• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine What cut would react with bleach to turn red/orange?

UK Warrior

Bluelighter
Hi everyone, I am addicted to cocaine and every morning I put bleach down my toilet to clean it.

I have noticed with one dealer in particular if I blow my nose not long after doing a line the paper with the snot on will turn a reddish orange colour reacting with the bleach when I put it down the toilet.

This doesn't happen with other dealers, and this cocaine is more crunchy instead of soft.

So my question is what cut could react reddish orange with bleach, and if it is a dangerous cut or not.

Thank you all for your help.

Possibly potassium bromide?
It's used as an anticonvulsant in dogs but causes depression, weakness, and fatigue in humans.
I don't know why anyone would cut cocaine with it, but these days who knows?

Just putting together a google search about bleach turning red and one of the things in that list, maybe it's got laundry detergent in it? Apparently laundry detergent and bleach will turn red/orange if they're put in water together.

Possibly potassium bromide?
It's used as an anticonvulsant in dogs but causes depression, weakness, and fatigue in humans.
I don't know why anyone would cut cocaine with it, but these days who knows?
That one sounds quite scary. I looked at the list you provided but I don't think any react with bleach to turn red.
Just putting together a google search about bleach turning red and one of the things in that list, maybe it's got laundry detergent in it? Apparently laundry detergent and bleach will turn red/orange if they're put in water together.
I guess that would explain the crunchiness of the cocaine. I have no sense of smell from my cocaine use so wouldn't be able to tell if it was this or not but it is more likely than the potassium bromide, at least I believe it would be.

Smoothie powder? I guess that is possible and it is cherry flavoured or something like that making it turn red.
Yes exactly! But none the less, that would freak me out too if I saw my tissue turned orange like that. Could you just ask buddy what’s up with that or nah? 😅lol

Yes exactly! But none the less, that would freak me out too if I saw my tissue turned orange like that. Could you just ask buddy what’s up with that or nah? 😅lol
That is an insane cut but I wouldn't be surprised lol. Not really, I live in the UK and it is mostly organised drug dealing operations, you phone the number someone answers the phone then when they get off the phone they contact the runner to deliver it. I believe it is so you are not riding around with 7 phones on you to raise suspicion lol plus also if the runner gets arrested they get to keep the same phone number going, like the police don't get it.

ok so different person each time, obviously not a friend or 'connect' you can share experiences and questions with....

Bad news, noone can tell you what your blow is cut with and they do use insane things (powdered glass, fentanyl), the good news is it sounds like an organization; they usually keep fairly consistent on quality and cuts. (as you experience this orange thing each time this tracks?)

you are a snorter I have gathered from your post which makes guaging purity by dose fairly tough. Plus I think it isnt the lack of cocaine your worried about but the presence of cut x if I understood

The only way to know would be to take a very small amount (think a line or less) and send it to a testing company. I am not sure how that works in the uk as in the US mailing a sample in for testing is still technically using the gov to move coke from point a to point b.

Frankly I wonder how drug testing companies get around this, they are mailing piss with all kinds of illegal drugs in it all over. (im gunna guess they get an exception cuz they are deemd 'good' by who the hell ever)

That is an insane cut but I wouldn't be surprised lol. Not really, I live in the UK and it is mostly organised drug dealing operations, you phone the number someone answers the phone then when they get off the phone they contact the runner to deliver it. I believe it is so you are not riding around with 7 phones on you to raise suspicion lol plus also if the runner gets arrested they get to keep the same phone number going, like the police don't get it.
Ahhhh, okay that makes complete sense now. Sounds like a big full on operation. UKwarrior lol I should have known you were from the UK 😅

I’m from Canada, it’s kinda boring over here haha.

ok so different person each time, obviously not a friend or 'connect' you can share experiences and questions with....

Bad news, noone can tell you what your blow is cut with and they do use insane things (powdered glass, fentanyl), the good news is it sounds like an organization; they usually keep fairly consistent on quality and cuts. (as you experience this orange thing each time this tracks?)

you are a snorter I have gathered from your post which makes guaging purity by dose fairly tough. Plus I think it isnt the lack of cocaine your worried about but the presence of cut x if I understood

The only way to know would be to take a very small amount (think a line or less) and send it to a testing company. I am not sure how that works in the uk as in the US mailing a sample in for testing is still technically using the gov to move coke from point a to point b.

Frankly I wonder how drug testing companies get around this, they are mailing piss with all kinds of illegal drugs in it all over. (im gunna guess they get an exception cuz they are deemd 'good' by who the hell ever)
I mainly use 3 different groups, as I get my first ticket at 8AM and sometimes the runners for one line haven't started working yet so I get it from one of the others.

Yes it is always with this organisation I get the red reaction, and yes they are very consistent it is always the same stuff.

I am a snorter yes, I didn't realise it made gauging purity harder. Which route of administration makes it easier? And yes I am not bothered about the quality just was a bit alarmed how it reacted with bleach.

I'm not sure on the laws here either but we have websites like pill reports and people are always sending pills in for testing on there so its probably technically illegal but people do it anyway.

I would imagine it is just where it is a urine sample and not actual drugs being collected is how they get away with it but I do get where you are coming from.
Ahhhh, okay that makes complete sense now. Sounds like a big full on operation. UKwarrior lol I should have known you were from the UK 😅

I’m from Canada, it’s kinda boring over here haha.
Most of the drug lines around here are full on operations, there is the odd dealer here and there that I know that work for themselves but there are a lot more of the other type. I live in somewhere called Canvey Island and its completely flooded with cocaine, I have about 6 numbers for the operation type lines it seems just about everyone is on it lol.

Haha, yeah the name gives it away a bit. The warrior part is to do with my first name, it gave me a nickname at school thanks to Arnie in a film about a certain barbarian, I am sure you can connect the dots lol.

Whats boring about Canada and are you in a cold part? I have always wanted to go to either Canada or Alaska for some strange reason lol

I would look at some of the pilltesting/substance testing websites and see what they recommend, I am sure there is a procedure. If not just do it on the low? Or don't that is totally your call.

OR ALTERNATIVELY WE CAN USE THIS PISSTEST THING. You could snort some of said blow, buy a pisstest from walmart or CVS or whatever, when it turns positive mail it in......shit no this might not work as theyd just confirm cocaine and not list the cuts. Damn thought i was clever for sec.

It is a good thing you are a snorter, but if it were say IV use (well you might be dead from this cut) but purity would be easier to guage. Anyone shootin more than .2 ish has got a death wish (and they know it) or is getting shite gear.

Oh shit you are Conan O'brien forsure. Top of the mornin.

"I imagine where it is a urine sample and not actual drugs" -- The urine absolutely contains drugs (at least in a good # of cases lol).
No different than mailing a morphine or cocaine soda? and you know those damn junkies lol theyll go to any lengths!

Sorry to nitpick but I like to imagine there is some massive drugtesting CEO; lets say the guy that owns QUEST LABs, hiring an insane chemist filtering out the drugs ng by ng. Knowing with the amount of samples sent nationwide at the pace they are; at least that CEO and mad chemist would have all of anything they wanted, always, forever. "Its like Office Space but with Piss!" - "The epic QUEST to get really high while being paid and subsidized to do it"

We use to be able to get poppy pods under the same general idea, sure theres some dope in there but not much and youd have to buy alot. Haha well we did, wait whos we. (steps out of sight to make floral arrangement)

I would look at some of the pilltesting/substance testing websites and see what they recommend, I am sure there is a procedure. If not just do it on the low? Or don't that is totally your call.

OR ALTERNATIVELY WE CAN USE THIS PISSTEST THING. You could snort some of said blow, buy a pisstest from walmart or CVS or whatever, when it turns positive mail it in......shit no this might not work as theyd just confirm cocaine and not list the cuts. Damn thought i was clever for sec.

It is a good thing you are a snorter, but if it were say IV use (well you might be dead from this cut) but purity would be easier to guage. Anyone shootin more than .2 ish has got a death wish (and they know it) or is getting shite gear.

Oh shit you are Conan O'brien forsure. Top of the mornin.

"I imagine where it is a urine sample and not actual drugs" -- The urine absolutely contains drugs (at least in a good # of cases lol).
No different than mailing a morphine or cocaine soda? and you know those damn junkies lol theyll go to any lengths!

Sorry to nitpick but I like to imagine there is some massive drugtesting CEO; lets say the guy that owns QUEST LABs, hiring an insane chemist filtering out the drugs ng by ng. Knowing with the amount of samples sent nationwide at the pace they are; at least that CEO and mad chemist would have all of anything they wanted, always, forever. "Its like Office Space but with Piss!" - "The epic QUEST to get really high while being paid and subsidized to do it"

We use to be able to get poppy pods under the same general idea, sure theres some dope in there but not much and youd have to buy alot. Haha well we did, wait whos we. (steps out of sight to make floral arrangement)
I will look into it for sure as it is quite a strange reaction, not condoning anything illegal but I used to get massive amounts of Xanax through the post. They was either made to look like ebay sellers with stickers on them or a womans underwear company packaging lol.

I have to do piss tests every 2 weeks, not once has something else come up so it must be coke. (I am in treatment and waiting to go to rehab soon).

You got the first name right, it's just pronounced Coh-nan instead of Cone-anne.

I've only ever shot crack in a speedball, thats another story I have been clean from opiates for 3 years. We had to use citric acid and also for the heroin as I believe we get number 3 in the UK so you can smoke it but it needs an acid to be injected. I hate doing my testosterone replacement therapy as each time I have to get out a 25G needle to draw up then a 27 to inject into my glute. That really reminds me of using.

Haha yeah that is true, there could be an epidemic of insane chemists removing the drug for resale. That puts me off a bit, snorting pee containing coke lol.

Can you no longer get poppy pods then? I wasn't aware of that and imagine you bought it by the pound or KG or whatever unit of measurement people like to use lol. I never tried poppy seed tea, I started on dihydrocodeine 30MG tablets and was soon eating 15-20 a day. When I ran out which was fast I would buy methadone to stop the withdrawals, probably too much as it made me high for about 24 hours lol. How did your floral arrangement go?

I mainly use 3 different groups, as I get my first ticket at 8AM and sometimes the runners for one line haven't started working yet so I get it from one of the others.

Yes it is always with this organisation I get the red reaction, and yes they are very consistent it is always the same stuff.

I am a snorter yes, I didn't realise it made gauging purity harder. Which route of administration makes it easier? And yes I am not bothered about the quality just was a bit alarmed how it reacted with bleach.

I'm not sure on the laws here either but we have websites like pill reports and people are always sending pills in for testing on there so its probably technically illegal but people do it anyway.

I would imagine it is just where it is a urine sample and not actual drugs being collected is how they get away with it but I do get where you are coming from.

Most of the drug lines around here are full on operations, there is the odd dealer here and there that I know that work for themselves but there are a lot more of the other type. I live in somewhere called Canvey Island and its completely flooded with cocaine, I have about 6 numbers for the operation type lines it seems just about everyone is on it lol.

Haha, yeah the name gives it away a bit. The warrior part is to do with my first name, it gave me a nickname at school thanks to Arnie in a film about a certain barbarian, I am sure you can connect the dots lol.

Whats boring about Canada and are you in a cold part? I have always wanted to go to either Canada or Alaska for some strange reason lol
Honestly never heard of Canvey island but now imma google it lol. I probably woulda loved that place a few years ago when I was on that stuff.

It’s all cold lol but I’m in the southern part. But it’s still cold here. And I don’t live in the Arctic if that’s what you thought lol. 😝

Are your pisstests sent to a lab? If so you could probably get a list of everything in your system that isn't there naturally with a request I think. (I would hope they would understand your concern of a dangerous cut) I guess I assume you are failing them, if not definitely don't fail your pisstest to find out what the cut is. I would suggest getting a small amount tested and use whatever procedure they reccomend; if you feel it is important enough....The post doesn't worry me too much either; I try to keep it in the just barely on legal side, still some of the same tricks. mislabeling, which can be annoying lol......

Nope no more more poppy pods (there may be 'sources' but the days of them on ebay and everywhere else are gone) some of them could have up to 60mg of morphine per pod. (if my math is off please correct me) but you are aloud to mail 0mg, 0 ng as far as I knew; but the piss test people beat that some how....(Transparency and regulations Im sure; still BS) DHC is better than poppy pods IMO, some people would argue that.

Been there with the rock. my dude (at the time, total crackfiend, and now snitch) "accidentally" gave me hard instead of soft. Citric acid beats apple vinegar (what I had on hand). I have been clean from needles for about 10 years (when the fent started showin up in every batch). BTW you are actually lucky AF, right now #3 is about the best as they haven't seem to start hitting it with fent yet. (Always use a fent test strip and start as low as if its straight poison) ......... 27 gauge, thats pretty damn big man! I like the 30s myself but wont go lower (bigger) than 28.

Wanna be really creeped out? Some drugs, meth especially is almost all metabolized and pissed out...leaving meth heads justifying drinking piss! (extreme cases of course). Haha im just ruinin life for you but you know earth has had the same amount of water the entire time. (hence we are drinking many times recycled piss no matter what).......but if it was done by a chemist properly I imagine it would be about pharma-grade pure....of course this is all very theoretical lol. Also one more gross factor you already know im sure, alot of coke comes in to the country inside of humans. One hole or another...

*edit* haha I live in the tundra. We have similar temperatures as Siberia; although climate change seems very real; didn't even have to shovel the roof this winter. *fingers crossed

Last edited:
Honestly never heard of Canvey island but now imma google it lol. I probably woulda loved that place a few years ago when I was on that stuff.

It’s all cold lol but I’m in the southern part. But it’s still cold here. And I don’t live in the Arctic if that’s what you thought lol. 😝
Did you google it? We are a fairly small Island in the thames estuary, about a 40 minute train ride from London. Haha, that made me chuckle but I am glad you are now clean. Did you find it hard?

Oh lol I thought the Southern parts were kind of like New Yorks weather for some reason. And no, I didn't think you lived in an igloo lol
Are your pisstests sent to a lab? If so you could probably get a list of everything in your system that isn't there naturally with a request I think. (I would hope they would understand your concern of a dangerous cut) I guess I assume you are failing them, if not definitely don't fail your pisstest to find out what the cut is. I would suggest getting a small amount tested and use whatever procedure they reccomend; if you feel it is important enough....The post doesn't worry me too much either; I try to keep it in the just barely on legal side, still some of the same tricks. mislabeling, which can be annoying lol......

Nope no more more poppy pods (there may be 'sources' but the days of them on ebay and everywhere else are gone) some of them could have up to 60mg of morphine per pod. (if my math is off please correct me) but you are aloud to mail 0mg, 0 ng as far as I knew; but the piss test people beat that some how....(Transparency and regulations Im sure; still BS) DHC is better than poppy pods IMO, some people would argue that.

Been there with the rock. my dude (at the time, total crackfiend, and now snitch) "accidentally" gave me hard instead of soft. Citric acid beats apple vinegar (what I had on hand). I have been clean from needles for about 10 years (when the fent started showin up in every batch). BTW you are actually lucky AF, right now #3 is about the best as they haven't seem to start hitting it with fent yet. (Always use a fent test strip and start as low as if its straight poison) ......... 27 gauge, thats pretty damn big man! I like the 30s myself but wont go lower (bigger) than 28.

Wanna be really creeped out? Some drugs, meth especially is almost all metabolized and pissed out...leaving meth heads justifying drinking piss! (extreme cases of course). Haha im just ruinin life for you but you know earth has had the same amount of water the entire time. (hence we are drinking many times recycled piss no matter what).......but if it was done by a chemist properly I imagine it would be about pharma-grade pure....of course this is all very theoretical lol. Also one more gross factor you already know im sure, alot of coke comes in to the country inside of humans. One hole or another...

*edit* haha I live in the tundra. We have similar temperatures as Siberia; although climate change seems very real; didn't even have to shovel the roof this winter. *fingers crossed
No my pisstests aren't, they are done there and then and test for Buprenorphine, methadone, opiates, amphetamines and cocaine.They don't bother testing for cannabis, although I don't smoke that due to my mental health (it puts me in a bad place, anxiety, panic attacks etc).
Yes I am failing them but I'm not under a court order or anything so it doesn't matter. Yeah I imagine mislabeling would be a nightmare lol.

Thats a shame to hear, I heard that poppy pod tea could be quite nice. 60MG of morphine sounds like a nice amount. I see, maybe if DHC is better I didn't miss out too much on the poppy pods.

Oh no, I gather you was IV using then if you was diluting down crack? My arms are a mess, last time I was in hospital they tried to cannulate me 27 times no lie, until they got an ultrasound machine and found a vein quite deep in my arm.
I wouldn't know with the number 3 and fent, I have managed to be clean from heroin for about 3 years. Alcohol and cocaine is my current problem.
Yes 27G is fairly big, but where I am on anabolic steroids to replace my natural testosterone it comes in a kind of oil. Any smaller and it won't come out plus it needs to go deep into my glute. 30G was what I used myself when I was using.

Good god, now I am imagining meth heads drinking each others piss lol. I guess thats true that we are always drinking recycled piss. Yeah you may well be right if there was a proper chemist it may be possible to get pharma grade stuff out of urine tests. Thats a new conspiracy theory you have put into my head now, the drug test companies sell on the drugs to make profit haha.

Where is the Tundra? Sorry I am not the best with geography, but a similar temperature to siberia makes me think it is very cold. Wait, what? You have to shovel the roof if the snow gets too thick? Isn't that kind of dangerous with all the ice up there lol?

Last edited:
Yea the poppy pod thing was a nice little net to fall back on....if things went south with the plug just e-mart-bay your way through the hurt. It was empowering lol.

Yeah, decided I would rather IV than smoke it; and I know the guy gave me hard on purpose...seemed like a logical way to get around it without talking to his bitchass a second time....I am fairly lucky, I was able to keep my IV'ing to either a couple times a month or a week long binge with no more than 3 shots a day.... *luckily I was already on bluelight so I knew all the proper technique and to rotate veins* and I credit bluelight for the fact I have no track marks at all. Thanks to all you longtime BL'ers!! GLAD to hear you weren't using 27 guage to IV as a rule! I am sorry to hear about your arms though; Could be that coke is a vasoconsctrictor and quite corrosive. (literally shrinks your veins up for a period, vasoconstriction)

Damn, my pisstesting was for bupe too; but they sent it to quest labrotories for confirmation. (which I thought was SOP,), do they poor the piss out in front of you or do you leave it in a cup and find out later? (damn i wish my place didnt send to a lab lol)

haha it is a fun conspiracy to imagine, even more fun to throw back in there face as an accusation. (since your in a bupe clinic I am guessing you have had some far fetched accusations) ex. One time I couldn't get to the pharmacy for a week and they took 14 plls out of the bottle reasoning I would have 14 extras to "sell or trade" so they hadto take things into their own hands. "Well at least I dont mail narcotics through the federal governments post'' .. Touche bitches.

DHC better than Codeine; not morphine. Which is confusing as codeine is a morphine prodrug; but it basically comes down to two factors
1. Your liver will only metabolise 400 mg of codeine into x mgs morphine (considerably less than 400, perhaps less than 60 mg, I forget the ratio)
1. oral morphine has a poor bioavailability of about 30%, so lets say 400 mg codeine = 60 mg oral morphine = 20 mg morphine is what youd get. (still feels high as a 20 mg morphine shot is a good hit if your opi naive-ish even.

In my case the TUNDRA is located in northern wisconsin and the northern peninsula of MI. If I remember right tundra is anywhere where the ground freezes and does not unthaw in the summer. and YES it is dangerous AF, my furnace died this winter and if it hadnt been fairy mild for us, well ??...alot of people dont make it through each winter. Yes, if you don't shovel your roof it will collapse; and yes it is very dangerous, we got one thing working for us though.... the steeper the roof incline the less snow that gathers on it and the less you have to do it. Flat roofs, FAIRLY safe but all the snow sits on them. Lol when I was younger after finishing shoveling my grandpas roof as payment I was alowed to do backflips off his roof into the snowbank I created.

I would love to be located anywhere else, but it is damn cheap and I got 40 acres of swamp/forest just teeming with nature. Yesterday alone I saw a mallard duck, a heard of dear, an eagle (or very large hawk it was way up), a bullfrog thats been alive 100 and some years. (im always worried hes gunna die and the town will blame us, and they would believe me) and all the garden variety birds that we feed.

it is usually twice a winter; sometimes three. a few thanksgivings ago power went out in the whole and we were all moved into the local HS gym. It is still blizzarding here!