• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the most addictive substance?

That's a tough question, personally it's either Meth or Nicotine for me. I just can't see myself without those two... as sad as that sounds.

I also had a very hard time quitting Tramadol about half a year back. Every other drug I've managed to quit without much problem including heroin but that was a long time ago, could be different nowadays I don't know.

It really depends on which aspect of addiction we're talking about:

1. proneness to compulsion during use - mephedrone or mdpv
2. severity of withdrawal - any short-acting benzodiazepine
3. probability of relapse following cessation - nicotine
4. likelihood of dependence following regular use - this is pretty idiosyncratic, but strong opioids and nicotine are strong contenders

ebola

+1 but i'd bump tramadol in place of short-acting benzos for WD severity, but not for everyone.

I guess that it would depend largely upon which one I consider to be the most physically addictive and the most mentally addictive. I find heroin to be the most physically addictive but crack to be, by far, the most mentally addictive.

NoD said:
+1 but i'd bump tramadol in place of short-acting benzos for WD severity, but not for everyone.

Yeah. I was thinking of severity of withdrawal for maximally sized habits rather than for moderately sized ones (as in the intermediate range, severity of withdrawal could be theoretically matched across substance by titrating size of habit). There's something to be said for the triple-header of combined SNRI and opioid withdrawal, but there's also something to be said for potentially fatal seizures.

ebola

I have smoked black tar heroin once (2 hits), and i have done meth a handful of times, so idk generally those are on the top of the list of the addicting/hardcore drugs.

But the most dangerous and worst addiction long term is actually alcohol and benzos although many people wouldn't guess or know that.

Well, I have tried coke, heroin, oxys, benzos (a few different types including valium and xanax mostly and etizolam even though it isn't technically a benzo), alcohol, amphetamines, psychedelics. Although I'm not addicted to anything, I can really see myself getting addicted to amphetamines first, second would be benzos. Love them both. I can't see myself getting addicted to any of the other things though. And I'm smart about not getting addicted to amphetamines or benzos since I don't do any of them during the week. But I think heroin and coke are supposed to be more addictive and I'm not addicted to either of them. :p :p :)

opiates and amphetamines and freebase cocaine are all equally addicting to me but the one i would want to avoid the wds from the most is opiates

For me it's stimulents (because of my personality) and dissociatives
For stimulents that I've done

1. Ecstasy that pure euphoria where ur in ur own little heaven and the depression from the come down is horrible so what do u do? get more and more. got me hooked the first time spent all my money and it took over my life I couldn't function without it. But luckily I was sent away to a program for a year and haven't touched the stuff in two years.

2. Synthacaine (dimethocaine and camphetamine) picked up a g before and after it I was friending like no other good thing it takes 2 weeks to get so I've haven't touched it since the first time.

3. Cocaine what a great euphoric expierence and the short duration leaves you wanting more and more until all your moneys gone and your stealing cash from your parents or whoever for more coke. Wasn't a one and done deal though the addiction creeps up on u like it starts out one every few months to every weekend to whenever I have money for it. But was able to quit by switching to meth haven't touched coke in months probably lik 5 to 6 months.

4. Methamphetamine this creeps up on you to starting from every month to every week to almost daily but it's long duration and cheap price is y I switched. But I must say smoking it is a lot more addictive then snorting it or taking a pill. Just the act of smoking is addictive. But it hasn't left me spending money I don't have or stealing in fact I can use and save money on the side. Plus if I make it through the comedown with out redosing to avoid it the side affects leave me not wanting to touch the stuff for a while. Haven't quit this stuff but as of right now the benefits out weigh the consequences but once the plane shifts I will try and quit but for now its left me in a happier state even a week or two off the stuff and is a nice relief from anhedonia and helps a little with apathy towards everything in life and life itself.

I'm not even going to put cigarettes on there because I can quit with no trouble at all I just smoke when I drive to help me concentrate(oddly enough smoking and driving helps me drive better) and when I'm killing time during work. Never hooked me for some reason I've quit for months before even a year and went back to it because I reached the age limit and I quit smoking weed. I love the act of smoking things which is why I thnk quitting smoking meth will be a little difficult since I want to switch to oral.

As for opiates haven't had a strong one yet only norcos and Vicodin and those where never appealing to me.

For benzos I'm prescribed .25 mg when needed so about 3-4 times a week haven't quit yet so I don't no about the withdraws but hopefully won't be to bad since its such a low dose and I've gone a week without using them and had no troubles. Tried Xanax recreationally and didn't have much of an effect besides helping my anxiety which is the only reason I liked them but never hooked me in. I've been on kpins for almost a year now and still on the same dose even though I have noticed a little bit of tolerance increase.

I was wondering do any of you think I'll expierence any WD symptoms from stopping kpins besides an increase in anxiety considering I use .25 mg once a day for 3-4 days out of the week some times even less?

And of course dxm for some reason kept me coming back to it. There's just something about dxm and ketamine that I just want to keep on doing it. Still have cravings for dxm outa the blue after a year away from it.

Added:

5. Most likely to lead to 'accidental' multi-day binges following intended single-night partying - methamphetamine

ebola

Alcohol and tobacco addictions are the worst long term addictions. I can rarely have one drink, if ever. If I want I could drink all night and day, every night and day.

The worst binge type addiction is coke. Enough is never enough. I've never bought some coke and didn't do it all. I've never had 'leftovers' whether I have 1 gram or 7 grams, it will be completely consumed by the time I sleep. Mephedrone was like this too, but I never had a supply. The one time I did get a bunch, it was 5g's in 2 days. What I mess I was after that.

In terms of cravings, there is nothing like opiates. If I don't drink or don't do coke for awhile, I rarely get a craving to go all out like I used too. With opiates there is never a day that goes by when I don't want to nod out, and of all the times I've done opiates since my OD, maybe 5% were worth it. I've only done enough opiates to make my craving disappear once in the last year or 2.

Without a doubt, opiates, mainly oxymorphone and hydromorphone. I can use most any drug and forget about it after I come down, but with opis there's always a great urge to keep doing more.

Last edited:
For me dissociatives are very addictive. especially Ketamine and Methoxetamine, its worse when i throw benzos in the mix. Benzos are the most addictive for me hands down(been doing a lot better with them to where i dont crave them at all after my DUI charge, which is very good), when i was really on them all the time i would go out of my way to find them/call or text everyone through my phone trying to locate some if i couldnt find some. The next day i would repeat. How with heroin, i can use it have a excellent experience and not give a fuck about it for a long time compared to benzos and i always have multiple tar plugs thats always got it, its weird.

Nicotine is addictive for me but i have also started to cut wayyy back and am starting to feel healthier. Nitrous is also very addictive for me, but i know when to quit making pies =D

For me dissociatives are very addictive. especially Ketamine and Methoxetamine, its worse when i throw benzos in the mix. Benzos are the most addictive for me hands down(been doing a lot better with them to where i dont crave them at all after my DUI charge, which is very good), when i was really on them all the time i would go out of my way to find them/call or text everyone through my phone trying to locate some if i couldnt find some. The next day i would repeat. How with heroin, i can use it have a excellent experience and not give a fuck about it for a long time compared to benzos and i always have multiple tar plugs thats always got it, its weird.

Nicotine is addictive for me but i have also started to cut wayyy back and am starting to feel healthier. Nitrous is also very addictive for me, but i know when to quit making pies =D

If you like dissociatives, a part of me wants to tell you how great phencyclidine is and part of me wants to tell you not to ever try it if you haven't already because it is so addicting. You like K? Dust blows K out of the fucking water, man. K is nothing compared to Dust. Where you're not fucking acting like superman, the d-hole/p-hole (whatever, sounds silly but the equivalent to the k-hole) takes you much further down the rabbit hole.

Last edited:
Originally it was Alcohol, but I've since found it much easier to put down.

Cigarettes have got a pretty big place in my life now and I can't really imagine life without them - not the nicotine though, it's the taste of tobacco and the act of smoking, I could never really switch over to snuff or e-cigs in the long run I don't think. Not too worried about that though, but I would like to cut down.

Then there's dissociatives, MXE in particular, Ketamine is also quite addictive but MXE takes the cake by a long way.

MDPV and related drugs are also incredibly moreish, but I find when I run out I'm not running to buy more.

Then there's benzos, they're a wonderful crutch and really take the edge off a harsh day. When I have them I pop them like candy.

For me I guess there's not really any one substance that's the most addictive (though if I *had* to say I'd say ROAs themselves are the most addictive, i.e. the act of vaporising stimulants, or smoking cigarettes), it all depends on my current place in life, what I'm doing, and I'm more of an "addicted to drugs in general" person - I'm happy being high on more or less anything, but I don't like it if I have no way of getting high.

Nicotine. I've been able to quit everything else, with varying amounts of misery, but never cigs.

While not the most detrimental of my addictions, I can honestly say the biggest monkey on my back has been nicotine.

I've successfully kicked IV heroin, oxymorphone, alcohol, benzos and a good bit of other shit, but I've never been able to stop using nicotine, in some form, successfully for any prolonged amount of time.

me said:
1. proneness to compulsion during use - mephedrone or mdpv

Wow...how the hell did I forget nitrous? The thing is, a 'binge' will last 1.5 hours, tops.

ebola

Nicotine, but when it comes to illicit substances, it seems that meth has a psychological pull on me, where I compulsively redose by IV when I've redosed a few minutes ago. It's a long lasting drug, but it makes you want to finish the bag in 5 hours. It's made me scrape and clean every residue in the pipe, clean everything in that empty bag, and IV/smoke every bit that I can find. It's psychologically destructive! Don't forget that it plays a toll on your heart, blood pressure, and sanity!

Heroin has a sweet spot, once you're back from lala/nodland, you'll want more, because it seems to be solving your everyday problems, especially when it's pain related. My legs hurts when I come down off of opiates for some reason, but once I get some dope, my legs feel light and easy again and I feel that I'm able to focus on my work again(unless I'm trying to nod off). Isn't as psychologically destructive as it is physically destructive, but the risks are still the same when it comes to getting a desperate fix in my opinion.

They are both very socially and financially destructive for sure though, my use of both of those drugs gotten me into some deep shit with family, law, and work.