• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin What are the steps you take to ensure that you do not OD?

mike.vick

Bluelighter
What are the steps you take to ensure that you do not OD while doing your daily using routine?

If I was relapsing, I would start small with my dose.

Being consistent with one dealer (who is consistent).

Ive had the same stash for months and have been going steady dosages. looking for tips tho because I get nervous from just feeling the high like I might OD.

lol. really? do people actually do anything? man, when I was junked out, using daily, the only steps I took were he steps that were inbetween me and the dope. once I got up those steps I'd jam a needle in my arm and not have a care in the world.

nowadays, w/ all the OD's on TV/hearing in the Boston area; I do get nervous but still have no resistance at all. I am on Suboxone; I know that it helps/keeps me a bit safer but there is no guarantee. also, it is blocking a good % of the dope anyway. lately, there are many deaths in//around the area because of all the Fent laced dope; people are dropping like fucking flies, man. but yet, as mentioned, I dont even think twice when shooting. but I've mentioned many times on here before, so ill say it again. I used to shoot brown dope and finish a G w/ 2-3 shots. I'd never test but just shoot; took my dudes word for it. I was much more of a fiend then and my tolerance was through the roof THEN. nowadays, after being MUCH MORE CLEAN over the past 6 months and actually get time under my belt, I am starting to dip a bit into the Fent and still have nothing stopping me but the Suboxone is helping very much kill the ultimate BUZZ and keeps me ALIVE in many ways. I remember one day I didnt take my Suboxone back to back days but use the Fent back to back days and took a shot on day 2, the same size shots I had on day 1, and WOW! I woke up 20 minutes later w/o a clue what happened. but to be honest, it didnt worry me at all. all it did was make me realize I had FIRE and I need MORE, MORE and MORE!

but yes, START SMALL and know your dealer, as ARK9 said. I usually will have another user pick up for me nowadays so they come to me w/ the updates. they know its fire and what the deal is. also, its always been fent for the past year or so; I got used to it. even tho I havent used nearly as much, I am pretty spot on w/ what shots to take when on Suboxone; when NOT on Suboxone, or even day 2 of NOT on Suboxone - I DO NOT KNOW considering I just DROPPPPPPPPPPED last week but it didnt stop me whatsoever.

Ive had the same stash for months and have been going steady dosages. looking for tips tho because I get nervous from just feeling the high like I might OD.

are you nodding? are you waking up and wondering what is happening? are you shooting? what makes you think you are going to drop? I dont get it. esp. someone hwo had a fucking STASH and been going for MONTHS and MONTHS; its either you are a rich mothrefucker or have no tolerance at all. either way, be careful and stick w/ the steadiness. what is wrong w/ what you are doing now? are you NOT feeling it like you once were? if so, its just you building a tolerance and yon can easily take a BUMP in what your dose is.

I know man, Its like the ring of power in lord of the rings. I know my addiction is strong when I idolize and romanticize the drug. It's icky. I go to bed high and think about how much I'm gonna love waking up and getting high.

No I'm not nodding, just feeling a mood enhancement mostly and I will barely nod or barely itch now. And I'm doing dosages that are only twice when I started a year ago, being opiate naive. I only snort like 10mg at a time, per 3-6 hours. But I am generally anxious and take about 1.5 mg xanax per day. And I know that xanax can be a bad combo.

Last edited:
so what is the problem? are you shooting? what are you worried about? have you OD'd? if not, why not bump it up if you are not getting the same "fee" you once were. I am NOT pushing you to do anything but just wondering what your deal is and what is happening w/ you and how you use.

I have bumped up in the past week and started getting high again. I'm just scared of the respiratory depression. Everything I've seen about heroin gives me the impression that it has a very low therapeutic index, or effective dose / to lethal dose ratio. like 1:6 meaning if you do six times the pain killing dose you could die. Is that overstated?

And I haven't overdosed on opiates but I've overdone every single other class of drugs before, albeit younger and unwise. And if you overdo opiates you might not make it, moreso than the others.

OK, So once you do your dose if you are just a lil high, like a lil ballon headed, is it okay to dose again? do you dose less than the first time? I've only nodded a few times in the year I've been dependent on opiates. Almost every time I get that feeling that I take something to keep me awake cause I get paranoid that I'm gonna OD. I'm very anxious.

dude, you are asking very common questions where you just need to feel YOURSELF OUT. yes, def. just TRY TO BUMP IT UP A BIT! rather than take multiple shots, just give your first bump/shot a bit MORE than usual and leave it at that. see how you feel. if you are using the same dope, day in and day out, then you are NOT buying NEW STUFF then you do NOT need to worry about any surprise. yes, a bit more has the capability to DROP YOU but believe it or not you have been using your own stuff long enough where you know it quite well and it will take a good amount to actually DROP YOU! you will be fine, man.

Thanks man,
I saw an equivalent dose chart with pure heroin as listed as 3-5 times stronger than morphine and 2-3.5 times stronger than oxycodone per mg. Is this a correct equivalence? I think my stuff was supposed to be around 80% pure, probably ~60%-80% I guess.

lol. really? do people actually do anything? man, when I was junked out, using daily, the only steps I took were he steps that were inbetween me and the dope. once I got up those steps I'd jam a needle in my arm and not have a care in the world.

BBT, you crack me up man, we would probably get along alright IRL.

Anyway, as it's probably been mentioned, didn't read through the whole thread, but have narcane available at all times if possible and have someone nearby that knows about the narcane, I've OD'D and saved multiple peoples lives because of this. Great thing about living in a junky homeless camp in Oakland, everyones got narcane, and there's usually someone around that's done enough tweak to take action while others sit around nodding while their friend ODing. Also, if you I.V, and you're nervous only slam half the issue and then wait a minute and see how that does you. Other than that there isn't really any good way if you're all by yourself. You could start doing jumping jacks I suppose.

If you are unsure of strength of what you got the best bet is to start small and see how it effects you. If you do a tiny bit and it's got you flying then you know you need to be careful with how much you do... Remember you can always add a little more but you can't take any back once you've done too much... Most important thing is just be careful and only do what you're comfortable doing, nobody knows your body better than you so you need to safely determine what is the proper dose for the particular batch you have. Also remember that even if you're getting from the same guy every time that the product can and does change so one day it can be incredibly weak but the next day it could be incredibly strong... Take it slow and again on any new batch start small... Wouldn't hurt to also have a trusted experienced friend around who can act quickly should things go sour... Just use your head and you should be fine

You are sniffing it correct OP?

First off have a friend with you that can either administer narcan or call an ambulance. Secondly, you should just do match head sized bumps until you feel the feeling you desire. It is very hard to OD if you are only titrating up a small amount at a time.

@BBT. I was the same way man. As soon as I had it in my hand I was gunna slam it. I don't know how many times I mixed up and did a shot driving away from the dope spot (I know this is bad policy to drive and do drugs at the same time).