• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin What is black tar heroin cut with?

EmilyAlice

Greenlighter
I am curious about black tar...what is it cut with? Is it stronger/weaker/the same as brown powder H? I've done both and been way more high with brown powder, but I get high from tar as well. Just wondered the cut!
Thanks yall!
☆Emily Alice☆

I've seen it cut with all sorts of things. Low level dealers use bad stuff like shoe polish, coffee grounds, food products.... which is why it's not that good to IV. Try to get "brown sugar" tar, which is drier and the consistency of brown sugar. That's the best tar.

Tar is essentially a very crude version of #4 heroin, as I understand. It will never be as pure as powder heroin. I think tar averages around 40-60% pure (before cut), whereas other types of heroin can reach 90% purity (before cut).

If youre in the US, tar is cut with fentanyl most of the time, because its more profitable and also regular tar wouldn't be strong enough for street junkies anymore.

Clean tar is rare these days, and the opium growing operations in mexico have largely shut down because making tar doesnt make sense any more because fentanyl is cheaper and street users couldnt even feel tar due to their sky high fent tolerances.

I hate fentanyl. Every time I've ever done it I've overdosed. It ruined my heroin use. I was perfectly fine doin my thing then this shit comes around and all the H is gone. I've been looking for like 3 years, no joke. It's ridiculous. UGH

I hate fentanyl. Every time I've ever done it I've overdosed. It ruined my heroin use. I was perfectly fine doin my thing then this shit comes around and all the H is gone. I've been looking for like 3 years, no joke. It's ridiculous. UGH

and that's the reason I've been clean from heroin so long.

Black tar heroin is impure Diacetylmorphine. It's crude acetylation results in a gelatinous black mass.

I am the one who wrote its Wiki (before some clown rewote it without adding anything worthwhile) so forgive me if I repeat some of it. If you want to understand Tar examine NZ Homebake, a lack of reflux apparatus renders it very impure and NOT #4. Number 4 is a salt. Tar is an acetate.

As for adulteration, I wish that I could tell you that it is free of Fentanyl but these days it has just as much. Showing how little Mexican cooks understand, they toss Fentanyl in on both ends of the equation, completely asinine. Tossing it in with opium before acetylisation, then acestylising it sans reflux, they toss more Fentanyl in.

In days gone by it would be adulterated with plain old lactose after first liquifying the Tar end, then, if they wanted Mexican Mud, or as it was called in NYC, "Chocofan" [sic], pronounced "Choco-fine," they would toss in rice grains for each Mx Oz (25 gm) and once dried naturally, they wouldvremove the rice, grind it, add more rice and add lactose, place in a very gentle steam bath to rehydrate and noone could tell seeing as how Tar's purity ranges so widely.

I am the one who wrote its Wiki (before some clown rewote it without adding anything worthwhile) so forgive me if I repeat some of it. If you want to understand Tar examine NZ Homebake, a lack of reflux apparatus renders it very impure and NOT #4. Number 4 is a salt. Tar is an acetate.

As for adulteration, I wish that I could tell you that it is free of Fentanyl but these days it has just as much. Showing how little Mexican cooks understand, they toss Fentanyl in on both ends of the equation, completely asinine. Tossing it in with opium before acetylisation, then acestylising it sans reflux, they toss more Fentanyl in.

In days gone by it would be adulterated with plain old lactose after first liquifying the Tar end, then, if they wanted Mexican Mud, or as it was called in NYC, "Chocofan" [sic], pronounced "Choco-fine," they would toss in rice grains for each Mx Oz (25 gm) and once dried naturally, they wouldvremove the rice, grind it, add more rice and add lactose, place in a very gentle steam bath to rehydrate and noone could tell seeing as how Tar's purity ranges so widely.
I would think rice would make a terrible cut,no matter how fine you ground it up it wouldn’t totally dissolve,that might be unnoticeable to a smoker but for someone who uses it IV I think it could be a huge problem…