• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What is the ceiling dose for LSD and shrooms?

TioW42

Greenlighter
Is there a dose where you can't get any higher and the effects are at it's fullest? Has anyone tried really high doses like 5+ tabs of lsd or 6+ grams of shrooms? If so what was the cut off point? Is there a dose where you can't get any higher and the effects are at it's fullest? Has anyone tried really high doses like 5+ tabs of lsd or 6+ grams of shrooms? If so what was the cut off point?

Lol, there is none. I've known people who have taken a hundred hits of acid at once.

there is definitely a point where there are seriously diminishing returns and you are wasting your drugs!

1200mics was the name of a band and it is meant to be the receptor saturation point (ie 12 doses of acid is the most that can be absorbed) but that point is different for everyone.

I'm not sure if we've really found a 'ceiling dose' for LSD or mushrooms, possibly because we've yet to define what really constitutes a 'ceiling' dose.

I think anything over 5g of mushrooms or 1000mics of LSD is excessive and possibly a waste of product.

Well, I'm not at six grams of mushrooms and beyond yet, but I've taken multiple 1000+ mcg LSD doses and my strongest trip ever was on 20 potent blotters. That trip was noticeably more extreme than any lower dose LSD trip I've had before or since, and it definitely did not feel like maximum strength either despite being that strong. One of these days I hope to push even higher... if I've still got the spunk to do it by the time the opportunity rolls around anyway.

The question you really want to ask is: What is your ceiling dose? It's different for different people. The only way to find out is to start with a low dose and try gradually higher and higher doses, until you find the dose that is best for you.

I've taken" 12 grams dried Cubensus" and survived.The body load was nasty, and I sometimes had trouble walking,with a rubber leg type of feeling.The trip was weird, like the mushrooms took over my mind and body.At one point on my walk, my legs refused to move, and I felt the urge to go off trail.After walking about 80 meters, the mushrooms compelled me to, stop at the foot of a dead tree, that was covered in fungous ,from top to bottom.The mushrooms wanted to show me other mushrooms.I felt like it was a family reunion.

5+ tabs is alot to you? i will one day get up to ten hits at once, my friend has taken 8 hits of 120-150 ug, and said it was really confusing and he felt like he was on the brink of insanity lol.

I find that if i take no more then 200 ug LSD first then 1 1/2 hr later then i eat 3.5 grams of Shrooms...... puts you out there, deep with in if you know what i mean... There is much to learn in there....

Last edited:
I've never understood why people talk about acid dosing in terms of tabs. Saying you did 100 tabs means nothing if they are shitty, weak tabs.

The highest dose I've ever done is 1mg and it was by accident. That trip demolished me, but on the plus side it brought me to Bluelight looking for help and that's how my presence here began. I was in a highly depersonalized and ungrounded state for at least a couple months after that. My friend tells the story of that night to this day.

I did approx 500ug once a month for two years, almost ritualistically, and came out of it alright. More or less. More than less, heh.

At the yearly festival where I work drug HR, we had a young woman come in one year who took a full dropper of liquid acid thinking it was an herbal tincture that would help her sleep. She laid down in her tent and went to sleep and woke up screaming. When they brought her to HR we redirected her to first aid immediately. She just laid there staring off into space incoherently and occasionally trying to talk but couldn't.

Amazingly she didn't leave the festival. Two days later I saw her partying like nothing had happened. She looked pretty run down though.

A friend told me that she read a story online about a young woman who accidentally consumed a 1g crystal that was in suspension in a cup, thinking it was a beverage. Apparently this woman ended up in a coma for 1 month in the hospital, and then woke up without any memory of what happened. I've never been able to verify this story though.

I think LSD is more likely to fuck you up psychologically than physiologically.

I've overdosed on mushrooms before and it was scary. The paraesthesia in the arms and legs was really fucked up. I felt like I was on fire but my friend told me I was freezing. Still, I begged for ice packs. I was at a festival at the time and the peak of this utterly horrible trip coincided with a lightning storm and high wind. The winds were demolishing our camp site and my friend was running around trying to secure everything. I couldn't move and my voice was so weak that I could barely talk. Whenever lightning streaked the sky it felt like it was moving through my body. It was NOT a fun experience. I felt like my nervous system was going to explode.

Last edited:
In terms of Shrooms, I think they dont really have a ceiling, but it would be impossible to figure out just because eating a fuckload of boomers is not just disgusting but there is a good chance that you will just end up puking out your entire dose. The most I've seen a person eat was 14gs and it took them forever to eat it, then puked about 20 minutes later.

Easily solved by making tea from dried ones then?..

The sky is the limit, also common sense.

With LSD I agree with peacephrog in that for 5HT2A relative saturation or at least approaching it in a curve probably, where upping the dose is increasingly pointless... but other receptors like 5HT1A and 2C are now considered more to play a role in trips or even be very significant (a la some 5-MeO-DMT profundity), so it may very well be that you can't really get more 'trippy' and messed up beyond a certain point but still go deeper / dissociated immersed and blissed or whited out, if you don't seize. So the ceiling effect probably occurs in phases considering each relevant receptor, and may not have sudden cut off points but rather a range with a kneebend.
And that's not even counting side-effect pharmacology..

Psilocin and psilocybin may be less promiscuous, but other tryptamines may start serving as competitive MAOI (MAO substrates that occupy if not activate serotonergic receptors) the higher you dose.

I read about a scientist that killed an elephant by giving it 300mg of LSD.

I know for me, at 800 micro grams of LSD or 14 grams of mushrooms the trip is too intense to be enjoyable and I need a couple days to get back to normal.

Is that what you mean by ceiling? How much until it isn't fun?

reconstruction of that experiment:

lord-ganesha.jpg

As far as I know there haven't been any deaths directly associated with LSD or shrooms(the few reports I did find had other substances in the mix). However, this doesn't mean go out and take a high dose.
Tread the waters first and see where you're comfortable then experiment with higher doses.
I made the mistake of going straight to the deep end my first time and took 300-500mics because "I wanted to see LSD's full potential"
I sure as hell got what I want and infinitely more. Just that experience alone changed my perception on life and myself. I felt like I was in a 4th dimensions I even asked what fire was. Just nothing made sense, but it all did at the same time.

A trip isn't always what you want, but what you need. Be safe!

Obviously there's an upper limit because you only have so many brain receptors. Once those are occupied the rest just floats around your body until it's pissed away. You might notice more physical effects from a high dose but you arn't going to trip any harder (by that I mean someone EXPERIENCED wouldn't trip any harder - obviously if you can't handle your high then panic is going to set in and you'll be able to convince yourself you are dead or any bullshit that panicking people think of)

As to what that limit is I don't think it's particularly high for LSD - probably under a 1000mics.

Could your brains wiring get so fouled up that your organs would cease function? Or does LSD not affect those parts of the brain?

I don't think LSD does much to the basic brain activity of keeping you breathing etc - that's all pretty much reflex anyway.