• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
I didn't experience any withdrawals from methamphetamine. Just slept in for a few days.

Heroin is by far worse.

Heroin withdrawal is pretty terrible for sure, incapacitating really... but, to be honest, heroin withdrawal is something a lot like having a bad case of the flu, and although I've never taken heroin intravenously, I think that heroin withdrawal is oftentimes made out to be a lot worse than it really is.

Yeah, you get the restless legs, the chills, sweating, nausea and diarrhea, and it's definitely not a good time and not something that I would sign up for, but it's manageable. After the first 48 hours or so, even with a sizable habit, you should begin feeling significantly better.

As for meth, well, I've never done meth, but I have taken my fair share of some pretty potent stimulants, and for me there's just no question as to which withdrawal is worse. Physically? Heroin. But mentally? Stimulants. And if someone held a gun to my head and told me that I would have to pick one to go through right now... I'd pick heroin. A few days, maybe a week of feeling physically ill? OK. A few MONTHS of feeling mind-fucked? Never again...

^ if you feel "significantly better" after 48 hours, I question your habit

IMO you can't even compare the two. I know a couple people that have gone to Meth to run away from H.

^ if you feel "significantly better" after 48 hours, I question your habit

I didn't say that you would be doing cartwheels, but yeah, on about the second or third day you should have at least quit shitting your brains out, pulled your head from out of the toilet, jumped in the shower, gone to bed and slept for more than a couple hours.

I think the worst of it is definitely in those first 24-48 hours; that seems to be my experience and the experience of others... but what do we know, I guess.

EDIT: And I'd say that the two are able to be compared. I'm not sure why heroin withdrawal could not or should not be compared to meth withdrawal even if one were decidedly the more terrifying of the two -- and obviously one is not or we would not be comparing the two as we are right now. Right?

Last edited:
Hmm, I dont know what to say, maybe your lack of IV experience made things different. At 48 it's usually the worse part of my detox. It's peak. Days 2-4 are hellish. Ill shit liquid til day 6 or 8. That's a several year IV habit though.

But you're right, who knows...

Hmm, I dont know what to say, maybe your lack of IV experience made things different. At 48 it's usually the worse part of my detox. It's peak. Days 2-4 are hellish. Ill shit liquid til day 6 or 8. That's a several year IV habit though.

Really? You're still getting hit hard on day 6?

Damn! Well, then I guess it really goes to show that there is no one "withdrawal formula" that every user falls into...

Yep, and I now take back my dismissal of Meth detox, as who am I to judge that. We're all different.

Much learning was done ITT haha

when I detoxed from h my first time, I was delirious, shitting my brains out, miserable beyond belief. I literally felt like I was dying. day 3/4 was the worst. day 8 I could finally sleep 2-3 hours. day 10 I ate a whole meal. day 20 I slept a whole 6 hours. day 30, first time I ate 3 whole meals. day 45 I slept 10 hours. day 60 I felt 80% normal. day 90 I was about 90%, 6months felt back to normal.

benzo withdrawal, is generally considered the worst. as the half life is so extremely long, and you cant really take anything to ease the WD's other than Gabapentin.. or likewise. Methadone is also terrible.

rohypnol 2mg is widely perscriped in denmark. even though its generally establish that a hypnotic benzodiazepine(well basically a sleeping pill that is way to strong) with a half life of 18–26 hours has no merit. you are just as sleepy the day after when you take it.
the standard junky in denmark is on benzoes heroine cocaine alcohol methadone and hashis and alcohol.
Everyone i know says benzo's are the worst

Most junkies are perscriped insane ammounts of benzos' because they know the crime rate will rise if they stop doing it.

i had a friend who was on 20mg clonazepam, 30mg flunitrazepam, and shooting dope and coke everyday. then he got busted for beating a cop and got behind bars. the heroine wd's are pretty much over in 3 days. but its the 3th day the real nightmare of benzo withdrawals begin. many weeks in hell. you are so week you couldnt even kill yourself if you wanted

stimulants is easy to get of. just eat diazepam for a week or so and eat healthy. the urge to do it again will be with you for the rest of your life. and you will probably do it again. 93% become re-addicted, even years after quitting meth....
People who is 12 stepping has a 5% success rate to succeed quitting there addiction

I think its about accepting that that in some periods of your life you rely on drugs to cope

48 hours is the absolute worst point of withdrawal from heroin.....thats when it really hits me, so I agree with what you're saying and I've been IVing heroin on and off 16 years...there's this myth that heroin withdrawal lasts 3 days....Simply not true....

When I first first started with barely a habit, I'd get over it in 3-5 days, but opiate WD lasts 7-10 days and beyond.....absolutely

I haven't known anyone who was addicted to heroin, but i read a few times on here people comparing heroin withdrawal to a bad flu. But i have read a lot and it seems like that heroin withdrawal is 100x times worse than a "bad" flu, but i'm not sure. On the other hand i think people underestimate how bitchy meth makes people, and how your body is aching everywhere and that sometimes you permanently damage your brain. I don't have experience with either in addiction, but since these two seem like the two biggest/worst street drugs, how would you compare them in terms of withdrawal and what sorts of different side effects do you experience that are different from one another
I've been through both and heroin withdrawal is definitely much much worse than meth withdrawal. You are correct that the medical descriptions of it being like a "bad flu" are totally inaccurate and under-exaggerate it. More like think of the worst flu you have ever had - involving diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, constant chills/hot flashes, nose running like crazy, abdominal pains, aches and pain in every part of your body, extreme fatigue, can't get comfortable - then combine that with extreme anxiety and restlessness, wanting to stab your legs (and/or arms) because they hurt so much and are kicking around, depression so bad you feel like you'd kill yourself if only you weren't too weak to do so, self-loathing, and then add the fact that time is seeming to crawl by making it feel like it will never end, and then imagine that you know there is a drug you could take that would make you instantly feel better. If that isn't torture I don't know what is.

First definately Benzos and Alcohol cause w/d off those can kill u but I've only done a hardcore heroin w/d a few times and that REALLY sucks!

Kicking 160mg OxyCodone after a 2 year binge cold-turkey was the most painful. Kicking 195mg a day of Methadone (for 5 years) even with suboxone was worse than kicking a 2 gram a day (smoked) heroin habit cold-turkey. Never quit IV Heroin CT, always had the methadone to fall back on.

From what I hear Benzo or Alcohol WD is the worst hands down, as an above poster said, cold-turkey benzo or alc can kill a healthy person.

BOOZE, BENZOS, OPIATES (The longer the half life the worse it is.. methadone and subs are the worst), NICOTINE, in what ever order you want, THEY ALL SUCK BAD

as far as cravings go i think the stimulants are for sure the worst, nicotine, coke, speed.:(

hmmm, there is only one that made both my lists, maybe i will have a M Red and think about this

at the peak of my scum-fuckery i was using 60 mg's of valium and 2-4mg's of xanax, hitting several crack rocks and rolling a few bowls of crystal, shooting a gram of dope and eating one or two 80 mg OC's. EVERY. DAMN. DAY. that detox was physically one of the worst experiences of my life, up there with salmonella, throat infections that would swell my tonsils up to keep me from breathing and burn like fire very time i tried, or torn muscles in my neck that literally kept me motionless for weeks, because every time i turned my head i would pass out from the pain. oddly, every kick i've had since then has gotten easier physically and exponentially more taxing on me psychologically and emotionally.

I chose alcohol - not from my experience, but based on what a relative went through.

I have only had WD's from poppies and hydrocodone, but they were not really bad. Quite unpleasant, but nothing extreme and I always got something else to make it easier when it really got to bothering me - DXM + Loperamide and/or these prescription diarrhea pills that contain a weak opiate. When I used loperamide, I took it with a plant extract that allows loperamide to cross the blood brain barrier at least some (I don't remember what it was, but it contained quinidine).
If I was meant only to go from what I have experienced, poppies are the worst. The after effects from mephedrone were worse, but I think that was due to a metabolite that builds up in the system as mephedrone is metabolized so it would not count as withdrawal, instead it would be an unavoidable after effect.

I'm sure benzos would be terrible to withdraw from from what I have heard. Barbiturates would be even worse. From my understanding, benzos, barbs, alcohol, and similar drugs are the worst as they have a significant chance of causing dangerous or even fatal withdrawal symptoms.