• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

What is the weather like where you are this holiday season?

^Brrr.

31 degree celsius (thats almost 88 fahrenheit) where I am currently going nowhere in life. Lovely and shady on my property though :)

Shit sucks.. projected 67 some days in a row under 32.. team is loosing. fire on the horizon though.. we shall see?

It's like cold enough where shit i should have worn gloves when carrying that mc Donald's bag in my hand.

Where I live, it's a bit colder than usual, 40s during the day and down into the 20s or 30s at night, though we had a 70 degree day last weekend. Where I'm going (Illinois to visit my family) for Christmas, I don't know what it'll be like yet, but last year on the day after Christmas when we left, it was -10 degrees outside without factoring in wind chill.

^Brrr.

31 degree celsius (thats almost 88 fahrenheit) where I am currently going nowhere in life. Lovely and shady on my property though :)

You and your upside-down seasons. :p

Pleasantly cool in Central Florida. 60s during the day, 40s at night the past few days, which made for great manatee watching at Blue Spring State Park

257em44.jpg

-24C, that's about -11F... yep that's damn cold! The coldest I've been in was -24F but it was quite windy so the wind chill was below -40F... even with 3 layers and a heavy winter coat, gloves, hat and scarf, my entire body was instantly so cold that it produced a panicky feeling and all I could think of was "gotta get inside gotta get inside". This was while exiting the car and running to the front door.

I've experienced probably -30F in Evanston, Illinois, walking to a Pace stop. The overnight low had been -36F in Chicago - air temp, not wind chill. Only my eyes were exposed to the air and I swear I could feel my eyeballs get cold. So I turned around, went back to my apartment and put on my lap swimming goggles. I got a few laughs from passers-by but I didn't care.

Last edited:
It's rained three times this month. That's a lot for San Francisco.

Weather is in the 50s in degrees Freedom or the 10s in degrees Communist. That's what those letters stand for, right?

I've experienced probably -30F in Evanston, Illinois, walking to a Pace stop. The overnight low had been -36F in Chicago - air temp, not wind chill. Only my eyes were exposed to the air and I swear I could feel my eyeballs get cold. So I turned around, went back to my apartment and put on my lap swimming goggles. I got a few laughs from passers-by but I didn't care.

Haha nice, I experienced mine in Aurora, IL. And about as bad in northern Wisconsin (except more snow so it was better).