• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What Are You Listening To? V. XXVII Durty Basslines

Camper Van Beethoven - Take the Skinheads Bowling

A classic example of a great obscure indie garage band track imo. I love how it's completely timeless. Sounds just as good now, if not better, than it did when I first heard John Peel play the track some 30 years ago. I feel so old when i use the phrase "thirty years ago", must stop using that phrase. 8( :\

Somehow this track would only have worked coming from an American Indie band, the humour and 'wackyness' just wouldnt have worked if they were a British band, imo. :?

One British band that always got the wacky humour right are the legendary half man half biscuit

Half Man Half Biscuit - 24 Hour Garage People (Peel session)

"I fancy I’ll open a stationer’s
Stock quaint notepads for weekend Pagans
While you were out at The Rollright Stones
I came and set fire to your shed
‘Cos you probably work at an all-night garage
You probably work at an all-night garage
You probably work at an all-night garage
With Talk Radio on

And you curse my soul if I don’t want petrol
Curse my soul ‘cos I don’t want petrol
I only came down for a tube of Pringles
…Sour Cream and Chives

Because you gotta get up off your fat arse to go and get my crisps and you gotta go around the counter and it’s really inconvenient; and when you come back, you toss them into that sliding metal tray device thing that separates us and you say: “One pound thirty-five”, as opposed to: “That’ll be one pound thirty-five please, sir”. This is of course done to annoy me but has the opposite effect of amusing me no end, because suddenly I’ve got other things to buy…

“I’ll have two Scotch eggs and a jar of Marmite,
Two Scotch eggs and a jar of Marmite

Two Scotch eggs and a jar of Marmite
…what sandwiches have you got?”

Well now you become quite irate and your voice becomes louder, and you start to sound like Leadbelly at the Depot…

“I got ham, I got cheese, I got chicken, I got beef,
I got tuna-sweetcorn; I’ve got tuna-sweetcorn…”

I’ll have ten Kit-Kats and a motoring atlas
Ten Kit-Kats and a motoring atlas
And a blues CD on the Hallmark label
– that’s sure to be good”

LMAO.

God Gave Us Life

Last edited:

Glad you approve. :)

Half Man Half Biscuit - Fuckin' 'Ell, It's Fred Titmus

Half Man Half Biscuit - The Len Ganley Stance

(fyi incase unsure who the hell Len Ganley was, he was the most well known snooker referee in the 1980s)

No Doubt - Don't Speak

Evanescence - Bring Me To Life

The Calling - Wherever You Will Go

The Script - Hall of Fame ft. will.i.am

Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved

The Cult - Nirvana (lyrics)

The Cult - She Sells sanctuary (Long Version)

The Cult - Rain [HD]

The Cult - Revolution

Echo and the Bunnymen - Lips Like Sugar (Official Music Video)

Echo and the Bunnymen - The Killing Moon (Official Music Video)

Echo and the Bunnymen - Bring on The Dancing Horses (Official Music Video)

Sinead O'Connor Nothing Compares 2 You 16:9 HD

Sinead O'Connor - The house of the rising Sun

Babybird - Goodnight

James-Sometimes

James - She's a star (HQ)

James - Tomorrow

James - Come Home

The Farm - Groovy Train (Farley Mix) (HQ)

The Farm - All Together Now

Zoe - Sunshine On A Rainy Day (Original 1990 Version)

BABY D - Let Me Be Your Fantasy (Original Version)

The Beloved - Sweet Harmony

Haddaway - What is love

Corona - Rhythm of the Night

Rhythm is a dancer

Culture Beat Mr. Vain

Enigma - Sadeness [HQ]

Enya - Enigma - Return to Innocence (Full Version)

Deep Forest - Sweet Lullaby (Original Completo)

Deep Forest - Marta's Song (1995) HQ

Deep Forest - Boheme, part 1/6

Deep Forest - Forest Hymn

deep forest - night bird

Last edited:
Great references. Will check them out.

Thanks. :D It makes it all worthwhile when someone finally clicks on of your links, and so much more so if they like what they hear. I do hope that you will like at least some of the links I posted. They all sounded blisfull at the time thanks to a little chemical enhancement. Well all the tracks after HMHB, when i then decided that i was in the mood for another long intense musical indulgence of some of my favourite tracks from over the years that i rarely get the chance to listen to.

Boney M

possibly the worst way to start a Wednesday morning.

I dunno, I dont mind hearing Daddy Cool now and then, as naff as it may be, it's arguably got one of the most catchy and belting deep basslines ever, and nearly always succeeds in getting my adrenalin pumping and lifting my mood. (Hey if a few people are honest enough on here to risk loosing whatever 'cred' they may have, by admitting to liking James Blunt and perhaps the one and only half decent track Cliff Richard ever recorded (those few people include myself), then Boney M aren't too much worse, at least some of their better 70s disco tracks, if you like that kind of thing. I'm afraid i do have to draw the line at Rivers of Babylon and Brown Girl In The Ring which i do find so irritating that they are unlistenable. If you ever found yourself in a small village disco in your pre teens either of those tracks would nearly always be followed by the Birdie Song or Black Lace:eek: Even at that age anyone with half a clue would not just clear the dance floor but would be totally out the building as quickly as if it were on fire. :D

Last edited: