• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What drugs are safe for someone w/ BiPolar?

Atozan

Greenlighter
I'm really itching to do some sort of drugs , but I don't have any idea what ones will work or not with my medication . I am on 3mg Clonazapam per day , 30mg Cymbalta, 5mg Saphris (antipsychotic similar to geodon). I know this combo will kill most psychedelics , including ketamine and DMT which I've been interested in trying. I also am afraid of DXM because of reading of possible seratonin syndrome with the cymbalta. Basically I just want some nice non weed highs and trips but don't know what else is out there to try, words of advice ?

Is your dose of cymbalta high? If it is a low dose, then I would say you can risk a first plateau dxm dose. You are pretty much in the same boat I'm in, I'm on 20 mg celexa a day (switched a week ago from Zoloft 100 mg) and I did a low first plateau of dxm last night, with no adverse effects (3rd time now) but there is still a risk of seratonin syndrome, so BE PREPARED. Have things for an emergency set up! Have someone who knows what you are doing (I know this isn't always possible, but for me its my parents, they don't approve of my drug use but they know they cant stop me and want me to be safe)

I really don't think telling someone to mix dxm with there prescribed SSRI's is good harm reduction advice. Yeah technically a low dose ssri with a low dose of dxm would have a less chance of getting SS but that doesn't mean it's safe, and the chance is still there. Sorry I usually don't get all into the HR seriousness but this time I felt I was needed. Dxm is a lame drug anyway, and risking any possible adverse effects for a high like that is stupid. OP honestly just take a few pain pills or something if you wanna get high.

First of all, let me just say that whenever you take any dose of a seratonegenic drug there is ALWAYS a chance of ss, it just increases the more seratonegenic drugs you take. Second of all, don't call a high "bad" just because you yourself doesn't enjoy the high. Every drug effects everyone differently.

Risperidone, Zyprexa, Depakote and other anti psychotics. Now for real, I'm not recommending this to you personally, but others have found weed safe. I said others, so no one bitch that I recommended that to OP.

Do anti-phsychotics react badly with weed or something? I'm 99% sure it doesn't react with ssri's...

First of all, let me just say that whenever you take any dose of a seratonegenic drug there is ALWAYS a chance of ss, it just increases the more seratonegenic drugs you take. Second of all, don't call a high "bad" just because you yourself doesn't enjoy the high. Every drug effects everyone differently.
Exactly so why would you recommend taking dxm while on a ssri? Even if in low doses it should be safe, some people are more sensitive to SS, and I'm sure most would agree Dxm is a dirty drug that's not very desirable. Definitely not worth risking any possible health problems for. There's a reason the majority of the people who use dxm for recreational purposes are high school kids who don't know any better and just want to get fucked up. I mean what's easier then buying or stealing a couple bottles of cough syrup so we can trip out right? You really have no case here buddy.

True, many people dislike dxm.
I used to love it and prefered it over other drugs, i was able to aquire.
I was even addicted to dxm.

But i second that it's really really bad advice to take dxm while on ssri's.

Im on 30 mg celexa a day and iv done several drugs without adverse reaction but everyone is different so you have to do it at your own risk noone can really tell you because there not you take it slow and easy if you start to.feel strange stop immediatly

Is your dose of cymbalta high? If it is a low dose, then I would say you can risk a first plateau dxm dose. You are pretty much in the same boat I'm in, I'm on 20 mg celexa a day (switched a week ago from Zoloft 100 mg) and I did a low first plateau of dxm last night, with no adverse effects (3rd time now) but there is still a risk of seratonin syndrome, so BE PREPARED. Have things for an emergency set up! Have someone who knows what you are doing (I know this isn't always possible, but for me its my parents, they don't approve of my drug use but they know they cant stop me and want me to be safe)

Damn you're dumb bro. Risk serotonin syndrome for a first plateau DXM trip? Why not just bang your head on the wall?

Thanks for the replies. I'll be honest about be and DXM, used to buy it all the time when I was a dumb highschool senior and take about 900mg every time of dex without acetaminophen or guafenessin so I wouldn't just die. But even after not having done it for over a year I still get cravings. Miss the shit. But it probably really isn't worth the risk associated with SS , and it may have been making me depressed , hard to say. But does anyone know anything that you can still trip hard on while on SSRIs and anti-psychs ? I do want to try ket because I love the dissociative effects of DXM and hear its a dissociative as well. But would a K-Hole be totally borring on my meds ?

From what I know, you could try lsd or something, I don't think that it will react to your meds, it would just be hard to control (correct me if I'm wrong) or, and alternative to lsd would be Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds maybe (which I'm going to try in the coming days)

Acid never worked when I was on effexor , and I don't know how to get real LSD but I could hunt. Where can one get these seeds ? And what do they do ?

Doing some research, iv found the only thing that reacts to hbwr seeds is mao inhibitors, and since you are on an ssri I'm assuming you aren't on one. I personally ordered some on eBay, were depending on the person, 10$ for 100 seeds, which is about 15 trips worth.

I'll seriously consider buying some . thanks ! Does anyone know how ket reacts with any of these drugs ? I'm really interested in K holing.

As I understand it, most drugs that raise serotonin have a high risk of triggering mania in people with bipolar (at least in type 1). Stimulants are also definitely a bad idea for anyone with bipolar. Seems to me that if you're really looking to get high, opiates would probably be the safest and most reliable option.

Last edited:
I took amphetamines and the doctor added Celexa. I thought it was great till she said I was manic. I would say no way to dxm. The HBW seeds, could work, but this is one reason I hate ssri's, because you really don't know how you will react. Whatever you, start real low and feel how your body reacts. This is why I even mentioned weed. To me it is safer however, ymmv.