• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Diet What healthy food are you eating now? v. it's pronounced keen-waah

That's the ultimate hummus - I make that about once a week too and eat it throughout the week...sprinkle a little smoked paprika on top, drizzle of olive oil, and some kalamatas with some toasty pita

Salmon is one of my favourite foods <3 <3 <3

I am about to eat a t-bone steak and various greens.

I agree. It's one of my favorites too, it's the king of fish imo...

We've also been eating cod, halibut and whatever else is out in the bay. I especially like pacific cod, they disappeared for a while but they seem to be coming back. Nothing quite like salmon though!

I agree. It's one of my favorites too, it's the king of fish imo...

We've also been eating cod, halibut and whatever else is out in the bay. I especially like pacific cod, they disappeared for a while but they seem to be coming back. Nothing quite like salmon though!
Nice! To which bay are you referring?
We don't have halibut here in Aus. What does it taste like?

I live in southcentral AK. I don't really want to get more specific than that here, but you can PM me if you want to know more specifics :)

We fish on a large bay for the summer months (set-net mostly but I've done other gear types as well). Halibut is pretty good, it's a crowd pleaser for sure but it doesn't have much flavor on its own, more of a conduit for other flavors like a good sauce or something. Meat has more of a dense, dry texture to it, compared to the flaky moist texture of cod or rocksole, etc.

Yep we eat broccolini all the time :)

I can never find Broccolini! I’ve been looking for ages and still have yet to find it..

Hitting the grocery store this morning or later tonight... Gotta keep the produce kinda light so shit ain’t rotting on vacation.

One thing I like to do, if your grocery store has lots of exotic fruits, is lots of times I go I grab one new fruit to try. Some I’m not a huge fan of (like those spiky yellow melons with green insides) but then others have been great like yellow dragonfruit or gooseberries. In the name of this thread I’ll grab one to try :).

-GC

I will go to the foods that my body needs. Like muscle repair is protein and fiber if they're aching. Fats to warm up body temperature or in need of energy/fuel. Or sugar if you're feeling faint. I mean I do the best I can here since I don't buy my own food, but not to overeat since I minimally exercise. But the invega screws all that up. Pot is good to control appetite. It takes away cravings for food unless I'm starving then I can still eat. I really like burritos. Pico is amazing. Rice is good. Beans. Avocado.

Yep we eat broccolini all the time :)

So boccolini has a different flavor - more mild maybe more sweet, than rapini aka broccoli rabe, which is more bitter....so when i cant get the rapini, i use broccolini in it's place, even tho it isn't really the same, it's a little closer....rapini has nice big leaves on it where you don't get any leaves really other than the smaller leaves on the broccolini

a lot of times, i'll have a couple eggs over-easy with a side of broccolini sauted in garlic and red pepper and i sprinkle pecorino romano on top

brand-loc-gratedpecrom-8oz-cup.jpg

you get the Locatelli there too right?

they say when you cook vegetables or freeze them it ruins the nutrients... is that true bluelight?

I feel like I need to IV some broccoli or some shit :/

I live in southcentral AK.
Say no more!! I am super jealous, I would LOVE to live anywhere in AK!!!!!! :love:

One thing I like to do, if your grocery store has lots of exotic fruits, is lots of times I go I grab one new fruit to try. Some I’m not a huge fan of (like those spiky yellow melons with green insides) but then others have been great like yellow dragonfruit or gooseberries. In the name of this thread I’ll grab one to try :).

-GC
Let us know what it's like!!

they say when you cook vegetables or freeze them it ruins the nutrients... is that true bluelight?

I feel like I need to IV some broccoli or some shit :/
Not necessarily BUT there are ways to cook/prepare vegies to maximise the nutrition you get out of them.

How, you ask??

I do not know. I don't cook. That's why I am marrying a professional chef.

But say for example with broccoli, you don't wanna boil the absolute fuck out of it right? Otherwise it's mushy and gross and useless. My partner cooks it so it is juuuust starting to go soft. Like, it's still pretty crunchy, but the bitterness has just cooked out of it. Maybe try and use that principle for other green vegies??

Otherwise, fuck it, just eat 'em raw!! That way you know you're getting the absolute best out of them!

I do not know. I don't cook. That's why I am marrying a professional chef.
lucky!

meanwhile I know my vegetables are cooked properly because they start to burn xD

I assume even burnt vegetables are better than nothing.

Mr. Snafu you are burning your vegetables, are you alright?

Yes 'mam.

When you're in you're 20s people put up with all sorts of ridiculous excuses. Later on it was a harder sale, as I was to find out.

😂 <3

Extremely. And I know it. If it were up to me we'd be having tuna on toast if we're lucky, but instead I get served stuff like this every night:
fAifqz7.jpg
I'm uncultured and unsophisticated but tbh looks like flesh and veggies..... food is nothing but food to me.... I'll eat acid and still tell you that shit looks like cut flesh with dried shitty red grapes and whatever crispy shit on top whatever that is.

<3

that plate is very white and clean

but just being real I don't give a shit what im about to eat looks like because 12 hours later it's something you won't care about coming out the other end.... why would I care about how good it looks going in?

Breakfast: 2 eggs plus Carman's Fruit-Free muesli bar (45g) plus a 15g protein drink if I really feel hungry later
Lunch: Sliced turkey breast on a rye sourdough bun, a bit of mustard, plus half a bag of coleslaw (with red cabbage, carrots, white cabbage, radish, etc) with chili sauce
Dinner: Meat (turkey, beef, chicken, fish, pork) and steamed 3 veg (2 being broccoli and sweet potato) and a the third usually being Brussel sprouts or peas or squash or any choice of greens.

Dessert: Nope, don't eat desserts usually unless it's a special occasion.

Snacks: Chocolate, shortbread, in small quantities (less than 100 calories).

TL;DR: Eat your vegies and protein, and please go easy on the sugar because it messes with your autoimmune system (this applies to 85% of the population).