View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

What did I smoke?

sadasaulna

Bluelighter
Years ago (early 1990s, in the U.K.) I smoked a lot of weed, and back then the weed we got the most of was resin. One day at school there was some kids chatting about a new kind of weed that was going around that was dipped in LSD. I've since learned this is highly unlikely since the LSD would be destroyed by the high temps?

So I came home and my brother has got some of this weed the kids were talking about at school.

At this point in my life I'm ~15 years old and could handle my weed pretty well, and my brother even more so. Our Friday night enjoyment was to flick on the telly or the stereo, and just cane the weed till 3AM on a Saturday morning.

So we light up a joint of this stuff, and I have 3 tokes on it, and then it hits me like a train. I'm stoned out of my mind. Harder and faster than I had ever been. I try to tell my brother this and can barely speak, and he's already laughing at me calling me a lightweight. So I pass it to him, and few tokes later he is also utterly baked. All we got through that night was this one joint between us and I was more fucked up than I have ever been. Things started to get really unpleasant and trippy and I tried to go to bed, I tried to read but the letters would jump around, turn into other objects, words would fall off the page, everything. I can't remember much details after that other than I had what I would describe as a "bad trip" that was very scary. Finally I slept.

On the Saturday afternoon we went shopping with my dad, and I'm pushing the cart round and I'm still tripping.

So having got the measure of this stuff we treat it with a bit more respect and now find that we make a small single skin joint with a tiny bit of the weed in smoked between us and get really high.

This stuff lasted us an age, and we were glad to be rid of it in the end, because it was messing us up.

So the question is I guess...what the HELL was this stuff?

Hi there :) welcome to the forum

sorry, there is a no 'what did I take' thread rule here and I'm afraid that includes what you smoked or toked..

What I will say is: the 'LSD' mentioned is likely just to be a familiar name for some psychedelic or dissociative drug that the resin was apparently laced with. Reasons being not only that a significant part would be lost by heat, but it would also be costly, generally lossy and may then make you trip by touching it and accidentally then touching your mouth etc. It would be foolish to waste LSD like that if it really was that.

There are various possibilities, not the least being certain dissociatives. Unfortunately it's virtually impossible to tell at this point.

If you are just curious, I can understand but too bad aye? If you just want to know what to avoid in the future, let me say that taking an unknown dose of a psychedelic or dissociative cannabis was laced with is not representative for taking such a drug properly. You ought to take a normal or light dose, be careful and considerate of your set and setting taking it knowingly and avoid cannabis the first number of trips until you know what you're doing, as it is likely to be overwhelming and anxiety/paranoia inducing otherwise.

will have to close this thread - but you can get your word in of course

Ooops sorry about that, I should have read the rules!

I was only 15 years old at that time so was rather reckless looking back. I'd be much more scared of such as drug now than I was then. Dissociative sounds about right for this stuff, it sort of put you outside your body, as though reality were a video game and unfortunately all these years later I'm prone to a bit of psychosis and the likes even without any drugs. I was getting closed eye visuals with fractal universes and a devil's face the other day, no drugs or alcohol consumed other than my prescribed zoloft.