. So my body just went 'nope' and I upchucked.

It happens.

Your not gonna overdose on cannabis my friend, you'll just put yourself too sleep. I'm also a believer that "overdose" means you gonna die if you don't get to a hospital, or you gonna just die lol. I think you have to smoke up like 50 pounds within an hour for it to be lethal, something like that, something impossibly ridiculous.you might have a little "freak out" but your gonna be alright. Just don't become one of those self righteous "I'm better than you because I smoke" people.

Curious to see what the thc 'potential' OD quantity would actually be I have scoured the published academia on the subject.

While it has obviously never happened the amounts suggested went from 15000mg thc up to 95000mg. If your weed is decent @20%+ that's only 75-475 grams. I just can't see a way to smoke that much and stay conscious. I suppose eating it you could at least get it all in at once, but your body would only process it at a steady speed so you'd probably just pass it long before you picked it all up.

Would the fact that it is physically impossible to OD on weed make it safer than others medication like asprin or cough medicines?

Severe panic attacks for sure, with very high heart rate. I don't really believe the whole psychosis thing unless you are susceptible to that since it can induce some paranoia - but anxiety, absolutely.

Contrary to popular belief you don't always just go to sleep if you smoke too much. People can freak the fuck out both mentally and physically - even people who can handle stuff like LSD can have adverse reactions like that. I've seen it, healthy buddy who can trip on huge amounts of acid can't take a single puff without having extreme anxiety.

I agree that a negative interaction with LEOs would probably be one of the absolute worst things that could happen. As a matter of fact, this was the first thing to cross my mind when reading...

I suppose as a result of the increased heart rate it could contribute to a heart attack (tho that threat is higher even with things like caffeine, but I guess it's there). Other than that, panic attacks which could lead to ptsd, but I'd be surprised to see if that's happened more than just a handful of times.

Would the fact that it is physically impossible to OD on weed make it safer than others medication like asprin or cough medicines?

From the Wikipedia page on aspirin poisoning:

"Acute overdose has a mortality rate of 2%. Chronic overdose is more commonly lethal with a mortality rate as high as 25%. Chronic overdose may be especially severe in children. No antidotes currently exist for aspirin poisoning.

Signs and symptoms may range from mild nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, lethargy, tinnitus, and dizziness to severe such as seizure or cerebral edema depending on the dose consumed."

Aspirin is toxic as shit compared to cannabis.

You go for a bowl of cereal and realize.... there's no milk.

^ This is a very serious and real concern.

Also pretty much what everyone else has said.