• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What are you listening to? XXIX : Foolsgold, your audialgasms will never be forgotten

ABBA! That is all...

40713bb35fd01ede1cf11ec94f676bf6.gif

Love a bit of ABBA ;)

Cities in the Park (1991)

"Back in 1991, just before the sad demise of Factory Records, there was 'Cities in the Park', an outdoor event over 2 days staged at Manchester's Heaton Park. This was the last and largest event ever to take place featuring the legendary Manchester Sound. This rare footage was on limited release at the time with just a few copies sold - now it has been digitally remastered so you can relive the nostalgia of this fantastic music. Featuring: Happy Mondays, Electronic, A Certain Ratio, The Wendys, Cabaret Voltaire, Revenge, Ashley & Jackson, Durutti Column, The Buzzcocks, New Fast Automatic Daffodils, Ruthless Rap Assassins, The Adventure Babes and Natural Life."

Happy Mondays - Tart Tart (original video)

Where's my SHM?!? :(

<3

Heh, however much I loved the Mondays, Shaun Ryder just couldn't sing to save his fuckin life could he? =D

Yay and nay, I'd say. Depends very much on how one defines "sing". Which, given all that has come betwixt and between, is very much a matter of preference really. Personally I love his vocals both in terms of his godly lyrics and his genius tunages...

Black Grape - Tramazi Parti

"Yeah, we're having a Temazepam party

Good evening!
And welcome to the Temazepam party
Just slide inside and help yourself
We have a wide selection of downers
For your love and enjoyment
So sit down and gouch out
At your own leisure..."

"Singing" is... some other kinda lesser form of matter... :eek:

<3

among the many nights that Gatecrasher have promoted @ Area in Sheffield since their return in the summer of 2016 there was this....

gatecrasher_2-1.jpg

a commemoration of the home of their weekly club night, the magnificent Republic in Sheffield, which they burnt to the ground in 2007 in order to use the insurance to open that monstrosity of a disco of Broad Street in Brum.

But, having finally got some sense back, they have returned to Sheffield to get back to doing what they always did best. And the beauts recorded the entire nights worth of music from the main room, which I d/l'd of mixcloud last week and have been rinsing for the last 24 hours now I have some danceable drugs. I cannot find the link at the moment so they may have taken it down but if anyone is interested I'll have a more thorough dig for it. Have listened to all the sets now with the exeption of Scott Bond vs Dumonde and its as good a night of classic trance that anyone could wish for.

Fantastic live version of 'Fools Gold'. Just shows what excellent musicians the Roses were. It's just a shame that Ian Brown is incapable of doing anything other than mumbling down the fuckin mike. I can't help but think they could have been so much better if they'd had a decent vocalist...

(Same with the Mondays)

https://youtu.be/jRswxxT3HQ8