• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What did my OD do to me?!?

900rr Rider

Greenlighter
Ok I've been a heroin - opiate user for about 8 - 10 years. Luckily I've never had what I would consider a "real OD", UNTIL last week....
Now I have to explain that I used to use up to 2 grams a day IV of some pretty quality stuff. Of course that was built up over time and I typically tried to stay to 1g a day or less.

So back before Christmas I got cleaned up for a couple months then started using again around February, but quickly got back on subs as I have in the past, I was literally only taking about 1 - 2 mg a day of suboxone or subutex (whatever I could find).
About 10 days ago I was working with my cousin and started partying again. I know many people that have OD'd and know the dangers of taking a big shot with basically no tolerance, so I started pretty slow. But on the 3rd day I took a decent sized shot and woke up on the bathroom floor. My cousin freaked out bc he had no idea what to do and was just pouring water on me and doing CPR, he says that I was barely breathing and blue, definitely the worst OD I've ever had. I woke up puking, it was NOT good!

So obviously I was freaked out and started calling around for subs, but wasn't able to get any right away. So the plan was to just use as little dope as possible for a couple days till I could get subs, here's the thing that really freakes me out.
For 2 - 3 days almost every time I banged some dope I literally woke up on the floor again!!!!!
Sometimes for only a few minutes and a couple times for at least 15 min and my cousin was unable to wake me up! I know what your thinking but I honestly was taking small amounts of dope and a couple times it was only a wash that still did that to me!
I don't think it was the dope bc we had at least 3 different kinds over that period of time and my cousin had no affect and even thought that the dope that I OD'd on wasn't as good as the other 2....?

So, has anyone heard of this?
Should I be afraid that this could continue forever?
I haven't been an "every day" user for a while (supplementing with subs) and I plan to stay that way but I have to admit that I would still like to be able to use every now and then (just being honest)..... Plus I've used for so long, I consider myself pretty careful and "experienced" not that that counts for much when your shooting heroin but I feel having some knowledge is better than none... Anyway.

Sorry for such a long post, hope this is in the right spot.
Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.

I don't use heroin but I know that people will cut it will other substance and some of the ingredients that get cut in are like Benadryl (can't remember the chemical name) and Benadryl when mixed with opioids can knock u the fuck out I know that when I would take oxy with it I would pass right out so there could just be a bad batch of H going around with way to much Benadryl mixed in idk like I said not a pro but still slightly educated hope I helped any

Thanks for the reply. I could see that but my cousin had used the same batch and had no problems and he used a lot more than I did. Plus I used 3 different batched with the same result after my OD...
I guess I'll find out someday, lol I'm back on subs for a while tho.

That's not normal bud, i would avoid iv h like the plague, if youre falling out that easily!

- Hopeless 7nos

Maybe you've fried your receptors? I would try to go a week or two without any opiates, or at least minimal exposure, to see if they can reset themselves. The longer the better.

I definitely did something! After 15 years of use and a good 8 years of almost every day use this is NOT normal!
Ive been on subs for almost 2 weeks now and the last week I've weened myself down to almost nothing, think I'm going to clean my ass up for a while at least. That was some scary shit!!!
Ive litterally never fallen out before, had some nods and shit but never to the point where someone couldn't wake me up! Then to have it happen repeatedly over a couple days even with a wash.... Something isn't right.

i was kind of hoping that some other people had something similar happen and tell me that I had nothing to worry about...lol but I guess anytime your IV'ing heroin there's something to worry about. Makes me wish I could go back 4 or 5 years and decide NOT to try injecting it "just once"! Now I have to fucking shoot everything including subs... Such a stupid habit!
I will say this tho, when I shoot subs (I know it's a bad idea) I can make an 8mg strip last longer than a week if I want! Could never do that taking them sublingualy....