• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
I wanted to clarify some stuff, most people have said that benzos are the worst to come off but which ones in particular?. I've been taking 3mg of Lorazepam (Ativan) for a year and now I've made the decision to come off of them. My psych changed me over to diazepam (Valium) as it has a longer half life etc. This is my 2nd week of reducing the dose by 2mg and I'm having no side effects at all. If all goes to plan then I should be clean after 3 months. Am I lucky or is it gonna get worse later?

It depends on the dosages and the half-life of the particular benzo. I think people consider short acting ones, e.g alprazolam aka Xanax, worse than longer acting ones, e.g diazepam aka Valium. But as far as I know, there is no painless way to get off. You will inevitably feel shit as your receptors get back to normal function. And it takes ages for that to end. In your case you just replaced one benzo with another longer acting one. I think the reason a lot of people consider benzos the worst to withdraw from is the length of the withdrawal and the severe mindfuck of the whole experience.

I experienced a moderate alcohol withdrawal once, and while it only lasted no more than a week for the main symptoms, it was still pretty bad and the mindfuck-y/anxious/hallucinatory aspect was the worst part. I can only begin to imagine what it feels like to be in that state for months. No thanks for me, I stay off benzos.

Opioid withdrawal on the other hand feels more organic. Yes, physically it's a hell of a ride, but I would say that there is that distinct feeling of "I know it'll be over soon, just need to wait patiently" and the mindspace is a lot clearer than with GABAergic withdrawal. It's also heaps shorter unless it's methadone or the likes one is withdrawing from.

That said, I think nothing compares to the not-unlike-datura experience that is benzo/GABAergic withdrawal. Oh, and it's bad for your membrane.

Feeling cold all the time is my most hated symptom. That and the puking my stomach bile because of empty stomach and no appetite. ..

I've already said it... methadone withdrawal. Fucking horrible for about a month...hot cold hot cold, drenched bed and clothes, changing the sheets and cloths aaaall the time, the shitstorm, mentally anguish, can't sleep, hate being awake, emotional wreck, begging God for a swift death. But it never comes....

I'm currently detoxing from heroin. Which is also Shitty but lasts a much shorter time.

As a recovering alcoholic i can confirm that it too is hell to come off. I drank a half gallon of vodka, straight, every 48 hours. Eventually forced to stop...and hell welcomed me eagerly.

Never done heroin, and I have WD from oxycodone and it sucked pretty bad. But when I had to stop taking Effexor it was the worst feeling ever. I had plenty of valium and Percocet at the time, and even those didn't help. Even now, when I hear the word Effexor I shudder...
I'm on Effexor, my script ran out and I c/t for 3 days, horrendous.
The worse drug for me is xanax, evil,evil,evil xanax. When I c/t from a habit of 8 mg a day, I wanted death to wrap his ugly claws around me. Now I'm back with a 6 mg habit a day. It's the devils drug.

Definitely the worst for me was benzodiazepines, altogether I was on valium & temazepam for 1.5 years. I stopped completely 2 months ago and I still get random withdrawals. It comes in waves, sometimes I feel good and then out of no where I'll become dysfunctional. The first few weeks are the worst, constantly having hot/cold flashes, fatigue, extreme tension headaches, loss of appetite, insomnia, restless legs, vibrating feeling in arms & legs, muscle twitches all over my body and moments of breathlessness. I got given valium accidentally by a doctor, her limited knowledge about my mental health conditions led to misuse of the drug & addiction over the period of 1.5 years. I started off on valium then tried to come off it by substituting it with temazepam. It's all the same chemical really just the half lives are very different and some benzo's last longer in your system than others do. Overall, the withdrawal has been really bad for me, even 2 months after quitting bento's I still feel moments of nothing where I feel dysfunctional like I can't even think or do anything. The doctors are all in denial & tell me that there is no chance that it could be benzo withdrawal. But I never used to feel like this before I started taking benzo's, so it must be them for sure. God bless & good luck with anyone going through this long and tormenting withdrawal process!

Worst withdrawal I've ever had was from alcohol and benzos at the same time... After a couple days I finally went to a detox facility and they gave me just enough Valium to keep me from dying, still very uncomfortable.

I suppose I shouldn't curse myself but I've never had vomiting during WD. A sick nauseous feeling yeah but no actual puke. Which is kind of weird considering I'm a puker I think it's safe to say I'm in the top 1% of frequent pukers (besides bulimics)

New user, just wanted to throw out my two cents and 20 years experience of a functional addict. I have been doctor prescribed heavy amounts of pain killers. Started out at the age of 15 both knees reconstructed given a new just on the market 1993, 6 - 20mg oxycodone quick release/day continuously updated till 2014 and ended my pill addiction at 6-30mg oc quick s and 2-80mg oc ops/day. This was prescribed by my doc. I was also buying and snorting/taking an additional 120 to 160 mg a day. I went cold Turkey npthing, it took 6 months to get back to a somewhat normal day. It sucks it was hell bit I figure if I can do it so can you bro. Now after a year I was given 12 mcg fentynal patches. I don't abuse them and I take a week off of them every time I feel like I'm wanting the high. It takes time, support and above all self esteem but anyone can do it.

I really would never get dope sick but I would get sick mentally; I would call my dude and say I need a G and he would tell me a half hour or an hour; so right there I just start thinking, fiending and sweating till I get the fix. but yet from when I would wake to the point of trying to pick up I'd be fine but when he tells me the time I start going fucking nuts. I would legit walk circles in my house and just look at the phone minute by fucking minute and always send out texts or another call to check in.

just typing that blows my mind I would ALWAYS act like that when picking up.

I really would never get dope sick but I would get sick mentally; I would call my dude and say I need a G and he would tell me a half hour or an hour; so right there I just start thinking, fiending and sweating till I get the fix. but yet from when I would wake to the point of trying to pick up I'd be fine but when he tells me the time I start going fucking nuts. I would legit walk circles in my house and just look at the phone minute by fucking minute and always send out texts or another call to check in.

just typing that blows my mind I would ALWAYS act like that when picking up.

This exactly.
It really doesn't get that bad until I know I'm gonna go pick up, then I feel so sick, it's crazy.

Hey Yall, Im a 12 yr pain management w/ fent.and perk 30 ,I got sick of the whole $hit racket ,pulled that patch off last friday. God Knows I Hurting So fin Bad ...No serious withdrawal symptoms up to 900 gabapentin,0 nausea diarrhea,only took 1a total of 6 mg of loperamide in 6 days.. Melatonin sleep aid and for anxiety 2 at a time. Zofran 0.4 mg as needed If I felt a bubble, I took 1 was takin muscle relaxer 4 mg Tizanidine Ok yall Heres the kicker ,I've been taking 300 mg a day of tramadol for the first time in my life sometimes.Now understand this Ive taken every other kind of opiate pain medication at first injectable mepergan. If you truly know,Tell me when to stop each meds Ill know what will come probably some ,so I can take it ! THANK AND BEST TO ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS STRUGGLING WITH THESE DEMONIC $HIT ,but at the time she was beautiful liar....Love and Peace,Wolf Singleton

"I destroy homes, tear families apart - take your children, and that's just the start.
I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold - the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.
And if you need me, remember I'm easily found.
I live all around you, in schools and in town.
I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe next door.
My power is awesome - try me you'll see.
But if you do, you may never break free.
Just try me once and I might let you go, but try me twice, and I'll own your soul.
When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie.
You'll do what you have to just to get high.
The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms, will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms.
You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad.
When you see their tears, you should feel sad.
But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised.
I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.
I take kids from parents, and parents from kids, I turn people from God, and separate from friends.
I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride, I'll be with you always, right by your side.
You'll give up everything - your family, your home, your friends, your money, then you'll be alone.
I'll take and I'll take, till you have nothing more to give.
When I'm finished with you you'll be lucky to live.
If you try me be warned this is no game.
If given the chance, I'll drive you insane.
I'll ravish your body, I'll control your mind.
I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine.
The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed.
The voices you'll hear from inside your head.
The sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see.
I want you to know, these are all gifts from me.
But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall not part.
You'll regret that you tried me, they always do.
But you came to me, not I to you.
You knew this would happen.
Many times you were told, but you challenged my power, and chose to be bold.
You could have said no, and just walked away.
If you could live that day over, now what would you say?
I'll be your master; you will be my slave.
I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.
Now that you have met me, what will you do?
Will you try me or not?
Its all up to you.
I can bring you more misery than words can tell.
Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell."
Signed
DRUGS

The depression- the lack of endorphins. Sitting in front of a TV and not even enjoying your favorite movie. Makes the time do by sooooo slowly. I feel it would be tenfold easier to withdrawal if bone-crushing depression wasn't involved.

Currently..... the terrible pain in my legs and lower back. Oh I wish It would go away D:

Insomnia is the one I struggle with most... It makes the days and nights drag on for what seems like eternity. Especially if you're trying to count down the days until you're 'supposed' to be feeling better.

Coming of H I suffer for a good 4 or 5 sleepless nights. Withdrawing from buprenorphine the insomnia was closer to 2 weeks!

I find that the insomnia also worsened my psychological health, making depression, anxiety and cravings a lot worse.