• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What are the top most addicting drugs?

Aw man id say meth is the most addictive stuff, i did it for the first time tonight and id say dont do it because this has been the best day of life i was so high up there. I said i was only gonna do meth this one time for a nice night and never touch it again. I dont think i can do that the high is so good that u dont really care about what it does to you. I get heroin is probably really nice nice too but right now i cant imagine a buzz thats better than this. Pills dont even come close to it i mean pills are fuking great but this is just so much better i thoguht the high of pills is better than anything could be but this way too good i didnt really beleive how good i felt i just felt better than anything. im still really fuked and just feel like typing shit so keep reading if ya want.
Hehehe all i had to say was which ones the most addictive but i feel like talking about it. And man when ure on ice it looks like it too. The world just looks so shady but beautiful at the same time. Meth was made to get people hooked really fast thats for sure. I wonder what it would be like on a higher dose, i guess it would just feel even better. Just my point of view on meth even though this was my first time, u get to know the drug pretty well the first time.

i hate so much when people say like "ohhh my habit is so serious, i cant quit smoking cuz its harder to quit than heroin" when i hear people say that it makes me wanna split their wigs..
if they just knew what junk sickness was like, they would sing a different fuckin tune..

I actually find the extremely unpleasant w/d from heroin or other strong opiates make them far easier to quit than cigs cos it is sooooo unbelievably shit you think twice and then thrice about going back to using if you can get through the w/d. Cigs are pure mental craving and a truly horrid, seemingly unending niggling desire for them even if you hate them - w/d are no big deal so nor is putting it off another week, month, year... right? :|

As I said, I was heavily addicted to heroin (and crack, for that matter - although that was also a craving rather than a true addiction for me) and have served my time with just about any drug anybody can name - and probably a few they can't - but cigs really are a total bitch to quit :\

I find Benzos to be the most addicting. I can have Opiates lying around and convince myself not to use them, and eventually I forget about them, but if I have benzos lying around I always want to take them. I've beaten my benzo addiction but I still cant seem to get past cigarettes. I also find weed easy to quit.

For myself

1. opiates

2. Benzo's

3. nothing (I hate stimulates)

its all about availability, personal situation & dispositions, social stigma and so on...theres no "most addictive" drug, but there are situations in which certain classes of people are more likely than others to become addicted to a certain class of drugs.

imo and ive done all these drugs im listing it goes:

1. ketamine
2. alcohol
3. cocaine
4. heroin
5. nicotine

never been addicted to anything and ive lost count of the amount of times ive smoked heroin (and ive injected itabout 10 times)

Ketamine IV is the only thing I have really fiened off, and no matter how much money I have when I IV it I usually use up all my money just to stay high and keep getting that bang

Rational_scale_to_assess_the_harm_of_drugs_(mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence).svg

It's all subjective and is going to differ from person to person. Personally the most addictive drugs are Strong opioids, benzodiazepines.

this was laying around my computer from a study, but i didn't write down/save the study name oops

Percentage of users who develop dependence (according to dependence described by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, criteria)

Tobacco 31.9%
Heroin 23.1%
Cocaine 16.7%
Alcohol 15.4%
stimuants other than cocaine 11.2%
cannabis 9.1%

i bet most opiates would be nowhere near as high as heroin. since heroin is the one that is A) often injected and B) has a rather short duration compared to many others

they didn't analyze benzos or other drugs not on that list

That's what I was going to say. Opiates do nothing for me except make me nauseous. So I wouldn't be inclined to do them enough to get addicted.

It's all subjective and is going to differ from person to person.

From my personal experience heroin and opiates are the most addictive physically,while methamphetamine is mentally addictive worse than opiates,or it is for me.After the terror of dope sickness many times I have to say hard core heroin/opiate addiciton by far, but mentally crystal meth seems to get a hold of you more so than heroin,also I suppose crack is very addictive but I never used crack more than a few times and I did Fiend out for more until I fell asleep,but with methamphetamine i can crash out for a few days and all the while wishing I was on speed,so I guess for me Heroin/Opiates are the most addictive followed very closely for the mental cravings and stuff of Crystal Meth as #2 most addicitve.Thats just me tho...everyone is different altho I don't think when it comes to heroin and or opiate use you can say it's not the #1 most addictive...

Different poisons for different people.

I was able to kick a daily 6 mg klonopin habit no problem. I was far more physically dependent on them than mentally.

It seems in the case of alcoholics, alcohol is the most addictive.

It really varies.

My thoughts lie in my firm belief that the addictive potential of any chemical depends entirely upon the psychology, physiology and genetics of the individual receiving the substance.

Case-in-point: I consider opiates/opioids to be the most addictive for me, with select benzodiazepines second and ketamine as a close third. This is assuming, however, we are omitting the physiological definition of addiction, in which case alcohol and benzodiazepines would likely be considered the most physiologically addicting in terms of the consequences of withdrawal from each, with opiates coming in second.

IMO, the question is too subjective without defining specific parameters for "addiction."

~ vaya

werd.

That's what I was going to say. Opiates do nothing for me except make me nauseous. So I wouldn't be inclined to do them enough to get addicted.
usually a certain percentage of the population is susceptible to euphoria from a particular drug, iirc usally it's around 10%

however, i said the same thing as you, i only got negative body/mind effects from opiates the first several times i tried them. maybe it was aging into adulthood that changed my brain, or maybe i just got used to them, but i did eventually learn to appreciate them. and the rest is history :p so i wouldn't make the assumption that you are immune from either the euphoria or the addiction/dependence

Ok this is someone who has a degree in health/wellness/medicine. Nicotine is the most addictive drug. this is followed by heroin/opiates. The reason the opiates are so addictive is not only does it give a very euphoric high, but your tolerance can go up in as little as a week meaning u need more and more of the drug in higher doses to experience the effect u felt the first time u did it. Also the withdrawl is another reason opiates are so abused. theres not much worse than being dope sick

It kinda depends on what you mean by addictive. The only thing I'm addicted to now is nicotine. Granted withdrawls are nothing compared to physical addiction to opiates or benzo, but I can use those without getting physically addicted. Crack isn't addictive in the same way as opiates, you don't get sick from not having it, but then you don't go nuts looking for one more hit of oxy the first time you try it. That said if I could only have one drug for the rest of my life (God forbid) it would be weed, which is one of the least addictive of all.

I had seizures for two months after kicking a heroin/benzo habit. The seizures were a direct result of the 8mg a day xanax habit.

Benzos, barbituates, and alcohol are drugs which can kill you from withdrawl.

I think crack and to an extent cocaine are both pretty rough in terms of short term addiction, once someone smokes some, they will often go to extremes to smoke more.