• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin what i do wrong with my IM injection?(advice of how to shoot safely)

constipated99

Greenlighter
so long story shot i abuse opiates for at least 3 years.
the last year from time to time i strarting shooting H im.
i shoot in the deltoid muscle.
i use insulin syringes.
the problem is many times the syringe seems to cant i nject the fluid into the muscle and it <explodes> and the injection isnt done porpely.
mabe insulin needles arent made for IM incestions and they dont reach the deltoid muscle and i need 1ml or other needle type?
and if yes which?
what else could possibly go wrong?
thanks

I would advise using a 21 gauge long needle, the typical one with the 5ml syringe. an isulin needle won't enter the deltoid muscle so you were SC-ing instead of IM-ing

also don't IM anything other than pharmaceutical grade vials intended for this. IM-ing street heroin will lead to infections/abcesses more so than IV'ing them so what can go wrong is that you can loose a limb or your life.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you IM, always use a wheel filter unless it's from pharma-grade sealed vials, because any particles that are not the drug that will not absorb into your muscle and bloodstream hold the risk of producing an abscess which is extremely painful best case scenario and can even kill you, and generally require hospitalization to deal with safely.

What kind of h do you get? IMing is very risky for reasons stated above. If you're using street h have you considered plugging?
You can lose limbs from abcesses cause by IMing street shit.

Wrong needle for I.M. , more importantly never inject substances that aren't pharmaceutical grade into your muscles.

Wrong needle for I.M. , more importantly never inject substances that aren't pharmaceutical grade into your muscles.
What kind of h do you get? IMing is very risky for reasons stated above. If you're using street h have you considered plugging?
You can lose limbs from abcesses cause by IMing street shit.
If you IM, always use a wheel filter unless it's from pharma-grade sealed vials, because any particles that are not the drug that will not absorb into your muscle and bloodstream hold the risk of producing an abscess which is extremely painful best case scenario and can even kill you, and generally require hospitalization to deal with safely.

All these people are right do not IM any street drugs the only drug I ever IM is ketamine

This is completely healed took 6 months and multiple rounds of antibiotics

This is an abcess

Attachments

• IMG_20191114_231203_289.jpg
    IMG_20191114_231203_289.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 6