• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

What are you listening to? Part XXX - Sexxxy tunes for sexxxy folks

I downloaded the entire Hospital Records Discography a few years ago with the intention of burning it off as a personal gift for someone who I lost touch with before I got the chance to even start burning the cd's. I know its piracy but I have put enough money into the industry through tapes, cd's and in the specific case of Hospital, quite a few 12" releases as well as a number of their mix comps as while I never really scratched the surface I loved High Contrast from the get go and have dipped in and out ever since.

With the entire catalogue to select from (at least everything up until 2016 when I torrented the bundle) it was too much - even avoiding the individual singles there is nearly 13 GB worth of mix - compilations and studio albums from 2002 onward) so I sort of forgot about it until just when I thought 'ok, about time I had a dip' picking this from 2008, which so far is awesome (im on track 11 of 18 'Second Connection' by Nu - Tone, a producer I love anyway.

hqdefault.jpg

I downloaded the entire Hospital Records Discography a few years ago with the intention of burning it off as a personal gift for someone who I lost touch with before I got the chance to even start burning the cd's. I know its piracy but I have put enough money into the industry through tapes, cd's and in the specific case of Hospital, quite a few 12" releases as well as a number of their mix comps as while I never really scratched the surface I loved High Contrast from the get go and have dipped in and out ever since.

With the entire catalogue to select from (at least everything up until 2016 when I torrented the bundle) it was too much - even avoiding the individual singles there is nearly 13 GB worth of mix - compilations and studio albums from 2002 onward) so I sort of forgot about it until just when I thought 'ok, about time I had a dip' picking this from 2008, which so far is awesome (im on track 11 of 18 'Second Connection' by Nu - Tone, a producer I love anyway.

hqdefault.jpg

Hospital though not my usual taste & love do some really good mixes, Liquid Funk when done well can be really nice stuff even though my usual taste is based around Renegade Hardware type sound (dark / industrial / old skool jungle 1993 - 1997)

One of my most loved sets was by Fabio for Hospital that was recorded at Fabric.
Can you PM me a link over of the best set you have please stee? I'm not having the best day right now & really need a boost to my mood as you may read in another thread on here.

Hospital though not my usual taste & love do some really good mixes, Liquid Funk when done well can be really nice stuff even though my usual taste is based around Renegade Hardware type sound (dark / industrial / old skool jungle 1993 - 1997)

One of my most loved sets was by Fabio for Hospital that was recorded at Fabric.
Can you PM me a link over of the best set you have please stee? I'm not having the best day right now & really need a boost to my mood as you may read in another thread on here.

also truly loved that period and sound - also Fabio probably my favourite ever dj=D

on the subject of Essential mixes (above), this one I'm listening to atm is one of the very, very best imho...I remember listening to it as it was first aired, high as 800 kites with some old friends on an awesome system...don't watch the shit video though

Goldie - Essential Mix, BBC Radio 1 {April 1996}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjGMjlEVbyo

I've had this is my head since 6am, even though its been a few years since I've heard it.

Paul Weller - A town called malice

^^ Love the album 'We Cant Be Stopped' still gets a weekly play in the Spencer household even 28 years after release

Ladybird by ladytron(the band ladytron) not the other one tron lad tory land Helen marnie and her bulgarian co mates voice is like heaven to me

Anyone like to listen to orchestra you know with no lyrics just the gentle or intense sounds of the soul

Apologies to any folks whose posts I've used to practice editing shit on the new software. Is as new to me as it is to y'all so this is all a work in progress...

Alan Jackson - Work in Progress

Okay. That probably isn't what I is actually listening to... but proof of concept and all that...

Greydon Square - Proof Of Concept

That one I am actually am listening to now cos I fukkin' love Greydon Square.

Live. Learn. Be pleasantly surprised by PooToob algorithms. Yay etc.

The first time I heard this I was shocked how amazing this is, Amsterdam 2001 anthem.
God I smoked my head off with this in the background.