• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What cause crack paranoia?

travelaroundNC

Bluelighter
What causes crack paranoia? And are there suggestions to make it go away other than "don't smoke crack." The first few times I smoked crack I partied and had a great time without any issues but now increasing more I am getting paranoia when I smoke, checking out the windows every few minutes for cops etc. This takes away the fun. I am really interested in any insight on what causes this and if there is a way to address it.

Lol since no one else is offering anything helpful..

Drinking before smoking it also helps. I find it best to get nice and toasty off liquor before beggining smoking if no opiates are available.

But opiates are my priority so that never really happens unless someone else is paying which is very very rare, i normally ride solo

Crack causes extremely vivid auditory hallucinations. Which in turn leads to paranoia and/or full blown psychosis.

Opioids, barbituates or benzos are best for combating this.
I always use alcohol as a last resort due to the cocaethylene intoxication that occurs from mixing blow and booze.

Hope this helps.

When i first saw hallucinations i was gonna call BS tilll i read AUDITORY hallucinations... and oh yes it does, and theyre fucking terrible lol. Ive imagined hearing some crazy shit of "people calling in about to bust me" that werent really there... not fun

I like to take xanax before I do any cocaine product.

Thanks so far everyone for the (mostly) helpful replies - I have no source for xanax or opiates so I may try the alcohol route next time. Yeah, I think I recall the last time I had a few drinks with my crack the paranoia wasn't that bad if any at all.

You're just overstimulated, too much dopamine is putting you into mild psychosis. Smoke less and/or take a benzo. Personally wouldn't advise getting into an opi habit while also on crack, people tend not to live very long once on that combination.

you're just overstimulated, too much dopamine is putting you into mild psychosis. Smoke less and/or take a benzo. Personally wouldn't advise getting into an opi habit while also on crack, people tend not to live very long once on that combination.

+1 qft

You're just overstimulated, too much dopamine is putting you into mild psychosis. Smoke less and/or take a benzo. Personally wouldn't advise getting into an opi habit while also on crack, people tend not to live very long once on that combination.

Very, very true. A simple comment like that can possibly lighten up someone's dark road. (Hey, I'm optimistic :\).

I am yet to know someone who has started walking that road and ever returned.

Hmmm - - probably a good point about too much dopamine - - after my first one or two hits I am not paranoid - - it only happens if I take too many hits too close together. yeah, I am not going to go down the opi route - - maybe drink a few drinks to start with a mild buzz and will trying spacing the hits and not getting overstimulated.

i used to know a guy that did the same thing when he smoked rocks... i suggest taking a valium or xanax but thats just me.

please keep in mind that this is going way way back like in my teenage years... I use to do this also. I can tell you that the longer you do it and the more psychologically addicted you become to it the worst paranoia gets. I got to the point where I thought I was wet everytime I smoked. did the window peeping thing too... and the covering mirrors and the listening intently... no matter what you add, my opinion is that in the long run it just gets worse.

Last edited:
macd10 - yes, you made a very good point - this paranoia is getting worse over time. The first few times I smoked I enjoyed it and had no paranoia. Each successful session it seems to get worse. I just know the cops are outside my house ready to bust in. Perhaps the good news in all of this is that this could cure me of this nasty habit, huh?

once you experience negative symptoms such as paranoia or anxiety while using a drug keep in mind that the personal worth of the drug goes down and more importantly you are probably causing yourself lasting damage

It's not really paranoia. It's a form of psychic phenomena. Seriously. It might sound crazy but "paranoia" is just a symptom of something deeply spiritual occurring. My opinion is that it's actually the devil shouting in your ear. Basically, paranoia is a religious experience. God is trying to tell you something. If crack is illegal where you're at, chances are, you'll see the cops coming in any minute. Get this: two years ago I was on crack and had an auditory hallucination or so I thought. I looked out the window and I shit you not, three cops were running towards my door. I about had a heart attack but they went upstairs instead. It seems every time I have an auditory hallucination, the cops eventually do arrive. Just not to arrest me because I am aware of their presence before they get the opportunity to watch me.

Ever heard of remote viewing?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing uppers intensify your brains activities. It super stimulates the third eye. Meth did the same thing. Basically you are having an out of body experience and you're viewing remotely what the police would think if they knew what you were up to. And, actually, if you don't quit the dope, the police could always get involved if they ever become aware of your actions so it's not an unrealistic idea that the cops could bust in any minute. They could. Don't ignore paranoia. Act accordingly.

Last edited by a moderator: