• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What drugs (From your experiences) give a rush (comparable to IV) when administered rectally/plugged?

TheAcetylationGame

Bluelighter
I am interested in hearing from people who have used drugs intravenously and thus are familiar with the sensations that comprise the rush associated with intravenous injection of many substances and which - if any - substances gave you a comparable rush when plugged/administered rectally.

In my experience I am yet to experience anything resembling the IV rush from plugging Opioids (morphine, heroin, methadone, oxycodone etc).

I would love to hear if others do get a rush from plugging opioids!

At the other end of the spectrum I have very consistently experienced rushes from plugging amphetamine and methamphetamine that are indistinguishable enough from IV that I no longer have any interest in shooting speed or crystal and plug them everytime.

MDxx compounds have - in my experience - consistently proven to be excellent when plugged and provides a rush similar to IV. Although MDxx compounds are unusual in that even oral dosing provides a rush akin to that associated with intravenous drugs.

The substance that prompted me to post this thread is methylphenidate (MPH) aka Ritalin which in the past had never given me a rush from plugging but oh boy I must’ve been doing something wrong because the last few days I have plugged MPH after doing the exact same extraction and cleanup I used for intravenous use but plugging it instead (ensuring empty bowels first) and praise junkie Jesus because I am now getting a rush that is almost as intense as IV MPH but lasts longer (resulting in far less susceptibility to the highly destructive compulsive redosing loops that occur with intravenous use).

So yeah, I would love to hear from anyone who can share their own experiences with IV-esque rushes from plugging of all kinds of substances

Regards

The Acetylation Game 🤪

May Junkie Jesus bestow his blessings upon you all! X

I've heard cocaine is very potent and u only need like 100-200mg for a good rush, careful tho u can have a seizure if u use too much.

It's not really a rush but a really really fast come up it feels just as good as smoking or iving drugs. Kinda like IMing ketamine.

It's not really a rush but a really really fast come up it feels just as good as smoking or iving drugs. Kinda like IMing ketamine.
Yeah see in the past I’ve had the fast come up type thing from plugging certain substances but with the methylphenidate I’m talking an actual rush qualitatively identical to IV but somewhat less intense.

I imagine that the same type of rush could be possible with cocaine given the fact that MPH and cocaine are very similar drugs.

I wish I could get the rush from plugging opioids though, then I would have zero interest in IV (which I do try to stay away from) but as of now there’s no substitute for an intravenous speedball unfortunately

Yeah see in the past I’ve had the fast come up type thing from plugging certain substances but with the methylphenidate I’m talking an actual rush qualitatively identical to IV but somewhat less intense.

I imagine that the same type of rush could be possible with cocaine given the fact that MPH and cocaine are very similar drugs.

I wish I could get the rush from plugging opioids though, then I would have zero interest in IV (which I do try to stay away from) but as of now there’s no substitute for an intravenous speedball unfortunately
I ve Injected MPH In my retarded kid days, if u call thst euphoric.....u don't know what true euphoria is. Quit fkkng around with thst drug and take it as prescribed, I've seen a guy in rehab who chewed and Swsllowed 10 of em. He didn't look like he was enjoying it tbh.

I ve Injected MPH In my retarded kid days, if u call thst euphoric.....u don't know what true euphoria is. Quit fkkng around with thst drug and take it as prescribed, I've seen a guy in rehab who chewed and Swsllowed 10 of em. He didn't look like he was enjoying it tbh.
Jeez buddy calm down

I don’t inject it anymore, haven’t for a long time. And I was describing my personal experience not claiming anything more. And I certainly know about euphoria, not that that is particularly impressive on a drugs board.

You seem like a cool guy so I’m a bit taken aback by your response

Jeez buddy calm down

I don’t inject it anymore, haven’t for a long time. And I was describing my personal experience not claiming anything more. And I certainly know about euphoria, not that that is particularly impressive on a drugs board.

You seem like a cool guy so I’m a bit taken aback by your response
Lol I'm fine, srry it's just that MPH isn't a recreational drug. Thsts it.

Come on man, surely we can agree that drugs affect people differently and for some people it absolutely is a recreational drug.
Well idk , cocaine is mad cheap and good quality in my country, so if I wanted to fk around with stims I wouldn't bother using MPH. I'd go str8 to blow. I don't use stims anymore tho.

Hey OP, I don't think that there are necessarily drugs that are better or more effective by the rectal route in the way that you're describing. It's more that there are different drugs and each individual drug's character is influenced by the route of administration. Character probably isn't the right word, we are dealing with pharmacokinetics and the primary difference between the rectal route and say per oral is a faster pharmacokinetic profile meaning onset, duration and drop in concentration.

It's also kind of a broad question when potentially every substance known could be involved. I think we can leave it open, but I'm not sure what you will achieve in the end. In general, rectal administration will never get you the same rush you get from intravenous usage, but that's by definition how pharmacokinetics work and why we have terminology to describe the phenomena.

Hey OP, I don't think that there are necessarily drugs that are better or more effective by the rectal route in the way that you're describing. It's more that there are different drugs and each individual drug's character is influenced by the route of administration. Character probably isn't the right word, we are dealing with pharmacokinetics and the primary difference between the rectal route and say per oral is a faster pharmacokinetic profile meaning onset, duration and drop in concentration.

It's also kind of a broad question when potentially every substance known could be involved. I think we can leave it open, but I'm not sure what you will achieve in the end. In general, rectal administration will never get you the same rush you get from intravenous usage, but that's by definition how pharmacokinetics work and why we have terminology to describe the
Well the way I see it the rush from IV opioids, stimulants etc is a product of the pharmacokinetic profile of the drug and how the method of administration alters that. So clearly the intravenous route provides the most intense rush due to a near instantaneous peak but other ROA which also allow for rapid absorption and access to the CNS also cause a rush (e.g smoking meth or heroin, plugging meth), plugging also allows for rapid uptake and certainly results in a rush which while perhaps not equivalent in potency are qualitatively the same phenomena.

What I am interested in is people’s experiences with plugging substances (specifically those which cause a “rush” when IV’d so essentially stimulants, opioids and to a lesser extent entactogen type drugs) and which substances, if any, gave the individual a “rush” and which didn’t, as well as how strong the effect was.

I’ve had mixed experiences plugging things. Never any luck with dexamfetamine at any dose. But when unable to inject meth back in the day I found plugging an amount of 1.5-2.0 X my usual IV dose pretty satisfying.

For a while I got into the habit of plugging it whenever I was away from home and did not want to risk getting found with sharps. I could be in and out of a toilet cubicle properly plugged in 2 minutes.

I learned at the time that your rectum/anal cavity actually drains into two separate venous systems. I can’t recall their names of the top of my head but one is lower in the rectum and one is higher. Only one of them offers an IV like hit because it bypasses the first pass hepatic metabolism that you go through if you hit the second.

I think not being aware of the difference is the cause of many people’s unsatisfactory plugging experiences.

I’ve had mixed experiences plugging things. Never any luck with dexamfetamine at any dose. But when unable to inject meth back in the day I found plugging an amount of 1.5-2.0 X my usual IV dose pretty satisfying.

For a while I got into the habit of plugging it whenever I was away from home and did not want to risk getting found with sharps. I could be in and out of a toilet cubicle properly plugged in 2 minutes.

I learned at the time that your rectum/anal cavity actually drains into two separate venous systems. I can’t recall their names of the top of my head but one is lower in the rectum and one is higher. Only one of them offers an IV like hit because it bypasses the first pass hepatic metabolism that you go through if you hit the second.

I think not being aware of the difference is the cause of many people’s unsatisfactory plugging experiences.
Interesting, I didn’t know that. Thanks

I'm guessing that the lower part is more effective.

This can be explained by the rectal venous blood supply: the upper part is connected with the portal system, whereas the lower part is directly connected with the systemic circulation.

Yeah a lot of people are unaware of this.
The syringe should only go about 3-4cm deep, no more than that if you want to bypass the liver. Lying on your stomach should also be avoided, it's actually better to sit down (lying on the side is ok if you used more than ~1mL of liquid)

Even if your ingested drug does immediately pass through the liver the rate at which it is metabolised varies hugely by individual including on genetic factors. Things that might effect your high also include whether your high is actually from the metabolite of a pro-drug. I think this might be more an issue in some opiates (I don't know anything about opiates). Possibly also some RC's that are metabolised into the drug you really want.

Methamphetamine is metabolized by aromatic hydroxylation and N-demethylation, mainly through the liver enzyme CYP2D6, into two major metabolites: para-hydroxymethamphetamine (pOH-MA) and amphetamine (AMP), respectively. AMP is then further metabolized into para-hydroxyamphetamine (pOH-AMP), N-hydroxyamphetamine and norephedrine. However in addition to your natural metabolic clearance rate - which varies hugely between individuals -this enzyme can be induced or inhibited by a whole bunch of other drugs/foods.substances you might be taking.

This is an interesting read on your liver vs drugs

I'm guessing that the lower part is more effective.

This can be explained by the rectal venous blood supply: the upper part is connected with the portal system, whereas the lower part is directly connected with the systemic circulation.
Thanks for the link SOTS 😁 will check it out

How does plugging compare to intranasal? I've never been curious enough to try it.

I've got a nose of steel and can snort anything. Otherwise I would probably go back to IVing before I started plugging.

Even if your ingested drug does immediately pass through the liver the rate at which it is metabolised varies hugely by individual including on genetic factors. Things that might effect your high also include whether your high is actually from the metabolite of a pro-drug. I think this might be more an issue in some opiates (I don't know anything about opiates). Possibly also some RC's that are metabolised into the drug you really want.

Methamphetamine is metabolized by aromatic hydroxylation and N-demethylation, mainly through the liver enzyme CYP2D6, into two major metabolites: para-hydroxymethamphetamine (pOH-MA) and amphetamine (AMP), respectively. AMP is then further metabolized into para-hydroxyamphetamine (pOH-AMP), N-hydroxyamphetamine and norephedrine. However in addition to your natural metabolic clearance rate - which varies hugely between individuals -this enzyme can be induced or inhibited by a whole bunch of other drugs/foods.substances you might be taking.

This is an interesting read on your liver vs drugs

Thanks 🙏 So I’ve read up on everyone’s links and a bit more and I’m thinking I need to experiment more in targeting the inferior rectal region and associated vein rather than the superior region. I usually use 3ml syringes and insert up to the hilt lol 😂 and while this has been effective for stimulants (to the extent that I don’t bother injecting meth anymore when I use it, the rush is almost indistinguishable apart from kicking in after ten minutes rather than ten seconds) perhaps greater effect with opioids could be achieved by avoiding that sneaky portal vein and it’s first pass effect 🤔

How does plugging compare to intranasal? I've never been curious enough to try it.

I've got a nose of steel and can snort anything. Otherwise I would probably go back to IVing before I started plugging.
It appears to depend on the drug, person and a lot of other factors but for me in the case of plugging meth it is pretty much as good as injecting it so a lot better than intranasal ( i have chronic allergies and have never got much from snorting anything but still..)