• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is the longest it would take lorazepam withdrawal to start?

V82

Bluelighter
I was just wondering in a hypothetical situation what would be the longest it would take lorazepam withdrawal to start?

Would it be around 1 1/2 days? Or about 3 1/2 days?

Thanks!

I would more accurately guess the same day that you begin abstaining. It's a short(er)-acting benzodiazepine. You would probably be in "full" or close to it, withdrawal by 1.5 days from last dose.

What's your story? What's your consumption like? Don't be a hero. If you're dependent on a high daily dose of Lorazepam then you can go to the hospital, they'll be bound by law to make sure you don't hurt yourself.

I've just been taking 1.5 mg 3 times a week for about 5 months.

Mainly for my anxiety. I am taking a break for a month but afraid of withdrawal symptoms showing up. Just wanted to know when I would be clear of withdrawals most likely.

Individual tolerance for the effects of withdrawal vary from person to person, but I'd say you'll probably experience some minor discomfort, increased anxiety and/or insomnia, but don't be worrying about Delirium Tremens or anything like that.

I'd say the 48 hour mark should be the peak of your withdrawal, but if you're not experiencing anything by the 1.5 day mark, you're most likely in the clear. Just in case, do you have any Lorazepam stashed away? You could take some small fractions of a pill to make the process more gentle.

I have 1 mg left...not sure if that will help really.

Even a minoscule amount of a given substance makes a world of difference when compared to absolute zero. I would see how much you can tolerate and considering your usual dose is 1.5mg, .25mg doses will probably be enough to "take you off empty".