EMD What Electronic Music r YOU listenin' to? v. Watch your bass bins! I'm tellin' yah.

Not many DJs can seemlessly mix in Jane's Addiction to a techno set. Armand van Helden did.

It's Set To Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set to Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set to Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set to Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set to Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set To Groove. It's Set to Groove. It's Set To Groove. (100x)

Last edited:
The Golden years of the UK rave scene imho.
The time when Jungle was called "Jungle Tekno" & Hardcore was getting into nice edited breaks & for that 18 / 24 month time Hardcore was using Amens edited well & the rise of Darkcore was there. MDA was all over the place thanks to some shady fucks in Serbia that made it by the ton & shipped it over.

MC Bassman with DJ SY over the Amen Hardcore/ Jungle Tekno / Darkcore

Listening to my favourite UKF dubstep mix, released ten years ago today. I was 16 at the time and wouldn't discover raves and dubstep for another year:

Love this group sssoooo much, I came to them so late though as on first viewing them before I had even heard their music I assumed they were stinky hippie types, all style over substance but I was wrong for once.

Untrust Us, Baptism & Crime Wave hell yeah & that Alice was put on earth by god right next to mdpv.
I had no idea who they were when spotify suddenly played them for me during amphetamine binge. Me being me, I propably thought something along the lines of "this is fucking great, how the fuck do I not have them on my list already" :D
Sent Fleece to my hippie friend, but he knew them already. Had no idea how big they were, but I guess you could say they are the biggest of their genre(?)
Also, for me half of their songs are fucking great so that puts them as the second best band I ever listened :)

This is for now my fav... love the disturbed atmosphere. Also, "I protect you from, all the things Ive seen"
btw ZB, you got any recommends for a guy who likes both BMTH and CC?

Last edited:
Had no idea how big they were, but I guess you could say they are the biggest of their genre(?)

Yeah I am the same as you there, they are really well known among a demographic that I'm NOT a part of, I guess that is why I'd not heard of them before.
Then again their typical fan has never heard of Dr S Gachet, DJ Sy, Jumping Jack Forst & that early UK Jungle (Jungle is such not really know of by most that use the term, you ask them about AWOL / Pure X / The Edge etc they look blank)

The last Crystal castles-esque music I really fell in love with is a "Witch House" project called White Ring & also Blvck Ceiling (Blvck Ceiling is IMHO one of the best & in many ways creepy stuff I've heard in ages)

Yeah I am the same as you there, they are really well known among a demographic that I'm NOT a part of, I guess that is why I'd not heard of them before.
Then again their typical fan has never heard of Dr S Gachet, DJ Sy, Jumping Jack Forst & that early UK Jungle (Jungle is such not really know of by most that use the term, you ask them about AWOL / Pure X / The Edge etc they look blank)

The last Crystal castles-esque music I really fell in love with is a "Witch House" project called White Ring & also Blvck Ceiling (Blvck Ceiling is IMHO one of the best & in many ways creepy stuff I've heard in ages)

Witch house is fucking beautiful, loved the drums in the first one and the second felt beautifully creepy :love:
Gonna find more of this.