What genres of music do you dislike, What producers/djs do you find annoying?

What genres of music do you dislike?

• Trance

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Psy-Trance

• Progressive/Minimal Psy-Trance

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Goa-Trance

• Acid Trance

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Hard Trance

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Hardstyle

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • NRG

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Hard House

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Hardcore

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Happy Hardcore

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • Freeform

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Gabber

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Breakcore

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Drum 'n Bass/Jungle

• Ragga

• Garage/2-Step

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Grime

• Dubstep

• Liquid Funk

• Atmospheric

• Jump Up

• Acid Techno

• Funky Techno

• Progressive Techno

• Minimal Techno

• Ghetto Tech

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Schranz

• Electro

• Acid House

• Progressive House

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • French House

• Funky House

• Electro House/Fidget House

• Deep House

• Latin House

• Breaks

• Psy-Breaks

• Funky Breaks

• Progressive Breaks

• Florida Breaks

• Nu-Skool Breaks

• Big Beat

• Chillout

• Dub/Reggae

• IDM/Leftfield

• Ambient

• Glitch

• Trip-Hop

• Total voters
All the avant garde shit that doesn't have vocals and lacks a good bassline or melody. Other shit as well.

A short list: deadmau5, all dubstep, sphongle, new deal, disco biscuits, skrillex, the majority of techno.

this right herrreeee

also anything COMMERCIAL! DEADMAU5 is commercial tiesto , skrillex , dubstep(a bunch of RUCKUS)
MUSIC NEEDS TO HAVE MELODIES repetitive beats that you can focus on when your fucked up .

not a bunch of weird stupid noises!!!

i can listen to anything that has a nice steady beat with melodies and vocals

btw TIESTO IS NOT TRANCE he gave up on trance along time ago and sold out for commercial music

I consider Hip Hop electronic music, since it is primarily sample based.

So yeah, any of the more sample heavy Raggaeton makes it under my electronica umbrella.

:)

Most of the Dubstep that I've been exposed to via others is pretty awful. I just can't wrap my head around it....might be showing my age. ;)

I'm more tired of scene dorks than anything else.

Or Techn-O-nerds that hate on Trance. That was so 1999, just like the millenium bug.

:D

I've heard terrible music in all styles of electronic music :).

At the same time, I pretty much can't stand most hardcore/hardstyle/NRG music, it makes me feel like I am getting stupider just listening to it. Also, "club" house/trance that is just cheesy/poppy makes me sick (you know, that crap that's played during the day on "electronic" music stations).

America is in the process of killing the entire electronic music scene in general. The yuppie faggots that attend EDM events recently is killing me.

Mostly all Hard whatever, be it Hard Trance, Hard NRG, Hardstyle or Hard House. Also Gabber, Happy Hardcore, Speedcore and the likes. Mostly I dislike trance too. Latin House, Funky House and Electro House are not my thing either.

And, although I'm a psytrance head, most of today's cheesy full on psytrance is absolute and utter crap. 10 % or less of today's psy is good.

Damn there's a lot of genres(or sub-genres) in Electronica!

I didnt realize there are that many and more genres or sub-genres in Electronica.

We have cable TV and we get all the 'Music Choice' channels, and there is one channel called "Sounds of the seasons". This channel plays seasonal music when a holiday comes up, like right now they are playing 4th of July themed music, but most of the time, for the rest of the year they play electronic music. I know that 2 of the genres are 'Trip Hop', and modern 'Acid Jazz', but I dont exactly know how to categorize all the rest of what they play. They play stuff like "Massive Attack", "Moby", "Sounds from the ground", " DJ Greyboy", etc.

Some of it is really good, but a lot of it is so simple and basic that literally anyone could be put in front of even an older setup of home studio recording equipment, such as a 4-track recorder, an effects processor, a keyboard and a drum machine, and that person could create something of the same quality in a fairly short time period, once they became familiar with the equipment. even if that person was mostly non-musical. But a lot of it does require talent and skill.

i HATE speed though man.

I love ketamine with hardstyle..

I Put my headphones on.. Line up 2x 70 minute mixes on my ipod. Then snort away, and the hardstyle sounds like it is telling a story to me as i drift away from this world :)

why does noone else , even people i go raving with experience k and hardstyle like i do. Oh well, Im lucky i guess =D