• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

what do you think about straight edge people?

There is NOTHING more obnoxious than a militant straightedger. NOTHIIIIING. How they get so fucking crazy without drugs is a mystery to me.

My best friend is straightedge. It works out because he is intelligent and informed; he even believes weed should be legal. He just doesn't like altering his state of mind, which is his own choice and that's cool. Sometimes I'll smoke while hanging out with him--I try not to, though he couldn't care less--and he will ask me questions about what being high is like. It's fun.

The only bad straightedgers are those who hold an air of superiority, and that's a lame trait in anyone, not just sober folks.

My best friend is straightedge. It works out because he is intelligent and informed; he even believes weed should be legal. He just doesn't like altering his state of mind, which is his own choice and that's cool. Sometimes I'll smoke while hanging out with him--I try not to, though he couldn't care less--and he will ask me questions about what being high is like. It's fun.

The only bad straightedgers are those who hold an air of superiority, and that's a lame trait in anyone, not just sober folks.

This is very true.

LOL did anybody see that gangland episode with this straigh edge gang called FSU. They would go around beating the shit out of skin heads and people using/selling drugs at hardcore shows and on the streets. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends_Stand_United

When I was in high school I knew this straight edge kid. Back when he used drugs he dressed normal for the most part. Then he became straight egde and started reading satanic bibles in class, dressing really crazy, got a ton of peircings , dyed his hair all differnt colors. One of his outfits was a girls shirts that said I <3 dick, a kilt, and combat boots. LOL once he broke his ear gage with this combo lock he always used to put in it. He was a nice non-violent guy and was not one of those duch bag SXE kids but was a little preachy.

I have nothing against anybody that doesn't want to put chemicals into their body as long as they are not a stuck up ass hole about it and understand not everybody wants to live the exact same way they do.

Honestly, I have a lot of respect for the straight edge crowd. They're attracted to subcultures that tend toward drug use, but reject the drugs. Honestly, I think that if someone is fine without drugs, and would prefer not to use drugs, then their brain chemistry is probably well-balanced and (with the possible exception of psychedelics) they're probably better off not changing it. I started using drugs because my whole life seemed like one endless chore, and I felt like I had to try and enjoy something. But for people who enjoy their lives as they are, without drugs, more power to them.

The only thing that pisses me off are people like drug abuse counselors who have it in their heads that street drugs are always bad, the only good drugs come from pharmacies, and everyone in the world would be better off if they were "clean and sober." In general, people who force their own ideas of what's best for you on you, tend to piss me off.

LOL did anybody see that gangland episode with this straigh edge gang called FSU. They would go around beating the shit out of skin heads and people using/selling drugs at hardcore shows and on the streets. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friends_Stand_United

When I was in high school I knew this straight edge kid. Back when he used drugs he dressed normal for the most part. Then he became straight egde and started reading satanic bibles in class, dressing really crazy, got a ton of peircings , dyed his hair all differnt colors. One of his outfits was a girls shirts that said I <3 dick, a kilt, and combat boots. LOL once he broke his ear gage with this combo lock he always used to put in it. He was a nice non-violent guy and was not one of those duch bag SXE kids but was a little preachy.

I have nothing against anybody that doesn't want to put chemicals into their body as long as they are not a stuck up ass hole about it and understand not everybody wants to live the exact same way they do.

Lol at that "gang." I've been jumped by straight edgers who were some kinda gang, it was hard at the time for my brain to comprehend why they cared so much that I was high. Still is. One lesson learned though- drunk as fuck homeless crust punks > stone sober middle class straight edgers in fighting AND running skills.

I always thought it was funny how "drugs" count as chemicals and syringes are bad, yet tattoos and piercings are cool (even home done ones that end up infected and nasty), hair dyes and bleaching your hair and stuff is cool, etc.

How do most straightedgers feel about medicine? I assume they also never take benadryl, zyrtec or sudafed when they have allergies, no cough syrup of course, a lot of common otc and prescription medications are at least somewhat psychoactive. I've never known a straight edger well enough to ask them about that kinda thing.

How many people have known any straight edgers above the age of 30 and still active in the hardcore punk straightedge scene? I've known a few sxe kids, but all of them ended up at least drinking once they were in their mid 20s. Seems silly to me to never even try a drink or toke, you only live once.

^I don't think so. If someone feels as if they don't have to or even want to then so be it. We all don't do certain shit that other people do but its no biggie. So I don't see why its a big deal if someone doesn't want to drink, smoke or do drugs. Just my opinion.

He never said it was a big deal...just silly. Its not like one hit of weed or a drink will do the slightest bit of harm so why not atleast experience the feeling while you are alive and young.

I just seriousky do not even understand how anyone could resist the temptation. I would think the curiosity would be killer...especially when it is ALL OVER and socially acceptable.

Yeah it's not a big deal, it doesn't bother me at all, but it seems silly to me. I mean, small amounts of alcohol or weed are healthy to consume, to die without ever experiencing even a single light buzz seems very strange to me (not like one drink will get you drunk). It's like living your whole life and never going to the beach because you're scared of sharks, it doesn't bother me, but it's weird. Getting high strikes me as a basic human experience we all have access to in this day and age. There are potential harms, but not from trying it a single time.

No skin off my back if people don't want to do it, but I think they're silly for not even trying what I and many other people consider to be one of life's greatest pleasures.

Don't knock it before you try it is a good phrase to bring up here. They criticize drug users all the time, but straight edgers have, for the most part, never even tried drugs, which is silly. None of it's a big deal, to me they're just another group of punk kids at the end of the day. They just happen to be the group that is the most disruptive the most often ime.

No skin off my back if people don't want to do it, but I think they're silly for not even trying what I and many other people consider to be one of life's greatest pleasures.
Agreed. But in my eyes, they can do whatever the fuck they want, I care 0% about what they have to say.

So, this being the Straight -Edge thread, what is some of your favorite straight-edge music?

I really enjoy:

Minor Threat (already mentioned that)
Earth Crisis
Stalag 13

Yeah it's not a big deal, it doesn't bother me at all, but it seems silly to me. I mean, small amounts of alcohol or weed are healthy to consume, to die without ever experiencing even a single light buzz seems very strange to me (not like one drink will get you drunk). It's like living your whole life and never going to the beach because you're scared of sharks, it doesn't bother me, but it's weird. Getting high strikes me as a basic human experience we all have access to in this day and age. There are potential harms, but not from trying it a single time.

Don't knock it before you try it is a
good phrase to bring up here. They criticize drug users all the time, but straight edgers have, for the most part, never even tried drugs, which is silly. None of it's a big deal, to me they're just another group of punk kids at the end of the day. They just happen to be the group that is the most disruptive the most often ime.

Well said and agree 100%.

I didn't say it was a big deal but I still think that its whatever. Its not weird or silly to me. Its just like cool, you do you.

Minor Threat is cool, but I never got too into them though. I looooooove Have Heart though. Im glad I got to see them live before they broke up.

^have heart I love too... even though its kind of funny. I could never buy one of their hoodies because most of them had something to do with being straightedge :'( I seen them twice though, rip to a good band.

Straight Edge people are alright. I have some straight edge friends. I don't criticize them for being straight edge and they don't criticize me for being a drug user.

I have a few straight edge friends. It's hard to talk about things we like. They can be pretty annoying with their "anti-drug" shit.

Suum cuique.

(To each their own).

I guess one stark difference is that when they spend money, they have something that lasts a lot longer than 5 minutes ;)