• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What are the top most addicting drugs?

Visionary_Kpsycho

Bluelighter
Just wondering. After hearing something in an article of nicotine being more addicting the heroin it got me thinking. Is this true, from anyone who has done both. I am talking long term effects of course. But anyway is heroin the most addicting drug out there? Crack? Meth? From personal experience

I have heard this argument about nicotine before.

If nicotine were as illegal as heroin this would NOT be the case.

there is many more cigarette smokers out there than heroin addicts yes.. but this is largely due to the fact that cigarettes are obtained legally.

Opiates are surely more addicting than cigarettes... but heroine in itself is a bit overplayed both in its level of addiction and people going around saying its like having 1000 orgasms into gods vagina

IN MY OPINION
here are the most addicting drugs in order

1-cocaine
2- Opiates
3- amphetimines
4- alcohol
5- nicotine

heroin feels great.. but unless injected its not that much better (if any) than many other opiates out there.. but it is certainly obtained much cheaper (unless u get ur fix for free from medicaide like I do)

My thoughts lie in my firm belief that the addictive potential of any chemical depends entirely upon the psychology, physiology and genetics of the individual receiving the substance.

Case-in-point: I consider opiates/opioids to be the most addictive for me, with select benzodiazepines second and ketamine as a close third. This is assuming, however, we are omitting the physiological definition of addiction, in which case alcohol and benzodiazepines would likely be considered the most physiologically addicting in terms of the consequences of withdrawal from each, with opiates coming in second.

IMO, the question is too subjective without defining specific parameters for "addiction."

~ vaya

in my experience:

1. Opiates (heroin/morphine in particular)
2. Methampetamine and amphetamines
3. Cocaine/Crack
4. Nicotine
5. Benzos (hypnotics in particular -- temazepam, triazolam, nitrazepam, etc)

Whatever you let your mind get addicted to.

I've tried opiates of all types, coke, and all the rest. But I chose beer and Benzos.

I had the pleasure of having two grams of amazingly pure Heroin whilst living overseas for free. Many times, I forgot I even had it.

Some folk who have tried a lot of smack end up going for coke.

But, in a different manner, I think a combination or even just one type of anything hitting the GABA receptors would top the chart.

90% of people who ever smoke will at some point become addicted, about 60% of people who try crack become addicted, 23% of the people that try heroin become addicted. The statistics for this are easily found with a google search.

In terms of my experience, methamphetamine is the most addictive drug I've done, followed by tobacco, followed by crack, cocaine, benzos, alcohol, amphetamine, opiates, and marijuana (in that order). The other drugs I've done aren't very addictive to me, although some of them (MDMA, methylphenidate, etc.) might be to other people.

Obviosuly someone who is addicted to cigarettes and never tried heroin will say the cigarettes are so much harder to quit!

when i was addicted to IV dope i would routinely say FUCK CIGARETTES and put the money i would be wasting towards them into my arm instead. i was never sick for 7 days in withdrawals from my cig habit. i dont think the two can even come close to being even compared to one another.

yeah, I can see an argument being made for cocaine being more addictive than heroin, but i feel the two are addictive in very different ways. With coke, once I start on a binge, I fiend like crazy, and have in the past done things that I am ashamed of to obtain more of the drug. Heroin though, is different, because as long as I could get my fix, I'd be good for a couple of hours, so as long as I had enough gear for at least a few days, I could be a relatively productive person in comparison. As far as long term psychological addiction goes though, heroin straight up.

For me its dilaudid , heroin, all other prescription opiates, benzos, cocaine, meth. I sort them ot according to how bad i crave, my wilpower to not use. Many ppl sort them out according to the consequences of their addiction.

I.e= I am prescribed my opiates, and they are covered , i have to pay for my crack so it is a way worse addiction because it makes me broke.........

I gave up a long-term heroin habit. I still smoke cigarettes. Couldn't say that would be the same if they were on a level legal playing field. I did at least enjoy using heroin though. Just sparked me first cig of the day, hacked up a bit of chest gack and can't say I'm enjoying it as such. First dig of the day though? Hmm... that was always rather special <3

In an odd way, cigs kinda are for me cos there's no serious w/d so it's easy to just cave in to the mental cravings cos it's so easy to go buy more, cheaply, at any time. If the option of buying a gram of heroin was there and the downsides weren't quite so bad (due to illegality again) whenever I tried to withdraw I'd probably be still on that too. Or maybe not. But maybe. Stims are more binge and purge stuff than true addictions for me... although I've certainly given them plenty of chances to move up from legthy binge to addiction they never have really - gotta sleep eventually 8)

Funny, for me, I never found opiates or cigarettes /that/ appealing. I can completely understand how they force addiction, but for some reason, even after using them both for a few months, I just didn't like them. However, as soon as I used amphetamines and alcohol, it was a different story...
Some drugs are obviously more addictive than others, but ultimately, different strokes for different folks, I think.

I think heroin and oxycontin are pretty addicting. I don't know how people put other things like coke above opiates. I've tried a bunch of different things and nothing really seemed to stick except opiates. I really don't know what the hype around coke is, but I know the market is huge so I guess it's just personal preference. I guess some prefer uppers and some prefer downers.

i hate so much when people say like "ohhh my habit is so serious, i cant quit smoking cuz its harder to quit than heroin" when i hear people say that it makes me wanna split their wigs..
if they just knew what junk sickness was like, they would sing a different fuckin tune..

I think it really just depends on the person's body chemistry and past experiences. People can and do get addicted to almost anything.

Well I've tried/been addicted to most of the above, and I really don't know what I find most addictive. I no longer use Cocaine/Opiates, but I still smoke cigarettes. They cost $10 a pack, and will be going up to $12. I still probably won't be quitting any time soon. I will just become that much more part of the Working Poor. $400 a month to smoke Cigarettes. Granted that's about a weeks worth of opiates, I still have no desire to quit.

^god doesn't that suck!!! it's a good thing you don't really gain tolerance to the damn things enough otherwise it would be as expensive as a dope habit... so sad.

Yea except if your doing other drugs then it sure could be. On Coke/Speed i would smoke like 3 packs a night.

I really hope crime skyrockets because of this.

ive been addicted to many different substances over the years

nicotine is the only one i cant seem to shake, maybe someday

ive been addicted to many different substances over the years

nicotine is the only one i cant seem to shake, maybe someday

Same here.

Cigarretes rather than nicotine itself. God knows what the hell is in them aside from tobacco.