• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Social What are you currently reading?

Aldous Huxley's
A Brave New World...

Fuck me, it also came with a pair of 3D glasses for the cover! An absolute bargain at $14.99 from the airport. The story itself is quite dated but still amusing and relevant...

a fantastic novel, easily in my top 5. people like to think of the coming totalitarian world as that of Orwell's 1984, 'a boot forever smashing onto a human face', but in fact our destruction will be from excess; of sex, and drugs, and easy jobs and NO READING. its already happening....

as for me, lots for my disseration.
Wuthering Heights (even though i was supposed to be done wuth it by now)
then The Essence of the Brontes by Muriel Spark
followed Maddening Ideology by Zizek
and to round that all off Freud's The Interpretation of Dreams

busy, busy... but all i wanna do is get drunk :/

Started reading Water for Elephants today I am on chapter four, it is very good so far. The Count of Monte Cristo is next I intend to get a copy this week!

Started reading Water for Elephants today I am on chapter four, it is very good so far. The Count of Monte Cristo is next I intend to get a copy this week!

Didnt you say you were on chapter 6 of Monte Cristo yesterday? I am detecting a strong odour here...

Sorry but it was Captain.Heroin that said that. You are mistaken. Sheesh what is your damage friend?

progression is key, why the cmc though? are you working your way through the classics?

progression is key, why the cmc though? are you working your way through the classics?

because I loved it as a kid and I wish to re-read it

That and it has an eloquence of being able to go through so much action, and each scene/chapter transition is seamless.

I re-read Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead already.

I recently read War and Peace and I fell in love with it, but it'll be many years before I desire to re-read it

I'm also working on writing my novel

I re-read Atlas Shrugged and The Fountainhead already.

/QUOTE]

Those were my life when I was about 18...now I'm 40..haha..objectivsm...been through a lot since then.

Right now re-reading Cell by Stephen King

and something a bit different

Spiritual Emergency:When Personal Transformation Becomes a Crisis....fascinating...something that's happened in my life quite a bit.

Last edited:
"No reservations" my none other than Anthony Bourdain is a great read for all you line cooks out there, depicts the life style pretty accurately lol

or "Secret Ingredient" is great! its a new York times book, foodies paradise.