• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids What do I do with Opium? How do I smoke it correctly?

rave23

Bluelighter
Greetings,

I am looking for information regarding the ingestion of Opium. I tried looking for a thread on this site that had the information that I needed, but couldn't find it.

As chance will have it, I'm going to find myself in possession of genuine Opium soon. Naturally, I'm wondering how I'm supposed to smoke it. Having gotten rid in the past of all pipes, bongs and other paraphernalia I'm at a bit of a loss. A quick look over at erowid told me to smoke a match head sized amount, through a bong, preferably with cannabis or tobacco. I don't want to use either. This is a one time chance to sample the genuine product, and I want to make the most of it.

Can I smoke this off of aluminum foil? Or simply light a piece on fire on the end of a pin and then blow it out and inhale the smoke, like one might do with hash? Or are there other methods available that don't require a trip to the head shop.

What about eating it? Would I use the same amount I would use for smoking?

Any advice is welcome :)

I used to get very good results using the hot knives method. If you're not familiar with it, here's (an admittedly rather shit) tutorial video.

https://youtu.be/Lv24h6YHLno

Very nice when combined with some black hash...

That's hilarious, because the second post in that thread is by me complaining that I can't get real opium anymore. Only took me 12 years to find it again :D Which reminds me that I used to simply put some in a rolled joint. But I can't do that, as I don't want to be smoking cannabis. I guess I'll try out the foil and the light bulb vape.

@FUBAR: I might try out something similar to hot knifes. Cheers.

Place substance on lit charcoal[like the type used with hookahs] on a ceramic dish, cover with regular drinking glass until glass is very foggy inside, then lift edge of glass and inhale through drinking straw. Not trying to encourage use. Don't make it too regular either.

I find that the strongest effects come from consumption. Despite it?s lower bioavailability, it?s a lot dreamier/?noddy?, and i find that the effect is stronger at equipotent doses, and lasts much longer. Potency varies wildly, but I always start with 100mg, and if it doesnt work after 2.5 hours, add 200mg. 300mg of the stuff I used to make (strictly for personal use) was typically a nice, moderately strong dose, if my opiate tolerance was at a reasonable level. To test potency, I?d try smoking it using the methods listed above, and use about 2x the amount needed to acheive an effect through smoking, either mixed into alcohol or just eaten straight, and it should give u a good, loooong lasting buzz. Its my favorite high, much better than heroin imo.

Its my favorite high, much better than heroin imo.
True, so true =D

Smoking opium means to waste the stuff.
Consumtion is the best way. Be careful with solid opium, it takes it's time to dissolve in the stomach. You might get an overdose if you take more after short time.
Best way to get a fast turn is to make some liquid - just water and opium.
Cheers