• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What Different Forms Of LSD (Acid) Are There?

MeganMAvery1991

Greenlighter
So far I only know of blotter paper (tabs), liquid LSD, microdots, and geltabs, but are there any others? And what exactly is White Fluff, Needlepoint, Windowpane, Silver, and Orange Sunshine Acid, and what makes them all different from each other? And lastly what are LSD Barrels? Like i've heard of Purple barrels and Orange barrels but have absolutly no clue as to what they actually are? Thank you!

Afaik:
windowpane = geltabs
barrels = microdots in the form of a barrel
white fluff/needlepoint/silver = referring to the quality/purity of LSD crystals, pretty irrelevant to the enduser
orange sunshine = I think there is an ongoing debate on whether it was just a certain 'brand' of LSD that gained great popularity or if it was a different compound altogether

It's all LSD, just held in different suspensions. If it were in tablets, it would simply be LSD mixed in with something that can be pressed into a pill. If it were liquid, it's simply LSD dissolved in a solvent. If it's on a tab, it was LSD dissolved in a liquid that is then spread over the paper and left to dry, leaving behind LSD-infused paper.

But yeah, LSD is LSD :)

LSD is a specific arrangement of atoms in a molecular structure. If the atoms are arranged in the LSD structure then it's LSD. If it isn't then it's not LSD. It really is that simple. There's no LSD that's righteously mellow and other LSD that is a bummer. That's all nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

The idea that you have "different" types of LSD is just a marketing technique. When you're selling it's good to be able to say "Dude, this is alaskan thunderfuck LSD, specially developed to be righteously mellow".

Don't forget about liquid, guys. Just crystal dissolved into good ol' grain alcohol. Generally it will be in an eyedropper or tincture bottle, or occasionally a syringe. It's the strongest stuff by volume next to crystal IME.

Then there's crystal. It's just pure LSD powder/crystals. You won't find it on the streets unless you REALLY know where to look. They say you only have to lick the head of a needle and dip it in. If you can see the crystals on your needle, you're taking too much.

Last edited:
Goggle polymorphism that is basically where the same substance is in a different form with different textures etc. Just how there is many different colors and textures of ethylphenidate for example.

Or mdma crystal is a great example. There is pink brown tan clear. All forms color doesn't indicate purity.

^ no, that's "white on white" - fluff is a reference to crystal, and widely considered to be sales hype (bullshit).

While I agree that LSD is LSD and there are no different kinds, I also think that it is conceivable that certain factors can influence the trip. Liquid probably will be absorbed faster than pills. And maybe impurities from the synth can have some influence as well. Even the paint from the blotterart could cause things like gi discomfort. I don't know for sure if these things can have any noticable influence, but imo they cannot be ruled out completely.

I dunno Don, the liquid might make you comeup faster but the other things - LSD has a vast range of effects all by itself. I don't think you need to look for other things to explain any variation in trips.

The consensus usually seems to be that all LSD is LSD. That makes me not really get the "brown acid" at woodstock.

There was also the whole belief that the mood of the chemist changed the doses. That was thrown around a lot about owsley stanley's stuff and dead head beliefs.

Levon Helm (in the band) talked about "brown acid" at Woodstock. He said "Fortunately I had me some of that brown acid. They didn't want anyone to take that. Yeah - don't take it, bring it backstage for me. I took it the morning after - walking through the grass you could see the dew rising in different colours"

It's all LSD, just held in different suspensions. If it were in tablets, it would simply be LSD mixed in with something that can be pressed into a pill. If it were liquid, it's simply LSD dissolved in a solvent. If it's on a tab, it was LSD dissolved in a liquid that is then spread over the paper and left to dry, leaving behind LSD-infused paper.

But yeah, LSD is LSD :)

I agree with everything posted here, and what Ismene posted.