• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin What can I buy to help with bad infection / possible cotton fever until doc?

kbrianna666

Greenlighter
Hey guys my brother has aninfection, doesn't help that were sick too but I was wondering what I can get from walgreens or something to hopefully help make it more barible until the morning?

Last edited:
No he doesn't have an abscess. He did miss a shot in his arm a couple days ago, it's swelled since so were definitely going to the doctor as soon as our ride gets here in the morning. He's sleeping now, but I wanted to do what I could to make him the most comfortable until then in case he wakes up.

It's doubtfuly cotton fever....usually that lasts from 2-6 hours and has some pretty unmistakeable symptoms. If he's that bad, high fever, delerium, etc., I would call an ambulance. Sepsis isn't anything to mess around with and if you give us a few more details we could probably offer more advice but it sounds like Tylenol/ibuprofen would be my first choice and if he doesn't improve rather quickly it's likely something more sinister that needs immediate evaluation.

^^^agreed , if he has a fever, even low grade call 911 now . Simular situation happened to my sister, she was in the hospital for a week on I v antibiotics and almost lost her arm. To this day she has no feeling in her hand. She just wanted to see if it would get better in the morning. Well needless to say, it didn't

Spent 110 days in the hospital after sepsis spread to my neck and basically destroyed my cspine. I'll never be the same again. How i wish now i woulda called the ambulance at the first sign of a low grade fever.... Food for thought.