• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is the ceiling dose for LSD and shrooms?

however much it takes for total destruction of the self is the ceiling - is what i'd like to think.

i couldn't see myself passing 500mcg/5g 1p/LSD/Psilocybin/Psilocin

maybe from that point, breaking the ceiling would be smoking high conc. of THC, consuming MDxx, DMT, Salvia, synergizing dissociatives, etc..

so imo there's no ceiling for the psychedelic experience.

but for shrooms and LSD, much like high doses of mostly anything, there comes a point where you are not functional and wouldn't remember most of the high - so that's the ceiling to me.

but YMMV - so dosage is for you to find out ;).

Last edited:
Is there a point where the brain won't recover? I suppose that's multifactorial. I've heard that Timothy Leery was loosing his mind later in life. One account I heard he couldn't figure out how to put on headphones.

Is there a point where the brain won't recover?

I do believe psychedelics can bring out underlying mental illnesses. I have a family member who is "perma tripping" from eating sheets of LSD every weekend. He did this whilst his mother was abandoning the family, and it absolutely tore him apart in general. Let alone on 200+hits of LSD.

More like he has HPPD from the dose he took and the set of his mind at the time. He has random outbursts of crazy random words and thoughts that resemble a ++++ trip to me. I've noticed certian people in his environment sometimes trigger his episodes(like how when some people smoke cannabis and it sends them into a mental trip(me+))
After 17 years though he's been able to collect himself, get a job, and marry someone equally insane. :)

He's prescribed medications for schizophrenia, depression, bipolar disorder, and a couple other things to deal with the of HPPD or he totally has issues. I can't really tell which.

Your brain. Totally fine. Your mind however, you just may not think in the same light, and it obviously varies quite widely from person to person on how intense that is.

I met a guy at a phish concert in 99' that fuct someone over on a dead lot in 93'..... They came up to him and blew a bunch of crystal in his face.....he told me he couldn't form words or understand how to speak sentences for about 3 months

This was 6 years after it happened and he was an emotional roller coaster.....one minute he would be in tears and the next moment he would be laughing.....I hung out with him at pine lakes campground for a whole evening partying with him and the way he acted and such I really do not doubt his story....

He claims that he had to ride around with friends for the first few months as he really couldn't function well and that it took him over a year to go home and face his parents cause he just was so messed up in the head

Did they blow the crystal in his face to get back at him for fucking someone over? Or someone just wanted to be a dick to him?

Last edited:
I met a guy at a phish concert in 99' that fuct someone over on a dead lot in 93'..... They came up to him and blew a bunch of crystal in his face.....he told me he couldn't form words or understand how to speak sentences for about 3 months

This was 6 years after it happened and he was an emotional roller coaster.....one minute he would be in tears and the next moment he would be laughing.....I hung out with him at pine lakes campground for a whole evening partying with him and the way he acted and such I really do not doubt his story....

He claims that he had to ride around with friends for the first few months as he really couldn't function well and that it took him over a year to go home and face his parents cause he just was so messed up in the head

Must've been psychotic in the first place - all the acid would've been out of his system within a day or two. That's if you believe people go around blowing thousands of bucks worth of LSD into peoples faces in the first place.

He fuct over an acid dealer.....and they did it to get back at him

Is imagine a 100mg of powdered crystal doesn't cost thousands of $$$......he didn't say how big the pile was but I can imagine a couple of hundred of mg wouldn't be that big of a deal to someone who knew the chemist....and there are people on dead tour back in the 90's who were not to far down that chain

I know it's a far fetched tale.....maybe he was just pyscotic..,..but he's not the only acid casualty I met at shows