Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the most addictive substance?

methamphetamine

benzos because its so easy to get addicted and to numb your pain and not cope

to an extent, opioids.

cocaine

Well I've had massive drug addictions but could some how manage to quit shit (if I didn't it was either because I didn't want to get sick, didn't want to or didn't give a fuck.) However the most addictive drug to me was benzos and still is especially since I do need them.... That's why I have yet to get a new script for my Ativan (which isn't shit to me anyways especially when I do kpins, valium and xanax a lot) but then I'm still also thinking about getting a better script when I see a psychiatrist.

I noticed people either like uppers or downers (eg. coke or opiates), but very rarely both. Coke never did much for me, but opiates I loved

Not always true though some people are either downer people or upper people. I guess i would be a downer person because my DOC's are opiates, benzos, Cannabis and back in the day alcohol. I was a raging alcoholic to the point where i was sure i would die if i didn't quit but thankfully ive quit besides the odd beer every now and then. I have found IV cocaine to be the most addictive drug Ive taken besides nicotine. I have snorted it and not had any trouble with taking it that way and i never even had too big of a problem smoking crack but when i got into IVing it i would literally kill for some. That rush from IV coke is just so insidious that it's one thing i really wish i had never touched it. I have done more damage to my veins on a 2 day coke binge then from 3 years of IVing opiates.

Fuck booze and fuck cocaine :p

Ketamine.

If i had an invincible bladder and Urinary tract id live on that stuff

Most acutely reinforcing I would have to say Mephedrone.

In the long run I would have to go with Benzos. So damn hard to quit once you're physically dependent.

Edit: Interesting graph I found.

comparecht.gif

Jack E. Henningfield, PhD for NIDA, Reported by Philip J. Hilts, New York Times, Aug. 2, 1994 "Is Nicotine Addictive? It Depends on Whose Criteria You Use.

Last edited:
alcohol, mdpv, mxe in that order (psychological addiction), never tried meth or heroin. coke didnt do it for me

Ketamine/mxe are both fairly addictive for me but it's not uncontrollable, just a strong desire.

IV bk-MDMA blew that out of the water though. I always found it fiend-y/more-ish when I dosed orally, but I never would actually re-dose. Messed around with IVing it a few times at 30-60mg and it was fun... a bit more fiendy but nothing too bad...
Then, out of boredom/depression (and because I had no access to anything else) I tried shooting 100mg+... Terrible idea. First immense fucking rush I got from IVing but it was SOOOOOO goddamn fiendy and I was compulsively redosing, while upping my doses. Amazing fucking rush but really absolutely terrible for my brain/body. Glad I ran out... lol. I don't plan on ordering more, and if I did I'd like to say I'd take it orally, and with the frequency I used to before I went on that little 2-day IV binge (once every 2 months or so) but I'd rather not take the risk.

Hard to say, I'd have to pinpoint a few drugs for different reasons.

As funny as it may sound, the drug that I have had the hardest time not using is cannabis. Ever since I started toking daily, if it's been available there haven't been many days on which I haven't smoked it. For the last 2-3 years, there's been less than 10 days when I haven't smoked weed - and I've tried to make commitments not to smoke, only to fall to temptation in the evening. I guess it's the fact that I like it so much added to its relatively mild side effects - I can't and don't feel that guilty for smoking weed, since I don't perceive it as that harmful and I still get my shit done, more or less.

Benzos have been the nastiest addiction to kick, by far - it's taken shitloads of willpower and I've gone back and gotten myself addicted again several times. Also I've been so dependant that not taking them made me completely dysfunctional, a paranoid agoraphobe.

Cocaine has struck me as a particularly addictive drug, in that I don't subjectively enjoy its effects all that much - nevertheless I have always finished whatever cocaine I had in just about one sitting, as it is incredibly fiendish. Also, after I stop using coke, the next day I feel completely baffled: I have an inexplicable craving for the stuff, even though I'm constantly telling myself "But I don't even like the stuff, I didn't have fun last night."

In order it would probably be:

Nicotine (I'll turn down every other drug to make sure I got cigrits)
Amphetamine (don't use much because I can't find it, but when I do find it I instantly get as much as I can haha)
Cocaine (Use it daily, because I have access to it daily)
Crack (Always try to avoid cooking my coke up, prefer to just take lines, but if one of my buddies gives me 1 hoot its instantly in the spoon for the rest of my shit)

All stimulants (particular smoked meth, nicotine, and any form of cocaine), IV hydromorphone, and yo might be surprised, but WEED is fucking addictive as hell. We dismiss it because it doesn't ruin our lives soo much like opiates or meth, but it's hard as fuck to kick, and it's easy to get caught in a "habit". Also ketamine and MXE.

Probably amphetamines, mostly crystal. And i used to be a heavy pill and H user. However i tried Stims afterword and it felt like it was the piece missing from my life haha... Back to it though hands down i would say amphetamines were the most addictive for me.

Psychologically, weed can make me crazy if I don't have it. When I was addicted to coke it was all in my head too. I didn't even understand WHY, since it wasn't even that great for the price. (Wasn't even IV'ing yet.. )

Heroin was a different story. Both physical & psychological. So glad I no longer rely on it.

I don't know if this is the type of answer you're looking for but I would say that for myself it was just the needle in general. Opiates were my doc and I find myself craving a blast in general more often as opposed to a shot of h, morphine, etc.

As far as specific drugs go I would have to say Meth. I only used it a handful of times but I could see myself getting addicted even after the first time I used

The only drug that I noticed a strong and scary addictive pull with was cigarettes - and I hardly smoked them at all.

But like, a month after hanging out with a friend who smoked, and smoking a handful of cigarettes over a couple of days, I caught myself wanting a cigarette, and was quite shocked, since I didn't smoke, and hadn't for months, and had only smoked like 3-4 cigarettes in my life. That was weird, and scary. Nicotine is a frighteningly addictive drug, I think partly because it's really easy not to notice the effects of it...

I quit smoking in February, but lately Ive just been smoking socially. I was a smoker for 5 years. I dont ever want to be addicted again, and I never will be. I now know how to keep it under control, just like with Alcohol.